“Cozy, relaxing, luxurious.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Beaver Creek
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Cozy, relaxing, luxurious.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Sink right into these relaxing rooms, cozy robes and top-rate service. There's nothing like coming back to a cup of hot cocoa at the end of the day and enjoying the efficiency of coffee service outside your door in the morning. No skimping here, you won't even want to leave the room but if you do, the gym and amenities have all the comforts of home and more.

Room Tip: You must try the lettuce wraps at the restaurant. Billed as an appetizer, but makes a great light di...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Denver,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great service and charming hotel - our room had a 180 degree view of the mountains- reminded us of skiing in Europe and European charm with painted doors and wooden window frames and a warm personal feel. Nice hot tub for apres. Great location - with easy ski-in and out access and close to Beaver Creek main area. My husband and I stayed here for a get away and would definitely come back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with windows on two sides for a spectacular view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

At the hotel on a business meeting with a small group. The service staff were super. Very attentive, kept our meeting room well stocked and clean. Valet staff were excellent taking care of skis and the car. They were proactive in getting us to the slopes when we missed our group leaving. You can walk to a ski lift or they can shuttle you. You can walk to bars and restaurants but you need good shoes as you will be walking on snow/ice in the winter. Food in the restaurant was very good. Had a low floor room overlooking front of the hotel - its was OK, no view.

Room Tip: Try for a high room overlooking the back of the hotel. Lower front rooms overlooking the arrival car...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Pines L, General Manager at The Pines Lodge, A RockResort, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear GlobalServicesGuy,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to provide a review of your recent stay with us. I agree with you that I have great staff that genuinely love to exceed our guest’s expectations. The next time you come to visit, please call me so I can put you on the upper floor in a room with a view of the mountains.

Regards,

Bill MacFarlane
(970) 754-7290
wmacfarlane@vailresorts.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

No complaints with the hotel and staff were great. Room was pleasant but expected a bath and disappointed with shower only. It would have been better though had they been more proactive with information about altitude sickness. The restaurant was good but a little expensive and a limited menu.I was on a conference and the included breakfast was not great eg. supermarket yoghurt and no muesli or granola and breads/bagels not fresh baked.
Starbucks coffee on floor each morning was welcome as coffee in Beaver Creek itself was awful.
In fact the food options in Beaver Creek were not to my liking or I just picked the wrong places.
Overall it was a bit disappointing because I had altitude sickness, it was incredibly cold and and no fresh snow at all. I did not like relying on the shuttle bus and would next time stay in a hotel closer to the lifts.

Room Tip: Dont know but suspect there were better rooms that the one I had
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

First of all, let me say that The Pines Lodge is a very nice hotel. I would gladly stay there again. We had a large room with lots of storage space and nice ammenities - attractive but not very luxurious, with floor-to-ceiling windows and a magnificent view. The staff was attentive and friendly. The common facilities were nice, but not spectacular. There are always a roaring fire in the lobby fireplace after skiing, as well as cookies and hot chocolate. The pool and hot tub were nice,with nice views. The location was good - ski in, but not ski out. The lodge is about a 10 minute walk from the village. The restaurant is top notch - not very ornate, but the food was excellent. I'm not a spa person, but I was surprised that there was none.

I have nothing but good things to say about the Pines. Still, it's hard to believe Travel and Leisure rated it #3 in the country (Behind the Osprey and the Sebastian). I'm not even sure it' the 3rd best in Beaver Creek. But as I said, I would go back.

Room Tip: We got a discounted rate by registering and booking through Perfect Escapes.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Pines L, General Manager at The Pines Lodge, A RockResort, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Stuart59,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at The Pines Lodge. Guest service is our highest priority, so I am very pleased to hear that you found our staff to be attentive and friendly during your visit. I am also glad you enjoyed the afternoon cookies and tea service by the fireplace in our lobby. This is a very popular service that we provide daily to all of our guests throughout the winter season.

The Travel + Leisure award we received last year was for #3 of Top US Continental Resorts and was voted on by guests that have stayed with us. The 2013 polls are open now, so if you are interested in voting google search TL World's Best.

Regards,
Bill MacFarlane
(970) 754-7290
wmacfarlane@vailresorts.com
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed a stay of 6 nights.

Our king room was spacious with lovely views of town and mountains.

Service was good from front desk, in the restaurant and from the ski team. They can arrange overnight equipment tuning.

Shuttle service or lifts were very handy given the extremely cold weather. Restaurants in town were also happy to arrange shuttles back to the Pines Lodge.

I'd only suggest that the minibar is stocked with some snacks and the apartment come with cutlery and microwave given the very limited eating choices on site.

Also I was disappointed that I was charged the "forest donation" of $1 a night when I'd specifically requested no donation. Not a large amount, but directly against instructions that I initialled.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I spent the better part of a week at The Pines Lodge. Our stay at The Pines Lodge was excellent, the staff took VERY good care of us. Their attention to detail and customer service rivaled any we have experienced. The property is maintained very well and the staff was very informative and knowledgeable about the area and Beaver Creek. The rooms were incredible, the beds were extremely comfortable and the property was very quiet and peaceful allowing for great sleep! We just can't say enough about the staff at The Pines Lodge, they were just so helpful and made our stay wonderful! First class property! I would most certainly visit The Pines Lodge again in the future and I would encourage anyone reading this review to do the same!!

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook the valley had a beautiful view!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Pines Lodge, A RockResort? Share your experiences!