“Not Park Hyatt Standards,but...” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Ski & Stay 3rd Night Free
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Beaver Creek
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Not Park Hyatt Standards,but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We checked in for one night as we were waiting for our condo to be ready. We've been there before for dinner and the Alligeria Spa. We received great customer service at the valet & reception. We even got an upgrade to a mountain view. The luggage was brought up promptly and we were fully informed about the room & hotel amenities. The only problem was the wash cloths & towels were old...and some had holes in them. I called guest services & they sent up new sets which again were worn out & old. The bathroom could use some updating,one of the sink faucets barely worked & the shower is out dated. I forgot my flat iron & a few personal things. To my pleasant surprise, they had one to borrow at no charge, a really nice plus! The room service was excellent as well as the breakfast buffet. Overall our stay was pleasant and the service was top rate. I hope they replenish their towels in time for the 2015 world cup.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Southlake, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Amazing experience, views, plenty of activities (pool/tetherball/washers/corn holes/frisbee golf...all with resort fee; putt-putt, bungee jump, rock climbing - all for a fee and not hotel-owned) for kids. Beautiful lobby, plenty of areas inside and out to take a set, enjoy the views and read a book, enjoy a drink or just plan out your day. Concierge amazingly helpful and enjoys what she does. Right at the base of hiking trails and the shopping/restaurant village. You really don't have to leave the property but we did take a few trips to Vail. Pricey market in village (not hotel-owned) so shop at grocery store or Walmart before you come in for a lengthy stay for water, snacks, adult beverages, etc. We normally frequent the beach but this may be our way to go to escape the TX heat. VERY PET FRIENDLY hotel and we loved it, although we had to leave our dog behind since we flew into Eagle Co airport. So much fun seeing all of the very well mannered pets on the property.

Room Tip: If you did the "upgrade to mountain view" room, be aware the balconies do not have seating...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for two days and enjoyed the stay very much.
The room was spacious with good silent clima control.
Breakfast was delicous, superb!
The pool and spa neat and clean.
All personel very friendly and helpfull.
The location in village good with easy access to all trails and near everything the village.

Stayed August 2014
OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the plushest hotel we've ever stayed in, better than some Four Seasons and a crown jewel of the Hyatt chain. There is a reason there are only two "Level 7" Hyatt hotels in the United States. This hotel is one of them.
We were at first reluctant to stay at a snow skiing resort in August, fearing everything would be shut down and in moth balls. We got a great rate (for a Park Hyatt) so decided to spend a Friday and Saturday there as the last two days of a whirlwind vacation in the Rockies. It was the perfect way to end a great trip.
Many years ago when I just occasionally stayed at a Hyatt, I was given some great room upgrades. Since Hyatt has become my default hotel for business and pleasure, and being a Platinum member of its Gold Passport program for several years now, I've not received a single upgrade. (Maybe being Platinum is code for "no upgrade necessary?") So I was a little disappointed when at check-in, the very pleasant and professional receptionist did not offer an upgrade. But my family and I were not disappointed. Our room was fantastic.
But back to arrival -- the entry is smaller than I expected and a little unassuming. However, the valet took our car and helped unload the luggage. It turns out the valet fee is the same for self-parking, so be sure and use the valet. As it turns out, though, we never got our car out and only called the valet when it was time to leave. (The valet retrieving our car was a bit aloof and not helpful, but that was pretty much the ONLY picky point -- shouldn't even mention it except that otherwise this looks like an advertisement for Hyatt.)
Our room was very large and overlooked the village. Since we were there in non-ski season, I think the village view was better. Our windows opened fully, and the screens covering the window were without defect and fit perfectly. No bugs. Our room appeared to one of the very few with no balcony, but that was okay, because our younger son is just five years old. We kept the windows open at night and slept in great beds, under great linens, in wonderful mountain fresh air.
The lobby is what you'd expect from a Park Hyatt, and this one is perhaps one of the tops. It has great views of the mountains and ample seating on great, luxurious furniture. It's the outside areas you want to be in, though. On the patios there were fire pits (nightly s'mors are a must-do for adults and kids), dining, and the pools. The one swimming pool is not remarkable, but there are five Jacuzzis. Five. It is a ski resort, after all. On Saturday when we spent about two hours at the pool, the two over-worked guys at the pool bar attended to everybody in a first-class manner. The younger attendant, a 20-year-old local kid, was very pleasant, efficient, conversational, and did a fantastic job serving all the people clamoring for his attention. His co-worker was equally to the task.
My boys played soccer, tether-ball, Ping-Pong, bean bag toss, and tag on the lawn with other Hyatt families, and ventured a little ways down the lawn to do trampoline bungee jumping and rock wall climbing. Earlier on Saturday my wife and older son did a horseback ride with the stables just up the mountain from the Park Hyatt, and they loved it. It was a one-hour ride through the forest and aspens, and both said they'd wished they'd booked a two-hour ride.
We ate the breakfast buffet each morning, and it, too, was wonderful. Most every Hyatt resoirt we've ever stayed at has a great breakfast buffet (Maui, Kauai, Hill Country, Tamaya, to name a few), and this was no exception. All of the foods and drinks were perfect. No complaints.
I just can't find anything bad to say about this hotel, other than I wish I had been born a trust-fund baby so that I could just come live here. A great experience.
I hope my boys turn into snow skiers, so that I'll come back in ski season to watch them ski. (Good use of points and points/dollars!!)

Room Tip: The village view rooms can be noisy until about 10:00 pm, but I think they've got the best view...
Green Features: All Hyatt hotels seem to have paid a lot of attention to environmentally friendly practices. Beaver Creek is no exception. We found it easy to dispose of our trash in recycling-appropriate containers.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

My wife and I spent 4th of July weekend in Beaver Creek and stayed at the Park Hyatt. This is one of the best hotels we’ve ever been to, and I can only imagine staying here in the winter. The service, cleanliness, room quality, food, etc. was all top notch. The lobby is amazing and the rooms don’t disappoint either. The festivities on Friday were right outside the hotel and our room overlooked the entire area where there was a concert and we had an amazing view of the fireworks. We spent most of our Saturday at the pool (get there before lunch if you want chairs), which was amazing as well. The service of the staff at the pool was extremely friendly and attentive. If I could think of one complaint at all, it would be no HD on the television, but you don’t really go to Beaver Creek to watch television. We will definitely be back to the Park Hyatt if we can.

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad view in this hotel. If you would prefer to overlook the slopes...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

There were lots of dogs as the reviewer mentioned below; however, ALL dogs were well-mannered and none of them stunk, nor did any part of the property stink. The reviewer below was obviously upset with their lack of congratulatory amenities and were angry about everyone else's happiness. It was pure joy seeing these happy pets! Not only that, but these guests pay $100 more to have their pets here. If anything, this resort was a huge child day care, but so what? It was a joy seeing families spending time together---
including with their pets. It was a truly extraordinary experience. The food was exquisite. The service was superb. The resort was absolutely magical. ALL of the guests we encountered seemed to share the same sentiment. This was my favorite Hyatt!

• Stayed August 2014
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in July as we explored Vail/Beaver Creek. Our original plan was to stay 4 nights, but a horrific thunderstorm delayed our arrival and meant we had to spend our original first night in Denver rather than Beaver Creek. Even though we were past cancellation time when we called, Maya at the front desk was great about waiving the cancellation fee and just told us to be safe and get there when we could.

When we arrived the next day, checkin was prompt and friendly. The hotel public areas are beautiful, and there are plenty of close-by activities for families and kids. The lift is apparently being renovated for the 2015 world championships, so if you want to take a lift to the top of the mountain this summer, you'll need to go to Vail (~ 20 minute drive). No big deal for us as we wanted to see Vail anyway. Otherwise, the hotel location is pretty ideal. The ski lift is literally right out the back door of the property, there is a nice walk that takes you down along to Beaver Creek village and past a few kiddie activities (climbing wall, bungee trampoline, etc.).

Staff was all very polite and efficient, but not always overly friendly. There's nothing I'm complaining about here exactly, because everyone is happy to help and polite, but everywhere else we went in Colorado, people were overwhelmingly friendly and helpful. The Hyatt staff is very polite, but not particularly "warm." It also seems that they may import much of their staff (particularly restaurant staff) from outside the area, so there isn't always a ton of local knowledge, which is a bit disappointing. I realize large hotel chains probably need to move people around to different properties for training, but there should be a blend of locals and non.

The rooms were very nice. Beds extremely comfortable. The rooms had a small mini-fridge in them, which was great. Bathrooms were fine, not particularly large for a Park Hyatt property, but the amenities were very nice. I will say that, while well maintained, the decor is getting a bit dated looking. Probably getting close to time for a refresh here.

Only real negative here was the restaurant. There is no Regency Club at this hotel, so as a Diamond member, we were comp'd breakfast in the hotel restaurant daily. Again, the staff was polite, but service was pretty hit and miss, with coffee refills not being served, going a LONG time before seeing a waiter/waitress, etc. The breakfast buffet is fairly typical fare - very small pastry selection, pretty bad fresh fruit options (it was the middle of July and no summer fruit was served - just cantaloupe and melon). Buffet items weren't always hot and looked like they needed to be refreshed more often than they were (the restaurant was never crowded, so maybe the food sat there untouched too long). It was free, but if I had paid, breakfast for 4 would have been $100, which is way too much money for that place.

The spa is great - they have the normal treatments available as well as a "healing waters"-type experience with several mineral pools and rain showers. Very nice. Kind of an odd layout with the locker rooms upstairs, then you walk downstairs in the spa lobby in your robe to get to the mineral pools, but the experience itself was great.

Only other negative was that the hotel refused to honor my late checkout request as a Diamond member. They said that benefit was based upon availability, which may be true, but I've never had it declined anywhere else. Not a huge deal, but thought it was a little odd.

I saw a few people complaining about valet response time. We never had an issue with this - car was always brought up promptly. Valet staff was like everyone else there - polite, but not very friendly.

One thing that we were surprised by is that almost ALL of the restaurants in Beaver Creek village close EXACTLY at 9pm. We were ice skating on the rink and tried to go to the Italian place (Toscanini) at 9:01. Even though the restaurant was 3/4 full of diners, they refused to seat us as they said they had closed at 9pm. Got the same response from almost all other restaurants in the village. This isn't any fault of the Hyatt, but travelers to the area should be aware if you are a late-night diner (I think they close at 10 during the ski season).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!