“Fabulous Rooms at Reasonable Price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Mountain Vista Villas, Avon / Vail Valley

You added Sheraton Mountain Vista Villas, Avon / Vail Valley to your Saves list
Sheraton Mountain Vista Villas, Avon / Vail Valley
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   160 W Beaver Creek Blvd, Beaver Creek, CO 81620 (Formerly Sheraton Mountain Vista Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Beaver Creek
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fabulous Rooms at Reasonable Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

My wife and I just spent three days at the Sheraton Mountain Vista Villas. Our suite was very spacious and well furnished. The hotel staff was very friendly. The concierge directed us to some great restaurants and hikes.

The hotel was lacking in some ways. There wasn't an on site restaurant. The room itself was a bit stuffy at night. I don't think the room had air conditioning. Standard check out time is quite early, only 10:00 AM, although they did extend our checkout to noon.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SMV_Manager, Manager at Sheraton Mountain Vista Villas, Avon / Vail Valley, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you very much for your review of our property. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and even happier you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. Each member of our staff strives to make every guest stay pleasant. Our resort like many others in the mountains do not have air conditioning we do have a fan in each of our villas, by placing the fan in front of the slightly cracked sliding glass door it can definitely provide cool air. We are pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate a later check out. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Pueblo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We are owners at the SMV but rarely stay there, and trade the property more than we stay there. On a rare stay this past month, I was reminded why we don't stay there much.

While the property itself is lovely, with large, clean rooms, nice pool and workout area, convenient cafe and sundries store, we have always found the staff to be lacking in some way. The staff is not consistently informed in the their policies, nor are they consistently pleasant.

Here is what happened: upon check-in, I was informed by a female desk clerk, that as a Gold SPG member, we would receive either a bottle of wine or 250 SPG points. We chose the points. When I inquired upon check-out when the points would show up, a different desk clerk (much surlier and unpleasant than the first) said "oh, no, that is not going to happen, because you are owners here."
We then asked if we could have the wine, and that was turned down too.

Listen, SMV, if you are going to make an offer at check-in, then honor it or re-train your employees so you have a consistent message. And don't act like a bully and treat owners poorly, because essentially- we are paying your salary. We were completely unimpressed with the customer service at SMV, which is different than what we usually experience at Starwood properties.

A complaint to the management has gone unanswered. Customer service at SMV? Not really.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
SMV_Manager, Manager at Sheraton Mountain Vista Villas, Avon / Vail Valley, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your vacation experience and your impressions of the Sheraton Mountain Vista. We are very sorry to hear that your experience was less than favorable. Please know your experience is the exception and not the rule. You may rest assured that your feedback has been shared with the Leadership team for appropriate follow-up. We wish to extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences and look forward to welcome you again to our resort, hopefully under brighter circumstances.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during our road trip from Colorado spring to Aspen and then to Denver. The hotel is conveniently located near I-70 and a few minutes drive to the Vail village. The room were great, clean and big with mountain views. The staff at the reception greeted us well and provided us with all the information we needed. We were short on time and needed some help in planning our 1 day trip to and from Aspen and this guy Matt gave us some excellent suggestions.
The stay would have been more pleasant if the kids in the room opposite to our room were a little more quieter at night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
SMV_Manager, Manager at Sheraton Mountain Vista Villas, Avon / Vail Valley, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in the service we provide our guests and it makes me happy to hear that we were able to help in making your stay with us memorable. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the noise level in the room. Thank you for choosing our property for your getaway and for writing this review. Guest feedback is very important to us. We hope to welcome you back on future visits to the Vail Valley
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Got a very nice (senior!?) rate out of season for a quick stay following a family visit in Denver. The springtime ride out/back to Avon was worth the price of admission, with the higher peaks still snow-capped. For another striking view, try the outdoor hot tub on the 7th floor. The room itself was quite spacious, with jacuzzi, large bathroom and full kitchen. Even a small balcony with a grill. The lighting in the rooms is somewhat tricky; they brighten gradually after switching on. We were pleased the concierge told us of a wonderful hike through the nature center on the other side of the interstate. Quick walk to get there and then up the mountain, with views again on the amazing side. Overall, a very nice off-season escape.

Room Tip: 8th floor premium quite nice and spacious
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing our property for you getaway and your important feedback. I am happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our resort and that you were able to take advantage of all the amenities we have to offer. The 7th floor outdoor hot tub is a definite must try. Like you mentioned the view from there is beautiful. I am extremely happy that our staff was able to assist in making your experience with us memorable. Thank you again for choosing our property for your vacation and we hope to welcome you back at our resort on future visits to the beautiful Vail Valley.
North Bethesda, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

First, let me say that this was an excellent place to stay. The rooms were well kept, the view was beautiful, and everyone was polite. My issues were with the service and professionalism immediately following the stay, which would make me reconsider staying there again. Upon arriving at the airport to depart (out of Denver), I realized that I may have left a memory key in my room. I immediately called the front desk, told the lady where I left it in the room, and she said she would check and call me back in a few minutes. She never returned my call (by the time I arrived home it was late, so had to wait until the next day to follow-up). I called back the next day, and the person who answered said there was a note to look out for it if it ended up in lost-and-found. I told her that I knew exactly where it was left, and that it was small and black, so someone may not see it in the dark room. That wasn't enough of a hint or clue for her, so I had to ask directly could she please check or ask the current guest to check (it would take a minute). She said that she would and would call me back. Nothing again. I called back again in a few hours, and no answer. She then calls me back a few minutes later (coincidence or caller ID?) and says she checked (although she didn't sound convincing and was laughing with friends in the background as if she was distracted). I sent an email to the general manager to make them aware of what I thought was not handled well, and didn't even receive a thank you or general reply. Overall, for the amount charged and it being a high tourist area, I was pretty surprised at the poor follow through on this issue. If someone leaves something behind that could be important to them and tells you where it was located, you would think common courtesy (as a human being) would be to put a little effort into it and check for that person. The staff didn't exhibit that courtesy without having to be asked several times (and then it is questionable whether it was really done at all). I would have liked to give this a higher rating, but something like this gets at the core of what a hotel should and shouldn't do for guests (and in this case, it was the latter).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
SMVHotelManager, General Manager at Sheraton Mountain Vista Villas, Avon / Vail Valley, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for saying the Sheraton is an excellent place to stay; we try hard to be a great hotel. As the General Manager please accept my sincere apology for our apparent callous lack of urgency in the matter with your memory key. Unfortunately, reading your comments here on Trip Advisor is the first I have heard of the situation. I am not sure what address you emailed; I even checked my junk folder (though I normally do anyway). I currently have 4 ladies at the desk, hoping to get some detail I spoke to each one of them personally, as well as their manager. Not one of them acknowledged any recall of your situation, and honestly I have no reason to believe otherwise. We have a great culture here and our associates have nothing to fear. We did have another female associate on our team, but she left our employment back in February. I do not know when you stayed, and not able to investigate any further without more details, specifically your name. I invite you to contact me personally or any one of our managers. As often as we are able we reunite items left behind with the guest who left it behind. I looked through our log for the past 2 months and do not see anything remotely similar to what you have described. Again, please accept my sincere apology for the poor experience.
Greeley, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

This was a great place to stay, my kids and grand kids came to visit and I found this condo. We all had plenty of room and it was very clean. The kids were entertained with the rec center across the street that we had access to. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
SMV_Manager, Manager at Sheraton Mountain Vista Villas, Avon / Vail Valley, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for the great review of our property. We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay and found your accomodations clean. We are glad that your family was able to take advantage of our amenities in our Game room located on the 8th floor. Hope to see you back real soon.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

This is always such a relaxing place to visit especially in the off season. The rooms are spacious depending on which size you select. You feel at home with a partial or full kitchen, washer and dryer and room galore for the entire family. This is a super stay.

• Stayed April 2014
SMV_Manager, Manager at Sheraton Mountain Vista Villas, Avon / Vail Valley, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank youi for you review on our property. We are pleased to hear that you enjpy coming in our off season to relax and that it feels like home to you. See you real soon.

Been to Sheraton Mountain Vista Villas, Avon / Vail Valley? Share your experiences!