“Beautiful ride” 4 of 5 stars

Norwalk, Iowa
10 attraction reviews
“Beautiful ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My daughter wanted a chance to do a horseback ride during our vacation in Avon, so I booked a two-hour afternoon ride for us with Beaver Creek Stables on 7/16. After a quick introduction and handing out rain slickers due to some light showers, we saddled up and headed out.

The trail you ride takes you up and around the east side of the main resort area, passing through some beautiful aspen glades, with the ultimate destination being a high ridge with some great views of the area.

On our ride, a young girl riding with us kept having trouble getting things in her eyes. Our guide Katelyn(?) radioed back to the stable to arrange for some eye drops for her, which I thought was good service.

Unfortunately, we didn't make it all the way to the top on our ride because of some lightning close by -- safety concerns had us returning to the stables somewhat ahead of schedule. My daughter and I would love to go again, but would definitely choose a morning ride if there were any threat of
inclement weather.

Visited July 2012

Houston, Texas
21 attraction reviews
“Horse ride to Beaver Lake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

It was much easier to ride than walk. Beaver Lake is a small lake that is very serene. We hiked around the lake and enjoyed the ride back down.

Visited July 2012
kansas
6 attraction reviews
“Horseback Riding Must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

My daughter, her friend and I went on a two hour trail ride May 29th. Our guide Danielle was wonderful. She was friendly, informative and always looked out for the riders. We traveled up to about 9800 ft. The views were breathtaking. The horses were well trained but you still had to watch what you were doing since some of the trails took you along the side of the mountains. This was the highlight of our trip to Vail/Beaver Creek area. Thank you to the stables and everyone for making this so much fun for everyone!!

Visited May 2012
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
“we love beaver creek stables”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

went on three rides during our summer trip - a one hour, a three hour "picnic" and a six hour "up to beaver lake"....i have one son who rides and two who don't - everyone was comfortable. the horses are well trained and sure footed. the wranglers are safety conscious and very competent. they views are amazing...the picnic trip and trip up to beaver lake are so picturesque! don't miss it!

Visited July 2011
New York
“Great Patience With Beginner Riders”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

Hats off to Beaver Creek Stables. My 8 year old daughter and I took a one-hour ride/walk. My daughter never had been on a horse before. She was so excited to go, but when she was put on the horse, it was obvious that she became terrified. That being said, our guide, Nicole, was amazing. She made sure my daughter was right behind her in line and talked with her throughout our ride. My daughter developed so much confidence, that after the ride, she was trying to teach my younger daughter how to ride.

It was a great day. Thanks, Beaver Creek Stables and Nicole.

Visited September 2011