“Magnificent property” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Norman, Oklahoma
“Magnificent property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

There were lots of dogs as the reviewer mentioned below; however, ALL dogs were well-mannered and none of them stunk, nor did any part of the property stink. The reviewer below was obviously upset with their lack of congratulatory amenities and were angry about everyone else's happiness. It was pure joy seeing these happy pets! Not only that, but these guests pay $100 more to have their pets here. If anything, this resort was a huge child day care, but so what? It was a joy seeing families spending time together---
including with their pets. It was a truly extraordinary experience. The food was exquisite. The service was superb. The resort was absolutely magical. ALL of the guests we encountered seemed to share the same sentiment. This was my favorite Hyatt!

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in July as we explored Vail/Beaver Creek. Our original plan was to stay 4 nights, but a horrific thunderstorm delayed our arrival and meant we had to spend our original first night in Denver rather than Beaver Creek. Even though we were past cancellation time when we called, Maya at the front desk was great about waiving the cancellation fee and just told us to be safe and get there when we could.

When we arrived the next day, checkin was prompt and friendly. The hotel public areas are beautiful, and there are plenty of close-by activities for families and kids. The lift is apparently being renovated for the 2015 world championships, so if you want to take a lift to the top of the mountain this summer, you'll need to go to Vail (~ 20 minute drive). No big deal for us as we wanted to see Vail anyway. Otherwise, the hotel location is pretty ideal. The ski lift is literally right out the back door of the property, there is a nice walk that takes you down along to Beaver Creek village and past a few kiddie activities (climbing wall, bungee trampoline, etc.).

Staff was all very polite and efficient, but not always overly friendly. There's nothing I'm complaining about here exactly, because everyone is happy to help and polite, but everywhere else we went in Colorado, people were overwhelmingly friendly and helpful. The Hyatt staff is very polite, but not particularly "warm." It also seems that they may import much of their staff (particularly restaurant staff) from outside the area, so there isn't always a ton of local knowledge, which is a bit disappointing. I realize large hotel chains probably need to move people around to different properties for training, but there should be a blend of locals and non.

The rooms were very nice. Beds extremely comfortable. The rooms had a small mini-fridge in them, which was great. Bathrooms were fine, not particularly large for a Park Hyatt property, but the amenities were very nice. I will say that, while well maintained, the decor is getting a bit dated looking. Probably getting close to time for a refresh here.

Only real negative here was the restaurant. There is no Regency Club at this hotel, so as a Diamond member, we were comp'd breakfast in the hotel restaurant daily. Again, the staff was polite, but service was pretty hit and miss, with coffee refills not being served, going a LONG time before seeing a waiter/waitress, etc. The breakfast buffet is fairly typical fare - very small pastry selection, pretty bad fresh fruit options (it was the middle of July and no summer fruit was served - just cantaloupe and melon). Buffet items weren't always hot and looked like they needed to be refreshed more often than they were (the restaurant was never crowded, so maybe the food sat there untouched too long). It was free, but if I had paid, breakfast for 4 would have been $100, which is way too much money for that place.

The spa is great - they have the normal treatments available as well as a "healing waters"-type experience with several mineral pools and rain showers. Very nice. Kind of an odd layout with the locker rooms upstairs, then you walk downstairs in the spa lobby in your robe to get to the mineral pools, but the experience itself was great.

Only other negative was that the hotel refused to honor my late checkout request as a Diamond member. They said that benefit was based upon availability, which may be true, but I've never had it declined anywhere else. Not a huge deal, but thought it was a little odd.

I saw a few people complaining about valet response time. We never had an issue with this - car was always brought up promptly. Valet staff was like everyone else there - polite, but not very friendly.

One thing that we were surprised by is that almost ALL of the restaurants in Beaver Creek village close EXACTLY at 9pm. We were ice skating on the rink and tried to go to the Italian place (Toscanini) at 9:01. Even though the restaurant was 3/4 full of diners, they refused to seat us as they said they had closed at 9pm. Got the same response from almost all other restaurants in the village. This isn't any fault of the Hyatt, but travelers to the area should be aware if you are a late-night diner (I think they close at 10 during the ski season).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I'm a loyal Hyatt customer and I was expecting a lot more from a Park Hyatt. This was the worst one I've stayed at. The good: the exterior of the property was very nice, and the location excellent. I had a beautiful view from my room. Generally my customer service experiences were also good. I really loved the game room, and the spa was decent. Dinah in guest services was amazing. Kudos to her for her exemplary customer service and attention to detail. The lobby of the hotel was also stunning . The bad: my room needed a serious update. It was totally average and uninspired. The bathroom, the furnishings etc were all very average and not fitting for a Park Hyatt. The room was also very small and the hallways to the rooms were not clean (dirty carpet etc). Also a tip on the spa, why are the two levels not connected except for an elevator in the spa lobby? Weird. I had to exit the men's locker-room and step into the lobby area unexposed to make it back downstairs to the spa. Lastly the valet, although very nice, was very slow. I waited up to 30mins to get my car. The Valet staff were all professional and apologetic; the fault in my opinion is poor staffing on the part of management. Also the beaver creek shuttle is unreliable and not timely. Two thumbs down for the shuttle, why bother hyatt? Take a tip from the properties up in Aspen that have their own shuttles.

Stayed August 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We're regulars at the Park Hyatt but have noticed a shift in attention to detail, more notably during our last 2 stays. Room cleanliness (especially the bathrooms) is remarkably bad despite mentioning this on repeated Hyatt surveys. Maybe they don't read them? We've resorted to traveling with Lysol wipes/bathroom cleaner as we do love many things about this property, esp. the location.
Last weekend, we checked in with my in-laws who had traveled from Minnesota to be with us so we could all celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. Kind of a big deal. This was noted on their reservation well in advance. At check-in, no one even said "Congrats" to them despite me again mentioning at check-in as to why we were there that weekend. I surely would have ordered an amenity myself for them had I know there would be nothing to welcome them in their room.
We also had to wait a really, really LONG (and awkward) time at the desk (without much information as to why) for our room assignment while the computers ran slowly at check-in (truly not their fault).
But about 15 minutes into my wait (no, really), a gentleman standing next to me (waiting 1/3 the time I was standing there) was immediately offered a comp on all his resort fees! I was kind of shocked -- and felt a little embarrassed for our agent (Brittany) who didn't handle the long wait very well even after she heard a manager comp the guy standing right next to us...and then cruised right past any attempt to note a big celebration for our family (we were also celebrating my husband's military retirement and 2 birthdays). So, if you're going for something special, call the concierge ahead of your arrival to order your special amenities as Hyatt doesn't recognize special events. Wish I'd done that!
Our biggest concern is the dog population - their website specifically state their rules for pets (no more than 2, with a weight limit) which almost every guest we encountered with pets last weekend flagrantly ignored. It was almost laughable the size of dogs cruising around the hotel. Some look more like small horses. The elevators/halls stunk of wet dog all weekend - it almost felt like a pet convention...which is fine if you're a dog lover. If you have pet allergies, not so much. Our in-laws kind of joked about it all weekend, but again I was embarrassed. I realize & appreciate fully that the staff here bends over backwards to accommodate guests, but with these continual issues, we're considering other properties for future stays.
Lastly, only analog tv - nothing digital and very few channels. Seems like maybe their cable TV has pooped out or something because neither us or our in-laws could get current programming. Not a big deal if you're there to hike/ski, which we usually do, but if you have little kids who need Disney channel, bring your ipad.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

A great place for family - so many things for children [pool and games and activities and smores at night and ice rink outside]
The room was big -- the bed so comfortable - the bathroom well appointed
Staff were great - the valet parked car came in minutes!

Green Features: up to speed on most things e.g towels not wasted daily - sheets not wasted daily
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We live in Colorado Springs and love staying at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek for a romantic little getaway! This mountain retreat is beautiful & you won't find better service anywhere! The moment we arrived, we felt welcomed and were quickly checked in. We were celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary the beginning of August and were pleasantly surprised to find a bottle of wine & chocolate, with a very nice note when we entered our room.
We always look forward to the complimentary s'mores kit and meeting new people around the fire pit while roasting our marshmallows! Such a fun time for kids and adults, after all, who doesn't like roasting marshmallows and making s'mores?
There are a variety of activities to take part of, something for everyone, all year long!
The concierge desk is always very helpful. I have some dietary issues, and they were able to recommend some restaurants that would meet my needs.
Also, each time we needed our car, the bellmen were quick to retrieve it for us. We found it convenient to call them from our room and by the time we got downstairs it was ready for us.

We always spend a day in Vail too. This trip we also visited the Betty Ford Alpine Gardens, just a short walk from Vail Village and definitely worth a visit! The gardens are exquisite! The day we visited there was a ballet taking place in the amphitheater. There is also a nice children's playground inside the park grounds. What a great place for a family picnic!

Room Tip: I honestly don't think you can choose a bad room!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Craig, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek for our 10 year anniversary. My only complaint was not knowing about the mandatory valet. No big deal, but had I known I would have been prepared with cash in hand. We were impressed the minute we arrived. Friendly, helpful staff. Upon check in the gal heard it was our anniversary and immediately gave us a free upgrade. We went from a standard King room to a King suite with a fireplace. GORGEOUS!!! Great few of the property facing the ski area. Of course we were visiting during off season, but I found this to be the best part. We roamed and explored the entire resort, which has a ton to offer in the way of seating areas, fireplaces, ping pong table. My husband especially loved the fruit fused water throughout the resort. There is also a weight room and a beautiful spa, neither of which we used. The resort is perfectly located to explore the shops, restaurants, bars, ice skating (yes even in June). At night there are several fire pits throughout the Beaver Creek area including our resort who also offers for purchase s'more supplies. We did use one of the five hot tubs they had in the pool area. We were the only ones in it that evening and couldn't believe it. Perfect temp on a cool night. We did notice other activities on the property such as bags games and other games for kids. Not sure if these were part of the resort or not but sure looked like everyone was having a great time. I would recommend this resort to anyone. Whether its for a romantic get away or even a place to take your whole family.

Room Tip: Let them know if you are there for a special occasion.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!