I booked this hotel using the 'you don't see the price until you've paid' method, as there was a great deal on. I was hoping for the Beaver Creek Park Hyatt, like I got last year, and will admit I was a bit sad to see I got The Pines Lodge. It didn't sound nearly as sexy.
We arrived and were the last people to check in at midnight. Wow, such a different feel already to that of the Park Hyatt, where the lobby is busy with people at all times of day or night. Our room was not as posh as the PH, and we overlooked the car park :( but it was quiet and did the trick. They offer free Starbucks coffee between 7 and 10 am on your floor, and that was a nice treat. Also, I really liked the 10 min walk into the village, it made it feel like we have our own chalet or something. In the end, I think I prefer this hotel to PH because it's more relaxing and you can get away. And, if you get a room on the mountain side, it's gorgeous. I saw one as it was being cleaned and sighted wistfully.
My only negative would be the pool. It's tiny and we went there three times. Each time all chairs were taken. Otherwise, it's a nice place to rest your head.
- Also Known As:
- The Pines Lodge, a Rock Hotel Beaver Creek
- The Pines Lodge, a Rock Hotel
- Pines Hotel Beaver Creek
- The Pines Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Slope side at Beaver Creek, The Pines Lodge is a luxurious yet intimate lodge that features ski-in access, exceptional accommodations, and remarkable views throughout the year. Nestled between aspens and pines and overlooking the majestic beauty of The Rockies, The Pines Lodge offers the luxury ski resort experience of a lifetime. While staying at The Pines Lodge you, your guests, and your family will be mere steps away from the ski slopes and the Grouse Mountain Grill, a AAA Four Diamond Award-winning restaurant, where you’ll be treated to some of the finest fare in all of Colorado.The Pines Lodge was recently awarded the #3 in Top Resort in the Continental United States by the 2012 Travel + Leisure World's Best Awards readers survey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Amex, getaroom.com, Otel, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Pines Lodge, A RockResort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.