“Good Food...can be a challenge to find” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 53 Restaurants in Yucca Valley
Cuisines: Chinese
Scottsdale, AZ
“Good Food...can be a challenge to find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I decided to eat here based on the reviews. I ordered to go. The food was very good, ingredients quality good as well. Staff was helpful. Small restaurant simply decorated. But hard to find even though its on the main road. Yucca Valley has so much eye clutter along hwy 64 its a challenge to find and react anything. Chen's is just east of Joshua Lane on the south side of a frontage street along the highway, west of the Star gas station.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, Virginia
“Seriously Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

After living in Richmond, VA for too many years and then moving to SC and then VT I am now back "home" in Richmond! I ordered Chen's because, after unpacking all day, I am too tired and lazy to go foraging for food. Ordered the Spicy Dumplings, side of Garlic Broccoli, and Garlic Shrimp and it was delivered about 40 min. later. And it was the best Chinese food I have had in a very long time! Maybe ever. Just enough spice (I asked them to make it spicy) and I think a hint of cinnamon. I hesitated to order Chinese delivery because in my experience it has usually been watery, bland and mushy "food".

But next time I want Chinese, I will definitely call Chen's again!

• Visited February 2013
Yucca Valley, California
“I have avoided this.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I typically avoid any chinese restaurant....only because the ones I have been to have all been in small towns and they are normally dirty....so I avoided Chen's for years......I WAS MISSING OUT!!! They are my new FAVORITE restaurant. I could eat there everyday. Everything they make tastes fresh and you can actually hear them cooking up your individual order in the back....IYou don't get a humongous mound of food for $5 but it's a perfect size meal for about $6-$8.....I'm ordering Chens to go right now as a matter of fact....Their egg rolls are long..sooooo good. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richmond, KY
“Chinese Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

So I am spending the weekend hiking in Joshua Tree and needed something to replenish me. This place does to go orders but doesn't feel like a to go place. There were about 20 people dining in and the place is nice enough and best of all, no buffet. The young woman who took my order was nice, and she was working hard tonight- don't know if every night is this busy for her. Traditional Asian decorations. Would come here again if I lived here!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Yucca Valley, California
“Chen's, The Place To Eat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

My Wife And I Frequent Chen's Whenever We Have The Craving For Chinese Food, Which Is Often! The Service And Food Are Great And The Value For Their Meals Is Very Good. Go To Chen's For One of Their Lunch Specials, Or Early Bird Dinners. Great Prices And Lots Of Food!
Ernie