“Needs an Attitude Adjustment” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Five Branches Camper Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bayfield
Five Branches Camper Park
You added Five Branches Camper Park to your Saves list
4677 County Road 501A, Vallecito Lake, Bayfield, CO 81122   |
Midwest
“Needs an Attitude Adjustment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a place that we have visited many times, however over the last couple of time the park has turned from fun to horrible. First off the staff in the front office are VERY rude to the paying customers. Just above the door as you are about to exit is a sign that reads "Remember we are not all here on Vacation". Well I am sorry I am on vacation. Second there is another sign in the dinning area that reads "It's ok our staff is use to stupid questions". As a paying customer at this place there is no such thing as a stupid question. Then there is this old man who rides around on a golf cart at speeds above the 7.5Mph, and yells at you for doing the smallest thing wrong, someone should say something to him about the rules that they are for EVERYONE... The area and the lake along with the RV sites are great, very roomy and nice. This place is so bad that if you question anyone working there, they threaten to not let you come back next year, that is not a good way to do business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We chose this campground based on their website and list amenities. We booked a year ahead, but called to check verify our reservation and amenities 5 weeks prior to our scheduled arrival. We chose this park because of their location and because they had a boat ramp and buoy for rent that was directly in sight from your RV site. We brought our motorhome and boat and wanted to launch the boat with the motorhome when we first arrived and then buoy it for the rest of our stay, leaving the motorhome hooked up to electricity, water and sewer.

Upon arrival, we noticed and were informed by the staff that the lake was very low, hence their boat ramp was closed and the buoys were sitting on dry land. Our lakefront site was nowhere near the lake. I asked why I was not notified when I called 5 weeks before to confirm our reservation that the ramp and buoys were unavailable, they said they had called me. I never received a call, as had I known we would have changed our plans. The staff was very rude, indicating that the solution was that I could simply drive around to the other side of the lake every time I wanted to launch my boat...ummm that might have been ok if I had known to bring another vehicle, as it was impractical to unhook my motorhome every time i wanted to pull the boat to the public ramp across the lake.

We had originally booked 5 nights but checked after one night due to being unhappy all around. The website does inform you that they do not allow air conditioner use, however they list right beside that that the elevation is 7600 feet and indicated to me on the phone that it never really gets hot there. However upon our arrival, it was in the upper eighties, our site had no trees for shade and it was hot! The website also lists that they had free wifi, but this was not working upon our arrival, neither was their pay phone. There is also no cell service in the campground. To top all of this off, they charged me an additional $2 a night for my 2 year old. You also have to pay if you want to use their showers. The rate is $33 per night for two people, additional people over the age of one are $2 each per night. For this rate I would except to be able to use electricity as I liked (use the air conditioner) and use the bathroom/ shower ability for free.

When checking in, I asked if the rate could be discounted due to the lack of amentities that were stated as available on their website, the rudely said no. They explained to me that the causes of the lake level, the ramp and buoys were acts of God and therefore out of their control, so no discount. I asked why they charged for two year olds and was again rudely told "we'll two year olds use water too". By the way, the playground is nothing but a very old swing set and the volley ball court was small and littered with trash. The told me that the wifi outage was out of their control too, because there was no company to provide it for them in that area. I asked them why they had not updated their website to reflect the lack of boat ramp, buoys and wifi. They said because they didn't have Internet.

At the end of my check in after expressing my dissatisfactions, the staff informed me that most people accept the limitations of amenities and happily finish out their stays and that they hoped i would do this too. However for us, we could have lived without the amenities, but the rudeness of staff members pushed us over the edge. The next day, we found a campsite at a forest service campground nearby and stayed there the remainder of our vacation. The only thing positive about this park is the they gave us a refund for the nights we didn't stay that we had originally booked. However, we had friends that were supposed to join us at 5 branches the day we checked out. They too decided that they didn't want to stay there, but 5 branches would not give them a refund.

We have never been so rudely treated in all of our years of camping and strongly recommend not staying here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Bayfield hotels

Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We just returned from a 3 week vacation at 5 Branches and were not disappointed. The park could not control the water in the lake but the fishing was still the best. Jan and her crew welcomed us back again this year. We had a very relaxing and well deserved vacation. We will be back next year! The only draw back were parents that allowed their children to slingshot rocks at the geese and their babies.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Nowhere
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Have been here several times, and I don't care for it. The facilities are great, the location is nice (especially if you have a boat), but many of the staff are arrogant & nosy. I regularly saw staff members watching us from a distance (we were not breaking any rules), and they were quick to confront us about nit-picky issues. They were also quick to threaten our option to stay with them again if we politely questioned any of the rules (They're big on their rules). Long story short...If you don't like being treated like a child, try another campground.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Lubbock, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

BEWARE! This campground staff needs a lesson in respect and customer service....hookups were on the opposite side of your trailer hookups and YOU get to pay $60 for the extensions...YOU also get to pay to use the showers, and hot tub....camp host told my father a US naval veteran who lost part of his hearing while serving our great country.... To turn up his hearing aids... You also cannot use your air conditioner and it's been HOT! Horrible roads into the campground as well.....Save your family a horrible experience, there are other beautiful campgrounds with kind and caring hosts in the area!!!! Oh by the way they don't have to advertise because " they have word of mouth" well ladies and gentlemen at 5 branches, here is my two cents.... You need to retire from this job too....because if you are volunteering to do this job, you're getting paid too much....

Room Tip: Go anywhere but here