“Spot on” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Spot on”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

The hotel is great and so are the residences attached I have stayed at both. The location is slope side right on top of the lifts so no walking to do . The ski concierge is excellent so no carrying skis and poles about and the spa is the best I have ever been to . The food in the hotel is excellent both for breakfast and dinner furthermore the hotel village side location is right in the middle of all the shops and places to eat. Beaver creek is charming and the skiing excellent , the resort is intimate and just pure class and if thats not enough Vail is a 15 minute drive and is just epic. In short I cannot fault Beaver Creek or the Hyatt.

Room Tip: any slope side room or a residence if you are a family rather than a couple.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I visited beaver creek for fly fishing and stayed at the park Hyatt. It is a beautiful facility with nice rooms. King bed, spotty wifi, nice amenities in the bath - shampoo, gel, conditioner, cream, q-tips, cotton balls. We were comfortable. The reason why I do not give it 5 stars as when we arrived we were told it is $20/day to valet park our car. No choice on that. Also, $25/day for water bottles in our room each day. ??? We were not happy about these two items and asked that they be removed. They accommodated us with a credit. Beware.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Daria V, Manager at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns regarding your recent stay at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek.

We are delighted to hear that you found our accommodations comfortable and you enjoyed our service and amenities.

Please accept my most sincere apology for failing to fully describe the amenities included in your resort fee at check in.

Our $25 daily resort fee includes high speed internet access, the smores kits for the smores happy hour, the bottle of water in the room, local and 1800 phone calls from your room and access to the Spa’s steam room and sauna.

We truly hope that this information is helpful and we will be sure to utilize your feedback to improve our check in experience.

Colleyville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The rooms are super and the hotel service polite and professional. The hotel restaurant/bar is one of the best in the valley and our top recommendation. Staff is always friendly and will help with whatever you need/want.

Room Tip: Get a mountain view and top floor if possible.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was our 4th visit to this hotel, and we kept extending our stay - we cannot get enough of the charm, the stellar service, the trails, the relaxing main lobby area and the expansive breakfast buffet. The setting of this hotel is absolutely perfect, right next to the mountain and in the center of Beaver Creek Village.

Our stay started out great at check-in with the assistance of Maya and Ryan at the front desk in meeting all of our needs. The hotel is very pet friendly, and we appreciated our dog, Jake being welcomed, even from the General Manager. He's a great hands-on manager as we saw him speaking with guests several times during our stay. Every morning, we were served breakfast by Andrew who added a lot of information to our trip and was very accommodating to our vegetarian needs.

There are many things we like about this hotel - abundant and cozy public spaces, the views of the mountains in the lobby, the excellent food, the spa, the friendly staff. Many outside seating options including the restaurant, smores each night sitting on an Adirondack chair around a fire, and a balcony off the room (wish the balcony had chairs)..

The renovation this fall can only make this resort even better. We look forward to returning next year!

Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We arrived at this hotel in the morning and I was checking to see where we could park until we could check in. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that they had a room ready for us as well as an upgraded room with a fireplace and view! All of this at 9:30 AM! The room was spacious, very clean, with a very comfortable bed and yes we used the fireplace in the mornings and evenings even in August. The location of the hotel was perfect for hiking, and great restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.

Manhattan Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Park Hyatt is super clean, and the staff is over the top friendly. I really mean friendly staff!

I had a few issues arise during my stay that really made me question why I was spending $200 a night on a slow Sunday night.

First - Why no HDTV? Come on! You would have had me hooked with at least 2 movies had your service actually be HD. The picture is terrible and should he High def in 2013.

Second - Send maintenance to 4080. The shower head sprays water all over the bathroom! One strip of plumbers tape would stop this issue. Nothing like turning on the shower and getting sprayed in the face with cold water. No need for coffee, that woke me right up.

Third - I know your not a business hotel but why did I have to move furniture to find a plug to charge my phone? There was no plug on the desk or either nightstand to make things easier for me. Instead I had to move a chair and a lamp to get to the only plug I could find.

It really is a nice stay, a beautiful hotel and amazing service. The little things just bug the heck out of me which a high quality level hotel like this can fix.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Daria V, Manager at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek and our staff demonstrated the genuine warm hospitality that Hyatt is well known for. Thank you for your kind compliments about our staff and the service received.

We want to be more than just a resort, we truly want you to feel at home with us on each and every stay.

Please accept my most sincere apology for failing to fully meet your needs and expectations with the quality of our accommodations. We take your suggestions and concerns with the highest regard and our Management Team is working to address them immediately.

We truly wish to have a new opportunity to prepare your next stay at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek and I will personally ensure that every aspect of your stay is flawless.

Please contact me personally for a complementary upgrade for you to experience the comfort of our fresh new rooms once our renovation is complete.

I look forward to serving you again in the future.

Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked at this hotel for our Honeymoon because of the reputation of other Hyatt's.....we figured we'd be getting a really high quality place for an off-season price. Thank goodness we didn't stay here during ski season when prices were $600/night or more.

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek is very family/kid friendly- which would be fine if you were able to have peace and quiet in your room. The rooms themselves lack any sound proofing whatsoever.... so you can literally hear your neighbors above you, next to you and in the hallway around the clock....talking, walking, flushing the toilet, babies crying, kids running and screaming in the hallway until all hours of the night- it feels like you have no privacy because you can hear every little noise from your room.

Housekeeping was okay- our room appeared very clean when we arrived, but during the 3 days we stayed, housekeeping did not replace our coffee cups or give us more coffee & creamer- we had to call down for more. One day, housekeeping completely missed our room all together and we had to call down after 4pm for them to come clean our room- and even that you can tell was very hurried through.

Our room did have air conditioning, however it didn't seem to cool things down much at all- it was very hot to sleep at the end of August with the heat.....we could have opened the balcony doors to cool off- but the noise from the people outside was too loud. The $17.00 hamburger had no flavor, but the fries were great! The drink/food service by the pool was outstanding and the ping pong tables and s'mores happy hour is really fun!

I will say that after reading other negative reviews, the hotel has corrected all complaints from previous reviewers, which I think says a lot. Also, the staff in both the hotel and the restaurant were beyond friendly and helpful. We chose this Resort because of the location- which you can't beat.....we were up for Oktoberfest, and the Bier Garden was literally 10 feet away, so when we were done for the day, it was so nice to be able to walk a few feet and be back to our room.

The entire property is beautiful, and the rooms are very cozy. If it wasn't for the noise we would likely be back, but until the rooms are quieter I'm afraid I just can't pay that much money for no sleep.

I have learned that the Hyatt in Beaver creek will be undergoing major renovations in the next month or so- hopefully those renovations will include sound proofing the rooms.

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for providing us with such detailed and valuable feedback regarding your experience at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek.

We feel it as a great privilege that you would choose our property for your honeymoon and we truly wish to continue to be your property of choice here at Beaver Creek.

We are sad to learn about the noise disturbances that you have experienced during your stay which caused you to have a not so pleasant and restful stay.

Please accept our most sincere apology for failing to meet your housekeeping needs during your stay and for not replenishing your amenities on a daily basis.

We take your recommendations with the highest regard and we will address the sound proofing concerns during our full room renovation.

We sincerely hope that you will give our property another opportunity once the renovation is complete and should you contact me personally, it would be a pleasure to extend a complementary upgrade on your next stay.I am confident that you would have a memorable stay.

I look forward to serving you again in the future.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Been to Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!