Stayed here with my husband for 5 nights over Christmas in December 2008.
I would whole-heartedly recommend this hotel for Starwoods members looking for a great way to use their points. However, if I were paying rack-rate for this hotel, I would rather stay in Beaver Creek (or Bachelor Gulch) proper. The hotel is located in Avon and a taxis to Beaver Creek or Bachelor Gulch is very pricey ($40 one way).
The hotel itself is physical beautiful - very modern and clean, a sense of understated luxury. The rooms are great and so are the beds ("Westin heavenly bed").
The ski valet is fantastic and it is *very* easy to get to the slope. The ski valet will store and heat your boots and skis, and bring them out to you when you are ready in the morning. You pop on your boots and hop right on the gondola which takes you to Bachelor Gulch. You then get on the ski lift and you get out right at the base of the Ritz Carlton in Bachelor Gulch.
The hot tubs at the Westin are out of this world! There are three of them - so there is plenty of space and you don't feel like you are crowded in with all the other hotel guests. We didn't use the pool, but it was very large and beautiful.
The restaurant in the hotel was *not* good. If you are from Middle America, you will probably enjoy the restaurant, but being from New York, it was truly mediocre. Food was not good and the setting felt like we were in a mall cheesecake factory.
Overall, the hotel is beautiful and feels luxurious. Only knock is that it is difficult to get out for dinner to the good spots without paying an arm and a leg for taxis. I would recommend this for guests using starpoints, otherwise, if I were paying $500+ per night, I would rather stay closer to the center of Beaver Creek instead of in Avon.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Riverfront Resort And Spa
- Westin Riverfront Hotel Beaver Creek
- Westin Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain is in the heart of the Vail Valley, CO and was recently named the #2 Resort US Mainland by readers of Conde Nast Traveler. The Beaver Creek hotel features direct access to skiing and year-round mountain activities. Home to Spa Anjali, named #2 Resort Spa by Conde Nast Traveler readers, relax where mother nature nurtures. Revive at Maya, a Richard Sandoval Signature restaurant due to open in June of 2013. Experience total renewal in a spacious studio suite or one, two or three bedroom condominium with breathtaking view of Beaver Creek Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Venere, Travelocity, HotelsClick and Priceline so you can book your Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.