“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Boulder, Colorado
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We arrived at this hotel in the morning and I was checking to see where we could park until we could check in. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that they had a room ready for us as well as an upgraded room with a fireplace and view! All of this at 9:30 AM! The room was spacious, very clean, with a very comfortable bed and yes we used the fireplace in the mornings and evenings even in August. The location of the hotel was perfect for hiking, and great restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.

458 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Manhattan Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Park Hyatt is super clean, and the staff is over the top friendly. I really mean friendly staff!

I had a few issues arise during my stay that really made me question why I was spending $200 a night on a slow Sunday night.

First - Why no HDTV? Come on! You would have had me hooked with at least 2 movies had your service actually be HD. The picture is terrible and should he High def in 2013.

Second - Send maintenance to 4080. The shower head sprays water all over the bathroom! One strip of plumbers tape would stop this issue. Nothing like turning on the shower and getting sprayed in the face with cold water. No need for coffee, that woke me right up.

Third - I know your not a business hotel but why did I have to move furniture to find a plug to charge my phone? There was no plug on the desk or either nightstand to make things easier for me. Instead I had to move a chair and a lamp to get to the only plug I could find.

It really is a nice stay, a beautiful hotel and amazing service. The little things just bug the heck out of me which a high quality level hotel like this can fix.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Daria V, Manager at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek and our staff demonstrated the genuine warm hospitality that Hyatt is well known for. Thank you for your kind compliments about our staff and the service received.

We want to be more than just a resort, we truly want you to feel at home with us on each and every stay.

Please accept my most sincere apology for failing to fully meet your needs and expectations with the quality of our accommodations. We take your suggestions and concerns with the highest regard and our Management Team is working to address them immediately.

We truly wish to have a new opportunity to prepare your next stay at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek and I will personally ensure that every aspect of your stay is flawless.

Please contact me personally for a complementary upgrade for you to experience the comfort of our fresh new rooms once our renovation is complete.

I look forward to serving you again in the future.

Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked at this hotel for our Honeymoon because of the reputation of other Hyatt's.....we figured we'd be getting a really high quality place for an off-season price. Thank goodness we didn't stay here during ski season when prices were $600/night or more.

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek is very family/kid friendly- which would be fine if you were able to have peace and quiet in your room. The rooms themselves lack any sound proofing whatsoever.... so you can literally hear your neighbors above you, next to you and in the hallway around the clock....talking, walking, flushing the toilet, babies crying, kids running and screaming in the hallway until all hours of the night- it feels like you have no privacy because you can hear every little noise from your room.

Housekeeping was okay- our room appeared very clean when we arrived, but during the 3 days we stayed, housekeeping did not replace our coffee cups or give us more coffee & creamer- we had to call down for more. One day, housekeeping completely missed our room all together and we had to call down after 4pm for them to come clean our room- and even that you can tell was very hurried through.

Our room did have air conditioning, however it didn't seem to cool things down much at all- it was very hot to sleep at the end of August with the heat.....we could have opened the balcony doors to cool off- but the noise from the people outside was too loud. The $17.00 hamburger had no flavor, but the fries were great! The drink/food service by the pool was outstanding and the ping pong tables and s'mores happy hour is really fun!

I will say that after reading other negative reviews, the hotel has corrected all complaints from previous reviewers, which I think says a lot. Also, the staff in both the hotel and the restaurant were beyond friendly and helpful. We chose this Resort because of the location- which you can't beat.....we were up for Oktoberfest, and the Bier Garden was literally 10 feet away, so when we were done for the day, it was so nice to be able to walk a few feet and be back to our room.

The entire property is beautiful, and the rooms are very cozy. If it wasn't for the noise we would likely be back, but until the rooms are quieter I'm afraid I just can't pay that much money for no sleep.

I have learned that the Hyatt in Beaver creek will be undergoing major renovations in the next month or so- hopefully those renovations will include sound proofing the rooms.

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for providing us with such detailed and valuable feedback regarding your experience at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek.

We feel it as a great privilege that you would choose our property for your honeymoon and we truly wish to continue to be your property of choice here at Beaver Creek.

We are sad to learn about the noise disturbances that you have experienced during your stay which caused you to have a not so pleasant and restful stay.

Please accept our most sincere apology for failing to meet your housekeeping needs during your stay and for not replenishing your amenities on a daily basis.

We take your recommendations with the highest regard and we will address the sound proofing concerns during our full room renovation.

We sincerely hope that you will give our property another opportunity once the renovation is complete and should you contact me personally, it would be a pleasure to extend a complementary upgrade on your next stay.I am confident that you would have a memorable stay.

I look forward to serving you again in the future.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Excellent dining experience; delicious food, top notch service and prompt seating. Lots of activities for grandchildren - marsh mellow roast, horse shoes, rock wall climbing, etc. Prices were affordable. General Manager came to our table and introduced himself.

Room Tip: Contact front desk staff
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from the Beaver Creek Hyatt. Had a wonderful stay except for a minor housekeeping issue. We decided to take a nap prior to dinner and upon turning down the bed we found the sheets had not been changed. YUCK! I called the front desk, then housekeeping came and made a quick change with clean sheets. Our room was large with a great view and a door we could leave open. Summer or winter this is a great hotel and great location. Ryan and Matthew at the Front Desk were very helpful and deserve kudos for providing great service. The bar staff even went into the market and got milk and cookies late at night. I deducted a star due to the housekeeping issue.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Daria V, Manager at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback regarding your experience at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek.

Thank you also for mentioning specific team members that demonstrated our genuine Hyatt hospitality.

It has been a pleasure having you and we truly wish to continue to be your property of choice here at Beaver Creek.

I was very embarrassed to learn about the housekeeping incident that you have experienced during your stay with your sheets not being changed. I would like to reassure you that this is not typical as we hold our Housekeeping staff at very high standards.

Please allow me to extend a special courtesy of a complementary upgrade with breakfast included on your future stay at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek.

I look forward to welcoming you back!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a 3-day work conference, and it was amazing! Beautiful rooms, tons of amenities, we were truly amazed. Nice access to hiking trails, and you're at the foot of the mountain. The firepit with smores is a neat touch, and the property is huge. Perfect for couples or families.

denver, co
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed here for a conference for two nights in August and it was ok. It has a nice lodge feel which would be nice and cozy in the winter. The hotel is well maintained and has nice facilities, especially the spa and gym.

We were disappointed with our room that faced the mountain. It would seem that it would be nice to open the door and have nice mountain air and the view, but the restaurant is right below you and there was basically no privacy. We had to sleep with the door and windows shut due to the noise from the people outside at the restaurant and bar.

Service was not what I would expect at this level "resort." We checked in late and the bellhop left our luggage unattended in the lobby and disappeared. So we took the luggage up to our room ourselves. He then followed us and came to our room and told us that his manager "would have his head if he saw a guest taking their own luggage to their own room."

The $17 cheeseburger was tasty though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Daria V, Manager at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for your honest feedback regarding your recent stay at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek.
We sincerely apologize for your stay not being what you had expected particularly with the location of your Slope View room and with the level of service received during your stay.
I was very embarrassed to learn about your check in experience. We take your concerns and suggestions with the highest regard and our management team will address them immediately.
We sincerely wish to regain your trust in the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek and have a new opportunity to delight your stay. Should you return to our property, please contact me personally and it would be a privilege to personally prepare your arrival and select a secluded Slope View room for you and extend a special welcome amenity.
We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Been to Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!