“Good choice - Best in Yreka” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Vancouver, WA
“Good choice - Best in Yreka”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

I stayed at the Yreka Baymont (formerly Amerihost) twice this spring. Both times it was very clean and nice. The lobby and hallways are very clean and look new. It is the best hotel in Yreka as the others seem older and more run down. The front desk folks have been very friendly and helpful. The included breakfast bar is top notch for a hotel having biscuits and gravy, pre-made omelettes, waffles and all the usual continental items.

• Liked — Location, cleanliness
  • Disliked — No issues
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Walnut Creek, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2008

I have stayed in this hotel many times when I visit my family in the area. The property has been completely remodeled recently. I stayed there for 4 nights in November 2007 and 9 nights in January 2008. I stayed in the king suite with a jacuzzi in Nov and a regular king room in Jan. I would not pay the extra money again for the suite with the jacuzzi. What I liked about the place: the beds were comfortable, free breakfast, indoor pool and jacuzzi, room size, microwave, fridge, coffee maker. What I don't like: housekeeping is very inconsistant and during both stays there were more days that they did not service my room than days that they did. The management did offer a discount to make up for the lack of cleaning. The breakfast is very basic: hardboiled eggs, toast, bagels, cereal, oatmeal, coffee, juice, milk, peanut butter etc. I would especially recommend this place to families. I will probably always stay at this hotel when I come to town. I feel like their rates are a bit high for what you get and the area, but it does seem to be the best place to stay in town.

• Liked — large room, comfy bed, free breakfast, fridge and microwave in room
  • Disliked — heater is hard to regulate so room is too hot or too cold, inconsistant housekeeping
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
manteca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2007

My family and I loved this property they have so many upgrades to the property, which made the rooms feel like we were the first ones to ever stay in our room. My children loved the indoor pool and hot tub. I would definetly stay again.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — we had to leave
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Volcano, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2006

Nice little budget motel, clean and friendly.

There is a nice coffee shop a block away, easy walking distance.

• Liked — Good location, just off I-5.
  • Tips/Secrets — Nice folks in Yreka.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2006

We had booked a Non-Smoking room through a reputable sourse, but when we went to check in, we received a Smoking room. We complained to the Hotel, and to the company that booked the room. The problem was it was July 4th weekend, so all the Hotels in the area only had Smoking rooms available. The air conditioner was noisy, and went on/off all night and looked like someone had used it for an ashtray. The bed was hard and uncomfortable. The shower was extrememly narrow, and the shower curtain smelled like wet smoke.

• Stayed July 2006
Sunnyvale, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2006

Being a slight germaphobe, I was happy to that the room I stayed at the AmeriHost Yreka was very well cleaned. I stopped over there during a "spontaneous" trip to Northern California over the July 4th holiday weekend. In addition to the clean room, the online reservation system through the AmeriHost website worked well. Most hotels in the area that had internet reservations systems were booked solid, but I was able to snag a room with no problem. Since I was traveling with a dog, it was crucial to know he'd be accepted with no problems. The hotel is surrounded by undeveloped land, which helped deal with my dog's toilet breaks. In fact,the flat openess was a good thing since no landscaping meant no scary shadows, for the 3 am and 4 am pee trips.

Unfortunately, I had several negative experiences. Could be chalked up to the busy-ness of the weekend, training issue or whatever.

1) I made my reservation through the AmeriHost website, then I called the hotel to confirm it went through. The person who answered the phone wouldn't let me talk but kept cutting me off with her barrage of questions. She even went so far as to give me the name and number of another hotel before she heard me out. When she was about to hang up, I finally got out a full sentence, "So the reservation I made on the internet is useless?" She was like, oh you have a reservation, why didn't you say so, what's your last name? She looked it up and in 10 seconds, she confirmed my reservation was there.

2) The TV picture looked bad, everything was red, orange and green. So I called front desk asking if anyone could help me make the picture better. The person who answered the phone said, "It's up to you" and hung up. Since the person also told me she didn't know what number channel HBO was, I figured calling the front desk for anything would be a waste of time.

3) I booked the room for two nights which was stated many times, verbally & on paperwork. I came back from doing touristy stuff on the second evening and my card key didn't work. I was told that the person who checked me in only programmed it for one night, even though it was clear that I would be saying for two nights.

Within walking distance or a short drive: Wal-Mart, Raleys super market, fast food and sit down casual resturants, gas stations, strip mall stores. On the short drive to the downtown you pass banks, more gas stations, mini marts, drug stores, ethnic food resturants, bars and other food places.

I'll have to be pretty hard to stay at AmeriHost again. Although the cleaning staff were friendly and efficient.

• Stayed July 2006

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!