“Appreciate Pet Friendly Park Hyatt Beaver Creek!” 5 of 5 stars

Ski & Stay 3rd Night Free
Ranked #4 of 21 hotels in Beaver Creek
GreenLeadersBronze level
Austin, TX
“Appreciate Pet Friendly Park Hyatt Beaver Creek!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was our second time back to the Park Hyatt. The feel of this resort is very warm and comfortable. We appreciated the variety of public space especially the library. The room was very quiet, great views, and good service. The location, next to trails and the Village can't be beat. We brought our little dog and the staff is very accommodating to dogs. The staff was very accommodating to our vegetarian and gluten-free dietary needs. The overall experience was wonderful. The only downside is the extra fees during your stay - valet, spa fee and resort fee. The spa was nothing over the top. Been to better ones at other Hyatt Resorts. No options to avoid these fees. We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

444 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here for 3 days, 2 nights in July to celebrate my birthday. We had a great room, a 800 sq. ft. suite on the top floor. Beautiful room with views of the mountains. Where the property falls short is the day spa. I went to my massage appointment and sat in the waiting area...and waited and waited...watching everyone else get picked up. Finally it was just me in the waiting room, 20 minutes later. I went down to the reception desk and the person they booked me with wasn't even scheduled to work that day. So they had me wait longer so they could scramble around and find someone to give me a massage. To their credit they did give me a 15% discount for the error. THEN later on that day I brought my daughter to the day spa store to purchase something, and we were completely ignored by the staff at the gift store...it felt like a scene from Pretty Woman - I wanted to shout "I have money to spend!" The property was a whirl of weddings, reunions and everything in between. My suggestion is that if you are looking for a relaxing vacation - don't go to this property, unless you want to be run over by a bride or ignored by staff because they are so busy.

Room Tip: Because of the location of this property - it is very busy. Try and get a suite on one of the top f...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

What an amazing stay! Hotel is beautiful, service was awesome and the views outstanding. I'm also in the hotel industry so am highly conscience of the "little extras" and this hotel did not dissapoint. Service staff was welcoming and courteous but not overwhelming. Service in the outlets was obviously well trained and consistent. But I have to compliment the wonderful conceigere staff. When we asked about reservations for a "romantic dinner" they had all the answers; menu's, helpful comments and once she realized it was my 50th birthday - sent up a bottle of champagne and strawberries! Thank you Park Hyatt Beaver Creek for a wonderful start to my 50's!

Room Tip: Any room facing the mountian is great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Be sure to confirm room rate with taxes and fees. There is a $25 resort fee and $25 valet fee. Both are able to be discounted--even saw a woman get hers comped-- Valet service is mandatory unless you use public parking during day and walk from shops (may not have overnight parking there) or use Avon parking lots and shuttle service up the hill. The lobby is lovely but carpet in halls seemed dirty, sitting chair in room was dirty with mismatched ottoman. Beds were soft and clean. Bathroom was okay, little dingy. I would have liked more info at check in to know what was included in the "resort fee", where the pool and spa were located, what activities for kids were available and how to best utilize my time there. I did ask the concierge a couple questions but they were not there most of the time and I just needed to go to the front desk---which was of course busy.

Room Tip: Ask for Village side or mountain side view. Be sure to ask if discounted suites are available. Ask...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Davenport, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Rooms seemed reasonable at first but there is an added resort fee daily $25. Parking was another $21 a day(expected). There is a Beaver Creek assessment on your stay as well as the CO taxes. One of the amenities included in the resort fee is internet service in your room and when you login you are encouraged to sign up for a faster service at 8.95 more a day. I used the basic service and it was fine for my room. I was given an upgraded room on a corner of the building overlooking the square, it had a great view but due to Octoberfest and a 2 hour concert of very loud rock music that ran Sat and Sun from 11-7PM I had to get out of my room after 4PM and wait somewhere for the conclusion.
Upon entering, the room was very clean. The shower was a disappointment it is just a regular sized slippery tub with a shower head that adjusted a bit. Servicing of my room was only fair the first day but good the second. The easy chair was quite worn out and going threadbare on the arms. Nice TV and station for connecting your laptop and other personal electronics. Don't forget your HDMI cable as they don't have those for loan but you can rent one from the business center.
I used the spa twice and the service technicians were excellent. It was clean and well serviced all day. I escaped to the spa on Sunday to avoid the din of the Rock Concert. I like rock music but it was louder that the Octoberfest band by a significant amount even with the windows closed.
Breakfast was included in my stay and they were quite good. Many staff members in the dining room are not native english speaking persons. I asked for 2% milk for my coffee and got steamed milk which I actually like. Very accustomed to this in Germany and Switzerland when I travel. I had dinner in the restaurant only once and found the menu very limited. Very few sides available with your meal and very pricey. Basil infused creamed corn is not a vegetable. There were no potatoes on the dinner menu.
Labor day was a busy check-out day, so breakfast was a mob scene and the lobby tables were dirty as well as the lobby restrooms near the check-in area. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt here as most of their personnel were probably cleaning rooms. Also, the last day at Breakfast I never saw a waiter or waitress. A young lady, bus person/helper, took care of me. Her tag said Berry and she was very nice. When I asked for my check she had to get a waitress to make it up.Cudos to the bell staff, they were great. Check-in was ok but I would have liked more hotel information.
For all of the reasons above this was only an average hotel and stay. Compared with other Hyatt's not what I would expect!

Room Tip: Find out if a big event is scheduled before you go if you want quiet. They may have other rooms that...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed in a king room this past week. Nicely appointed room with comfy bed and pretty bath. I imagine each room is similar, but since we booked our room through hotwire we were given a room at the end of the hallway which was literally a 5 minute walk, and we had a view of the road. That being said, the location of the property couldn't be beat, as right out the door was the village and the mountain. Awesome gym with great views. The valet and bellman truly impressed but really didn't have much interaction with anyone else.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed for two nights, celebrating our wedding anniversary...... my husband and I absolutely loved the place! Can't find a negative thing to say. The resort was top notch, every little detail was beautiful! The staff was very helpful and courteous. Can not wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!