“Could have been great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cima

Cima
126 Riverfront Lane, Beaver Creek, CO 81620 (Formerly Restaurant Avondale)
Website
Transit: Avon Transportation Center
Davenport, IA
“Could have been great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Really nice restaurant, well worth the visit if you're staying in the Westin. Nice decor, great food; I think I would have given this 5 stars if we had a more attentive waiter. Our party of 4 ordered several appetizers and were not disappointed with anything. Entrees were equally delicious. I had the short rib, which was almost awesome..not quite as tender as I was hoping..but still very good. It had some smokey mushrooms with it that tasted almost acrid, or too smokey. I also thought the smoked swordfish dip appetizer was a bit too smokey, so maybe just my personal preference. If we weren't left staring into empty wine glasses the meal would have been a bit better. We waited almost 10 minutes after our entrees arrived for a refill....but I wouldn't let that stop me from returning. If you're staying at the Westin, this is an easy choice for a very good meal...but it's also worth a stop if you're in Beaver Creek or Avon in general.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
“Great après ski! Vince is the best bartender.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Cima has a great happy hour for après ski. The bartenders (especially Vince) are extremely knowledgeable, attentive, and helpful. Great fresh and unique cocktails and tasty appetizers. Great music and friendly service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
colorado
“wrong info posted online”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Went to Cima after skiing and checked out the happy hour menu online. We ordered some of their specialty cocktails (Bourbon Red Tail and Lemongrass Pisco Chilcano). The online menu says they are $5/each and we were charged $7/each. Mentioned it to the bartender and he said sorry. Please update your online menu, it is deceptive and isn't cool to not honor what you have posted. I didn't raise a stink or force the issue, but I won't return. The deck is great on a sunny day and the cocktails were very good, but "sorry" wasn't good enough for me.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York, NY
“Happy hour = awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is a review of the Cima happy hour served in the lobby of the Westin Riverfront. In short, a can't miss. A dozen creative, tasty food options under $10 great for sharing, and delicious flatbreads in a $13 or $15 price point that are an easy meal. The drink options are also interesting and a good value. Most evenings there's live music, and warm, family friendly atmosphere. Seats can be hard to find note (no reservations obviously).

Visited December 2012
West Chicago, Illinois
“People with allergies watch out!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I'm allergic to seafood, and upon delivery of my french fries, I noticed a fishy smell. The person who delivered my food was either rude or ignorant to my question of the ingredients in my appetizer. Upon my server's return, she did inform me that the french fries had been fried in the same oil as the cod, and that they used peanut oil, and often that presented problems to other guests with nut allergies. I should have sent them back and walked out, but my husband ate then instead. They didn't seem too concerned about the whole thing - pretty surprising for a "fancy restaurant"! Really disappointing.

Visited December 2012