“Everything we expected” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arvada, Colorado
“Everything we expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went to Beaver Creek to celebrate our 5 year wedding aniversary. We've wanted to go for a long time because we heard it was a wonderful place. To start, they were kind enough to upgrade for free to a slope side view. Our first evening, we came into a strawberry and champagne surprise that we thought was a very thoughtful touch.
The lobby / bartender (Shanna) was more than helpful and went above and beyond answering our questions about the area and hotel. The gym was amazing and the view was spectacular. Plenty of equipment.
The breakfast menu in the hotel restaurant was great. The buffet looked great but way more food that we could eat for the price. Plan on paying an additional $45 for hotel fees and parking. All in all a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Slope side 3rd floor or higher are the best.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

458 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Southcentral Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We want to travel all over the United States now that we are more or less retired. But we returned to Beaver Creek after a fabulous vacation last year around the same time! We are Floridians by choice because we do not like snow, so coming here during the off season gave us a GREAT rate and this time, we would hit it during peak season of the aspens changing colors. We used TravelZoo.com for the bargain rate!
Every day, we took an adventure not just in Beaver Creek but went to Aspen to see the leaves (and thanks to Trip Advisor, visited the Maroon Bells which was fabulous), drove to Steamboat Springs (we did not get such great tips for this trip), and took a hike to Mount Whitney, which was about an hour or so drive away and well worth it.
We came to hike and relax and this hotel gave us what we needed: lots of great hiking opportunities, a fabulous heated swimming pool and wonderful jacuzzi's - 5 to be exact...so you never had to share if you didn't want to.
The only reason we did not give this a 5 is that in a 5-star resort, you assume your hotel room will also have a few basics for guests who stay more than one night. We did not have a coffee maker or microwave. We really like to make our own breakfast so we had to improvise. We did have a small refridgerator, but no freezer.
They also have very limited TV channels, encouraging you to just "buy" movies. We just refuse to buy that type of entertainment! We feel it is too high priced when you can use the Redbox and only pay $1 as that is about all we feel a movie is worth! That is just us.
We had selected a room that would view the courtyard. It was not ready when we arrived but they said they had another great room with a better view. We were ready to get settled in so we took it. The walk to the room was very long as this is a huge hotel. I do have to watch how far I walk on manmade surfaces - it bothers my knees. So I learned to now ask, how far will the room be from the elevator?

Room Tip: The only reason we gave our room an average score was we missed a coffee maker and microwave! Other...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My daughter and I bought a day-pass for this wonderful Aqua Sanitas water sanctuary and outdoor pool.
The staff was very nice, the decor lovely and the water pools so relaxing! For a great place to unwind, relax and rejuvenate - this is the place to go.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Deer Park, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We traveled during the summer to escape the Texas heat and absolutely loved the area. It is beautiful and there is so much to do if you are sports oriented. And if you aren't, well you can shop or just take in the beautiful scenery. We loved all the hiking choices available. The resort itself has great rooms and the restaurant is good. The Allegra Spa is top notch also. There are tons of other restaurants and shopping within walking distance. Once you arrive you can forget about your car if you want. We did!

• Stayed June 2012
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I recently had an opportunity to stay at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek on a visit through the Denver area. I've been a very happy Hyatt customer overall, and this was my first ever reservation at a Park Hyatt property so I was looking forward to the stay. I expected a superior experience, but was very disheartened overall.

Most notably:

- Amenities were missing in the bathroom
- Twice daily housekeeping service never occurred - not even once
- I ordered a fairly expensive room service option (chicken salad sandwich), only to get large pieces of bread with little to no actual salad. For $60, I expect full sandwiches.

I brought up these issues to the front desk person, but there was no immediate resolution. I have also tried contacting the property directly, and after three times have yet to receive a response.

I'm disappointed that my first Park Hyatt experience ended up this way, and would encourage future visitors to confirm everything upon arrival.

Room Tip: Make sure to check in early
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Marc_Schneider, Manager at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Rbakken,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your stay in July. I certainly understand your level of frustration with the lack of service and furthermore the fact that after numerous attempts you had not received a response from the Hotel. I am truly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. This not typical of the service levels here at the Resort. Please know that I am personally following up to ensure that this situation does not repeat it'self. I would certainly like to have the opportunity to apologize to you further and as such I will attempt to contact you off-line. I am hopeful that your first Park experience will not be your last as we do hope to serve you again in the near future.

Marc Schneider
Rooms Executive
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort & Spa
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was our second time back to the Park Hyatt. The feel of this resort is very warm and comfortable. We appreciated the variety of public space especially the library. The room was very quiet, great views, and good service. The location, next to trails and the Village can't be beat. We brought our little dog and the staff is very accommodating to dogs. The staff was very accommodating to our vegetarian and gluten-free dietary needs. The overall experience was wonderful. The only downside is the extra fees during your stay - valet, spa fee and resort fee. The spa was nothing over the top. Been to better ones at other Hyatt Resorts. No options to avoid these fees. We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here for 3 days, 2 nights in July to celebrate my birthday. We had a great room, a 800 sq. ft. suite on the top floor. Beautiful room with views of the mountains. Where the property falls short is the day spa. I went to my massage appointment and sat in the waiting area...and waited and waited...watching everyone else get picked up. Finally it was just me in the waiting room, 20 minutes later. I went down to the reception desk and the person they booked me with wasn't even scheduled to work that day. So they had me wait longer so they could scramble around and find someone to give me a massage. To their credit they did give me a 15% discount for the error. THEN later on that day I brought my daughter to the day spa store to purchase something, and we were completely ignored by the staff at the gift store...it felt like a scene from Pretty Woman - I wanted to shout "I have money to spend!" The property was a whirl of weddings, reunions and everything in between. My suggestion is that if you are looking for a relaxing vacation - don't go to this property, unless you want to be run over by a bride or ignored by staff because they are so busy.

Room Tip: Because of the location of this property - it is very busy. Try and get a suite on one of the top f...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!