“Great instructors and experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 28 Activities in Beaver Creek
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Our professional tandem paragliding instructors will give you a birds eye view of the beautiful Vail Valley. Leave the flying to us, while you document your flight with our digitial cameras. Ages 8 to 80 are invited to enjoy a para-taxi glide 1,500 feet into the valley below. No jumping or falling. Visit our website to view a video clip of a sample tandem launch.
chicago
9 attraction reviews
“Great instructors and experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We took our 8 and 10 year olds to paraglide with 4 of the instructors of Vail Valley. They were so nice to our kids and made it a fantastic experience overall.

Visited August 2012

Norwalk, Iowa
10 attraction reviews
“Vacation highlight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

While vacationing in Avon this year, we booked a tandem flight for my step-son with Vail Valley Paragliding for the morning of 7/16. We met Dave Champaign at a nearby gas station and followed him and another family to the landing site near Edwards just up the road. There we met the pilot my step-son would fly with, Greg Kelley. After a quick introduction, we drove about 1,500 feet up near the top of Bellyache Ridge to the launch point.

The view was great from the ridge, and we enjoyed watching other paragliders launching while Greg went through some basic instruction with my step-son.

Soon it was their turn, and with mom and I holding our breath, they executed a smooth take-off and were soon soaring gracefully up and down over the valley in front of us.

Greg did a great job piloting and kept aloft for well over a half-hour. We personally missed the eventual landing because we were too mesmerized by the view to make it back down to the landing site in time.

V.V.P. also documents your flight with a high-res camera, and in our case, they burned the pics to a CD and mailed it to us before we even returned home from vacation.

Dave and Greg were both great, and so was the overall experience for my step-son. I highly recommend their service.

Jacksonville, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Friends that help you jump off the edge of LIFE.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

My friend John and I went to Colorado to explore. A local named Valerie suggested Vail Valley Paragliding[she basically suggested we go jump off a mountain, still trying to absorb if she liked us or not(j/k)]. We called David and Bob to set up a time. They worked with our schedule to set up a day that would work best for us. They told us verbally the directions, and they informed us of the directions on the website. The directions to the "meeting point" by the landing zone was 'spot on', on google maps, on my android T-mobile phone.(I'd like to point out here, that it is only about 10 minutes from Avon.) You get off of US-6 at Hillcrest Dr, take your first left on to Red Canyon Estates Rd, then drive about a mile until the road makes a hard right under I-70, directly a crossed from the hard right is a dirt road to the landing area.(only a couple hundred yards.)

Copy and paste this into your browser, and it will give you the google map from avon to the landing zone, which also is the meeting place.

When we met David and Bob, they were laid back, but exceptionally friendly and most importantly, PROFESSIONAL. We filled out the necessary paperwork. They explained everything to us in terms we could understand. The safety of John and I was their biggest concern. The drive up to the launching point is scenic. The view at the launch point is phenomenal. While they were setting up the equipment, they showed us exactly what 'makes us fly'. They had cameras on small adjustable rods that we used during the flight.(I believe they will also allow you to use your own camera if you have a lanyard for your wrist, but i doubt they will be as good as the pictures you can take with their rod cameras.)They went over the procedures on how to launch, then we patiently waited for the perfect conditions to jump off a mountain. The view in flight was spectacular!!!! The ride is pretty smooth. The whole flight feels like 2 to 3 minutes, but it was more like 15 to 30 minutes.(even if it was 2 to 3 minutes, it is still worth it.) The landing is something like sliding into home plate in baseball. There is a airbag under your butt, that you land on. My suggestion to all whom attempt this; HAVE FUN, stay hydrated in Colorado, trust your instructor, wear tennis shoes, long pants, and a long sleeve shirt.

This was the perfect ending to a great trip. THANK YOU David & Bob.

Website:
Vailvalleyparagliding.com

Emails:
David@vailvalleyparagliding.com
paraglidevail@hotmail.com

San Francisco, California
“Incredible Experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

If I said that I am terrified of heights, it would be the understatement of the year.

My wife wanted to do this and I grudgingly agreed to call these guys to inquire (nothing more). I called David 2 days before we were scheduled to be in Vail and he explained details to me - including the ideal time to do this for beginners and what would be involved etc. His calm demeanor gave me the confidence to at least show up and the decide if I wanted to do it.

We went to the landing site and saw the different instructors swoop in gracefully from the sky - got me excited, but the waiver forms only got me more anxious.

We drove up to the launch spot and I found a bench farthest away from the edge and sat down wondering what the heck I was doing there (though the words forming in my mind are unprintable).

Tom, the other instructor was constantly giving me encouragement and was explaining everything in greater detail. He realized my abject fear and actually ran with me as we were taking off. And then.......

WOW - what an incredible view - the flight was extremely smooth and the views spectacular. The harness and the seat made me much more comfortable. We had a fantastic run and the landing was awesome.

These guys are pros and I am VERY thankful to David and Tom for a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Oh...and did I say that I am scared of heights !!!!

Madison, New Jersey
“Awesome experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

Get a birds eye view of a beautiful valley and mountains. An awesome experience that you don't want to miss. It was worth every penny. Tom and Dave were total professionals from start to finish. I would highly recommend to anyone.