“Best ribs in the valley” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Basalt, Colorado, United States
“Best ribs in the valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My Wife and I mostly have our drinks here, but also enjoy our less frequent meals. The best ribs, to eat in or take out, good salads and the best
staff.
Many of the staff have been with the owner, Jaymie since opening.
Excellent and friendly service. Always meet friends here.

Stu & Linda Nichols

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Denver, Colorado
“Excellent BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I've lived in Kansas City and had dry rubbed ribs in Memphis. Smoke does a great job of presenting a true BBQ experience.

Visited August 2013
Oklahoma City, OK
“Group of 12-something for everyone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our dinner at Smoke Modern BBQ. My husband and our carnivore loving friend really enjoyed the steaks. The taco salad was excellent too. Burgers were heavenly! Kids meals were large but all 6 kids loved the Mac n cheese. I had a mule and it was delicious served in a freezing cold copper cup. The only con was our meal took forever to come out. Really enjoyed it though and live music across the street. Can't beat it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Really good Barbeque”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I really liked the food - mac and cheese with kale was excellent as a shared starter (though so so not good for you!) and cornbread was great. My mother loved the cheese grits. Pulled pork and brisket were very good and the sauce options are a great perk. The place was hopping. Some good beverage choices - I tend to drink beer with BBQ.

I wish the place had better lighting (very dim inside) and the server (a 40ish woman) really acted like she couldn't care less. I asked her for an opinion about pulled pork vs brisket based on general popularity and she rolled her eyes and put her arms up in the air. (Sorry honey - I thought as an employee you MIGHT have a thought about the food.) If not for an attentive bus guy who tracked her down we might never have had second drinks. So it was fine, reasonably priced. You just might want to avoid the that server with the badattitude.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
“Good BBQ Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Good Food! Offers a good variety of barbeque sauces. Very nice place to have dinner outside. Wait staff is okay. We have had dinner here twice and enjoyed ourselves. If you are looking for good barbeque we highly recommend Smoke.

• Visited July 2013