The Pines Lodge is an excellent mid-priced hotel in Beaver Creek. Its main strength is its exceptionally accommodating and friendly staff. From the front desk clerk to the restaurant's waiters and bartenders, we found the staff to be well above average in their attentiveness. The property was also very clean so credit needs to be given to the housekeeping staff as well.
I would describe the decor of this hotel as "Rocky Mountain Lodge," which is pretty typical for this area. It also has a small touch of Southwestern character. It is not ultra luxurious, but also not shabby. Pine is pervasive. It is used in the furniture, doors, moldings and even some of the walls. Mattress quality is average.
The location of the hotel is good, but not outstanding. It is not located at the Beaver Creek Village. To get to Beaver Creek Village, guests need to take a short, less than five minute, shuttle ride. Alternatively, you can walk about 300 yards down one of Beaver Creek's ski slopes to access the village. The slope is a traverse so it is mostly flat, but it is still a ski slope and can be slippery in areas. It also has no lights so walking on it at night is not really an option. This very same traverse provides ski in and ski out access to the Strawberry Park Express chairlift during the day.
The hotel has a small outdoor pool and hot tub. It also has a ski rental and tuning shop on property. There is no spa. There is one restaurant, The Grouse Mountain Grille. It has excellent food and a friendly staff. It served the best Colorado Elk I have ever tasted. There is one small bar in The Grouse Mountain Grille that seats about six.
In summary, the Pines Lodge is an excellent mid-priced hotel in Beaver Creek. I would stay there in the future. If you are looking for super-luxurious, you may want to look elsewhere, but expect to pay far more than the Pines Lodge's very good price point. For its price in Beaver Creek, it's pretty tough to beat.
- Also Known As:
- The Pines Lodge, a Rock Hotel Beaver Creek
- The Pines Lodge, a Rock Hotel
- Pines Hotel Beaver Creek
- The Pines Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Slope side at Beaver Creek, The Pines Lodge is a luxurious yet intimate lodge that features ski-in access, exceptional accommodations, and remarkable views throughout the year. Nestled between aspens and pines and overlooking the majestic beauty of The Rockies, The Pines Lodge offers the luxury ski resort experience of a lifetime. While staying at The Pines Lodge you, your guests, and your family will be mere steps away from the ski slopes and the Grouse Mountain Grill, a AAA Four Diamond Award-winning restaurant, where you’ll be treated to some of the finest fare in all of Colorado.The Pines Lodge was recently awarded the #3 in Top Resort in the Continental United States by the 2012 Travel + Leisure World's Best Awards readers survey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Venere, Olotels, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire and Tingo so you can book your The Pines Lodge, A RockResort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.