“Great ski vacation!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26 Avondale Lane, Beaver Creek, CO 81620   |
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Beaver Creek
“Great ski vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We just stayed 6 nights at Beaver Creek Lodge and couldn't have been happier with our stay. Only a short walk and escalator ride to the slopes. Rooms were great and the entire staff was friendly and helpful. Highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2013
kevin s, General Manager at Beaver Creek Lodge, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. We look forward to having you back at the Beaver Creek Lodge. Next time you are here ask us about our secret access to the slopes, it gets you to a chair with no lift line and is within 15 yards of our front door.
See you soon !!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Salida, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I am remiss in not telling you immediately how much we enjoyed being so fabulously pampered in Beaver Creek. We took friends to dinner at Rocks (I'll beg for the calamari recipe!) and also breakfasted there on Sunday. It was absolutely outstanding. Across the board, the hospitality was first rate, and we are looking forward to our next trip to the Beaver Creek Lodge.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the review. The Grand Performers work extremely hard to provide the intuitive service that leads to experiences such as yours.
We look forward to having you back soon.
Auburn, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My wife and I recently visited Beaver Creek for a long birthday weekend together. This was our first trip to Beaver Creek. We're typically beach people, but thought we'd try the ski village thing out. The Lodge was nice and quaint. Service was great - they couldn't find my reservation the night before that I made via Priceline months earlier, but put me in system anyway until it was cleared up - which it was upon arrival.

Clean room with a bedroom and living area (fireplace). The kitchenette is a nice touch which is good for us if we bring our kids back with us. It had a coffee maker, sink, toaster, mini-fridge, wine glasses, etc. There's a market in the village where you can get small groceries/supplies. The bed was comfortable, too. There's a pullout sofa as well which means we could bring kids back and stay in same room. Overall - the stay at the lodge was great! Some reviews mention the windows in the room that look out into the hallway. We had those as most rooms do, but we just closed the blinds and that was fine. Really not an issue. The location of the lodge is literally in the village. And the guys at Christy's Sports (in the hotel) were very helpful on our rental needs. We were unprepaped for any snow activities because we were under the impression we could rent everything (not just skis or snowshoes, but clothing too). That's not the case at Beaver Creek...no where rented pants/jacket, etc. We had North Face jackets, but no waterproof pants. But fortunately, I got around to asking the right person (Tom in Guest Services' wife whose name I can't recall.) She directed us to a thrift store on Hwy 6 just 10 minutes away. We managed to get great brand name pants for about 50.00/each. Really saved our trip for us since we didn't want to spend 250.00/each for pants!

Food was good. There are pricey restaurants, but also some inexpensive pubs in the village. Blue Moose Pizza, The Dusty Boot and Coyote Cafe all reasonably priced. For breakfast - i recommend the Metropolitan.

Beaver Creak's Ski School is high-class. Very professional and we loved the Ski School for kids. We plan on taking ours back to there to learn. A bit humiliating watching 3-6 year olds fly by you on ski's when you can barely stand on them!

We stopped by Vail Village on the last day before heading to the airport and both my wife and I were glad we chose Beaver Creek. Vail seemed nice, but Beaver Creek seemed to offer more - especially for kids.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We are honored that you chose us for your families first ski trip and hope to be part of your travel plans for the future. The family events here at Beaver Creek far surpass those at other ski villages and we are the perfect location to experience all that Beaver Creek has to offer.
Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to having you back soon.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I know I've used that phrase before, but it's suiting to the property. They have sixteen condos with three to five bedrooms and 72 suites with one bedroom. I stayed in one of the suites and it was large and very comfortable. I never felt crowded and had a great view from the fourth floor. The furniture and bed were very comfortable and the large screen TV was great. I especially appreciated the fireplace after skiing all day. It was a nice setup in the living & dining area, in that they had a microwave oven, toaster , coffee maker and fridge/freezer there. I did one frozen breakfast and one frozen dinner there when I felt too tired to go anywhere. It really is the finest luxury accommodations I've ever stayed in at a ski resort. And they have all the other amenities you'd expect to find like an indoor/outdoor pool, hot tub, sauna, exercise room and just about anything else you'd need.
I was expecting the restaurant there to be high end and expensive, and I was surprised, it wasn't. Their bar and restaurant, you could eat at either, were nice and classy and very chick looking. The staff was great and was there when you needed them. The selection of wines, beers and other liquors was great as was the food. The food was moderately priced and was delicious. Their menu had some light dishes and some fuller meals, but the prices were reasonable for what you were getting. I expected things to be more expensive there and I found out they really cater to large family groups so they try and keep the prices in line so families can dine there without breaking the bank. I didn't mind it either.
The location was great and they had underground parking and I left all my skis in the SUV which was handy. When you left the lodge it was only a few steps to several escalators that take you to the base of the ski resort, pretty neat, no stairs to climb or descend. When I looked out the bedroom window in the morning I knew which skis I'd be grabbing from the SUV depending on if there was new snow for deep powder skiing or if I'd be grabbing my race skis for some high speed descents on the groomed slopes. I really liked Beaver Creek slopes better than Vail's because they allowed you to ski more vertical feet in a day than Vail's. At Vail you can only get about 32,000 vertical feet in a day. At Beaver Creek I'm pretty sure you can get 50,000 vertical feet a day, that's more to my liking. I normally ski 50,000 feet a day at resorts closer to where I live. Then I feel like I've accomplished something. And like any good athlete I'd rehydrate properly at a local micro-brewery. The lodge had a good selection of those beers as well.
If you want to go first class, this is it, and you get great luxury as well with reasonably priced food. It's a great place to spend your ski vacation relaxing after a hard day of skiing.

Room Tip: With 72 suites that are the same, I don't think there is a bad room in the lodge.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for visiting the Beaver Creek Lodge and the entire staff is extremely happy that we have another exuburant guest to add to our list. Please come back and visit soon to finish the ski season and continue to check our website on great rates and deals for the summer.
We look forward to seeing you back at the Beaver Creek Lodge !!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location at the village entrance; prompt housekeeping service; was hoping for a room with a better view as the hotel was certainly not busy. Lovely touches to room furnishings. Special mention to Brian the concierge who provided superb assistance. The free door to door shuttle is a terrific service. Great for families.

• Stayed January 2013
kevin s, General Manager at Beaver Creek Lodge, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We appreciate you choosing the Beaver Creek Lodge for your winter destination. We have a beautiful resort in a fantastic location that appeals to any type of traveler.
We must see you back again at the Beaver Creek Lodge. :)
Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This resort condo/hotel is in a gated community. Location is perfect. It is up on a hill and offers controlled access. A short drive to Vale and other attractions in the area. I reserved two superior rooms with fireplace on the AMEX Platinum Fine Resorts and Hotels website and received an upgrade to a very large one bedroom condo with full kitchen. Fabulous weekend getaway. This was one of the most pleasant hotels in every respect. It was very family friendly and the couples didn't seem to notice that there were well behaved children everywhere. If you go please make sure you get executive floor or privileges. There is free alcohol and food from morning until late evening. We had restaurant reservations but cancelled them immediately after our first visit. Unlimited perks. There was champagne and wonderful selections of wine and mixed drinks all weekend. Our party stayed there most of the weekend - who wants to go anywhere with this type pampering?
Location is perfect.

Room Tip: Restaurant menu diverse but expensive. Not for budget-minded travelers.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
KevinShields, General Manager at Beaver Creek Lodge, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. Please come back soon and check with our reservations team on property to make sure we get you the best package and price.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Through a miscommunication with Beaver Creek 800 number reservations, we were given a room without the requested kitchenette. Beaver Creek Lodge reservations agent Kristin Haare assumed personal responsibility and gave us a luxury three bedroom suite for two days at no extra cost until our studio became available, and then personally came in, packed us up in no time flat, and helped us settle in quickly so as not to further delay our time on the slopes. everyone in that hotel is a pleasure to deal with. The location is excellent - very close to the slopes.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your response and email. I have spoken with Kristin about the kind words you sent and she appreciates your gratitude and looks forward to assisting you in planning a return trip.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Kevin

Been to Beaver Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!