“YUCKY” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Durango Resort on Vallecito Lake

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bayfield
Durango Resort on Vallecito Lake
14452 County Road 501, Bayfield, CO 81122   |
Durango, Colorado
“YUCKY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

First of all the picture above is NOT the Durango Resort!!!! This place is a run down hole in the wall. The owner did let us have our dogs there, said there might be a cleaning fee which was laughable since the cabin was FILTHY! I spent two days with a bucket of lysol scrubbing the floors and every other hard surface in the place. There seems to be a septic tank issue, it was bad all day but a night! OMG, it was like sleeping in an outhouse! I complained and supposedly the owner sent someone out but nothing changed. The only plus is the deck has an awesome view. So if you don't want to eat, sleep or use the bathroom but want a great view this is the place for you ;)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

4 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Business
Loveland, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I have traveled often and this place hand down is the worse place I have even stay at, The first hint was the front office it was never open and un kept. The only pos thing was the location, great view of the lake. First of all there was saw dust all over the porch, the screen was ripped. The bathroom was un painted particle board with wires stapled to the wall. Great light fixture none, but cob webs could be seen more easy.
Do yourself a favor and go someone where else, don't get taken like we did thanks

Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

This was my first time visiting Vallecito Lake. Some friends of mine go often and I was very excited to be meeting up with them. I found the web site on the internet showing nice, clean, pretty cabins available, VERY DECEIVING! I arrived ready to relax and very pleased with the how beautiful the area was. When I checked in the man helping me was very unfriendly and rude. The first cabin I was put in was awful, absolutely filthy, had a heavy smell of propane and the toilet was leaking all over the bathroom. I didn't even want to bring my bags into the room. After complaining to the rude man in the office, (who turned out to be the owner) I was put into another cabin which turned out to be worse! Heavily run down and filthy, the hot water heater was leaking profusely, would not stay lit and looked as if it had caught on fire more than once. I found a black widow spider on the bed and the coffee pot reeked of urine. Complaining to the owner did no good, he acted as though i was such a pain, interrupting his beer drinking and wasting his time. Bottom line this is no resort! I ended my supposed to be 'relaxing ' vacation more stressed out than it began . This place is down right disgusting!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Durango, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

A member from the White Mountains of Arizona
This resort was beyond run down, it looked like it should be torn down. Dirty, needing many repairs. My advice would be to choose someplace else.

Been to Durango Resort on Vallecito Lake? Share your experiences!