“A great little spot” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Franktown, Colorado
“A great little spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

After a good day of skiing where we hit it pretty hard, our crew was a little wiped out and needed a place to relax and have a good meal. Route 6 turned out to be the perfect spot that night and I was pleasantly at the quality and diversity of the food.

I had been to the former location for Route 6 for a late breakfast and the food was good but it was very crowded and that is about what I expected when we decided to go based on an invitation from the manager who was a friend of a member of our party.

We entered the restaurant and were led to the bar area and we occupied several of the comfortable couches and watched the game on a flat screen tv. Our server brought calamari, which I'd recommend, and drinks for starters. Our orders for dinner were what I would have expected prior to going to the restaurant. I had the short ribs which was a recommendation and other members of the party had the salmon burger and chicken curry. The meals came and everyone commented on how good the dinners were. My short ribs were fall off the bone tender, with great flavor and served on a bed of risoto and some roasted vegetables.

After dinner our server brought apple strudel and the brownie dish both with ice cream and both were incredible.

We played a few games of pool once the game was over and headed back to our condo. It was good food and a very relaxing evening, just what the doctor ordered. Can't wait to go back next time I'm in Beaver Creek.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
Pelican Lake, Wisconsin
“coming back to beaver creek and going here again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had breakfast here and it was very good! next time I will ask for my potatoes to be crisp but they were good anyway.Had the special Full Monte eggs benedict, it was wonderful. Can't wait to return and try some other things.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

We had winderful bison burger and venison chili with salads. Seasoned great, hot, satisfying portions. Service prompt, clean & comfy. Overall wonderful. Please add a wheat roll selection.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Jersey, USA
“Still good food at good prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had been to the Route 6 Cafe a few years ago and remembered it fondly. On this trip, I returned to it in its new location and had dinner there twice. The menu is more interesting than your typical diner, though the ambience is diner/family restaurant. The food is quite good -- again, for a family restaurant. This is not fancy, but casual and homey. Very friendly staff, and it is a pleasure to find decent food close to Beaver Creek that is not pretentious and expensive.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Huge Portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is a cool little cafe to have lunch. Not too friendly wait staff, you could tell they do not love out of towners. The food was very good and huge menu! My son got a burrito and it was as big as his head. Off the beaten path but worth a visit.

• Visited January 2013