“Another Outstanding Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 21 hotels in Beaver Creek
Wichita
“Another Outstanding Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

From the initial reception with instant bell service and a speedy and pleasant check-in we were treated to a beautiful room with a breathtaking view of the mountain. Employees at the Pines appear to be uniformly pleased to work there, the result is a “vacation” atmosphere that pervades everything. There was rarely a need for us to “ask” for anything, the staff put real effort into anticipating rather than reacting. Notable (and uncommon) examples include: a nightly turndown service that was effectively a second maid service (returning after dinner to find the room freshly serviced was positively refreshing), nearly instant response to our requests for pickup from the village, spotless common areas including the gym, pool and reception lounge and a ski valet that was so efficient that carefully organized racks conveniently appeared in the morning and disappeared at night.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

295 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Palm beach gardens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the Pines Lodge during a Christmas holiday. The lodge was warm yet festive, serving midday homemade cookies in the beautifully appointed lobby. We checked in and Paul offered us a mountainside room as soon as available, which turned out to be sooner than expected. Max had made our trip special as well, by sending us a welcome gift to our room. All of the staff was very helpful, from the concierge to the front desk staff to the cleaning crew to the young men who brought water to our room. I also loved the steam room, gym and jacuzzi that were amenities of the hotel. Our room had gorgeous views and was spacious. Would highly recommend this lodge, and would stay here again when in the area. It was additionally convenient to all in Beaver Creek. My only suggestion would be to take advantage of any humidifier there may be in the room, as I forgot to check on this and the air in CO dries the skin this time of year. Other than that, all was great!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

My wife and I spent a memorable weekend at the Pines Lodge last weekend. The staff surpirsed and delighted us with thier enthusiasm and outstanding service. The complimentary afternoon chair messages after skiing were special as was our evening meal in the Grousse Mountain restaurant. "Tony G" - the pianist and inger in the bar was over the top good and made the night one to remember with his phrasing of jazz standards and seasonal Christmas songs.
The bell staff was "johnny on the spot" to meet all of our needs (ski storage, etc) and the shuttle service to the very nearby lift was frequent (you can actually walk of ski there if you choose to).
All in all, the room was great and the atmosphere and staff even better!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

The Pines was great...service was fantastic; in particular, Paul provided exceptional service; Michael met us on our way to ski and gave us a great welcoming; I can't remember the bar tenders name, but he was very friendly and funny; and the food was fantastic. Our room was well appointed with great mountain views. They even stored an cake for us for two days (thanks Ms. Concierge whose name I don't know). Would definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Gypsum, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

My partner and I just had a lovely two-day stay at the Pines, just as ski season is beginning at Beaver Creek. The hotel has an excellent location just a short walk from a lift to the main ski runs of the resort. It has a very well-rated restaurant, the Grouse Mountain Grill, located on the ground floor, just across from the reception desk. The rooms are spacious, clean, and quiet, with large flat screen televisions and super-comfortable beds. Prices are very reasonable for Beaver Creek, and to make it even sweeter, RockResorts periodically runs sales that bring the already inexpensive rates down even lower! Staff is friendly and helpful, making this a terrific all-round experience.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We were originally supposed to stay at the sister property, The Osprey, but were moved to the Pines because of renovations. Ok, no big deal. The Pines is a lovely hotel. The bellman that greeted us, Paul, was outstanding. He has been mentioned in several reviews here and is deserving of the praise. Michael, at the front desk, was also superlative: very professional and kind. We were originally put in rooms that faced the driveway. My sister complained about this and Michael was quick to put us in better rooms. I loved my room - it was huge, the views were breathtaking and the amenities were first-rate. I can't say enough good things about this room: the bed was comfy, the TV was huge, there were tons of hangers in the closet, I loved the "bar" soap in the tub.

What prevents me from giving this hotel an Excellent review, was the "Resort Fee". This concept started in Las Vegas and has been adopted in other resort areas. I don't quite understand the high fee at the Pines - $30 is alot of money to tack on for the pool, some water and internet access.. Just up the room rate $20 and charge me $10/day for internet access!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Angleton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

The Pines Lodge was the last of my room stays during an 8-day photographic road trip of Colorado during early October. I managed to get a good price for a room in the lodge because of the fact that it was their off-season (normally, the ski season begins sometime in November and ends in April). I like to prepare myself by printing out directions so I don't get too lost trying to find hotels at which I have never stayed, but I managed to get utterly lost trying to find this place, and only happened upon the general area by accident. This lodge is nestled amongst the condos and other lodgings at the Beaver Creek ski resort, up above the Vail/Avon area. Naturally, ski resorts are never laid out on an easy grid plan, and the road to The Pines was a winding one I would have never found without the help of a young man stationed at an entry gate leading up the road to the resort.

Check in was easy, but I discovered to my chagrin that parking (for $32.50) is valet only, which at first meant that I would not be able to unload my car at my leisure in order to get everything re-packed for my trip to the Denver airport the next day. As it turned out, I was able to get the key from the valet service to get to my car myself; I got the impression that unless they were bringing the car from the small garage for the guest to drive around, they were more than happy to just give the guest their car key if all they needed to do was grab items from the vehicle. I guess I am just used to self-parking, as that is what I did during the other 7 days of my trip.

I stayed in Room 312 and was escorted to and ushered in by a very nice young man named Paul. The very large room itself was beautifully appointed, with a fantastic balcony view of the resort and the mountains (not yet clad with snow since this was the off-season). Everything was clean and the bathroom had the normal toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, bath gel, shower cap, plus a couple of other incidentals). The room also housed a coffee/tea maker, a refrigerator, and a large flat-screen HD television. As a photographer, one of the things I require is a desk onto which I may place my laptop to process the photos in the evening that I took during the day. While there was no actual "desk", there *was* a large round table in the room complete with 2 chairs which I used for my laptop. There is free WiFi for the lodge guest, as well as 24-hour guest service (again, a surprise since it was the off-season).

The Pines Lodge has a well-known restaurant at which I did not eat dinner, unfortunately, as I was at the end of my budget for my trip (I was a little surprised a restaurant up there in the village was even open, since it was the off-season). The dinner menu was included within a booklet of hotel information, and while the entrees sounded very tasty, they ranged between $32 - $37, with only the cheeseburger being $16 (for that price for a burger, I would hope it was the size of a dinner plate). The appetizers ranged in price from $8 - $18. There was also a child's menu (no, I didn't look at that so I can't tell you the price range). Oh, I know, Vail/Beaver Creek is not cheap and I shouldn't expect it to be, I suppose.

In the mornings, beginning at 7AM, there is a tea/coffee service laid out on my floor (right outside of my room, actually) for all the guests. I wish the service started a little earlier, as I had to leave around 6:30 to try and beat the inclement weather for my 2-1/2 hour drive to the Denver airport.

All in all, The Pines Lodge is a lovely place to stay with friendly, helpful staff and clean, large rooms.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to The Pines Lodge, A RockResort? Share your experiences!