There seems to be some controversy over whether or not this hotel is ski/in, ski/out. When you arrive the ski valet takes your equipment to a ski shop located in the hotel. The next morning when you are ready to go skiing, you go to the shop and put on your boots in nice warm comfort. You go out the back of the hotel, put your skis on your shoulder and walk about one hundred yards on a fairly flat snow packed path that is very easy to walk on in ski boots. Certainly, it is much preferred to getting on and off a bus in ski boots and walking across an icy parking lot in the same aforementioned ski boots! Now, you can get on your skis and have a short glide to the Strawberry Park lift. When you are ready to return to the hotel you can ski right up to the hotel gate. You might say the hotel is better described as walk out/ski in.
With that out of the way, we can concentrate on how delightful this hotel is. The rooms are very comfortable, even luxurious with mattresses about two feet thick. Bathrooms are well appointed. There is a mini-fridge in each room and Starbucks coffee ready in urns on your floor by 7:00 am each morning. If you want, you can take some breakfast items to the hotel with you and put them in the mini-fridge. Each afternoon about 3:00 pm cookies with tea and hot chocolate make an appearance in the lobby by the wood fire that is keep going at all times. The wood fire is especially nice after skiing or with coffee after dinner.
All that is fine but what really makes this hotel work is a very helpful, caring and gracious staff. That does not happen by accident. They have obviously been very well trained by someone.
Over the years I have not had a good relationship with RockResorts. I have not been to one in about ten years. The Pines Lodge was a wonderful experience over two ski trips so far this winter. We hope to be back to Pines Lodge a couple more times before the end of the season. RockResorts, all is forgiven!
- Also Known As:
- The Pines Lodge, a Rock Hotel Beaver Creek
- The Pines Lodge, a Rock Hotel
- Pines Hotel Beaver Creek
- The Pines Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Slope side at Beaver Creek, The Pines Lodge is a luxurious yet intimate lodge that features ski-in access, exceptional accommodations, and remarkable views throughout the year. Nestled between aspens and pines and overlooking the majestic beauty of The Rockies, The Pines Lodge offers the luxury ski resort experience of a lifetime. While staying at The Pines Lodge you, your guests, and your family will be mere steps away from the ski slopes and the Grouse Mountain Grill, a AAA Four Diamond Award-winning restaurant, where you’ll be treated to some of the finest fare in all of Colorado.The Pines Lodge was recently awarded the #3 in Top Resort in the Continental United States by the 2012 Travel + Leisure World's Best Awards readers survey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Amex, HotelsClick, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Pines Lodge, A RockResort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.