“Suites are large and perfect for families” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Yreka
N California
“Suites are large and perfect for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

We stayed hereon a drive to Oregon from the Bay Area. We had reserved a two bedroom suite for our family of four, and were quite surprised at the size and quality of the room when we arrived. We only stayed long enough to sleep and have breakfast, but the hotel was perfect and gave us the space we needed. The heat was cranked up wuite a bit when we arrived, but we were quite a bit later than expected and an that was easily remedied. Its proximity to I5 was a very convenient as well.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

238 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Pacific Northwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

Nicely updated decor, quiet room, easy location. Staff was less than friendly but whatever! Decent price "manager's special" was $82 after tax. Could have been cheaper. Breakfast was average. AWESEOME bed!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
wilton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

This hotel was a very good value, we had 2 adults and 4 kids and the suite was quite comfortable after a 8 hour drive. The staff was excellent, very friendly and was giving everyone discounts for traveling during a snow storm. The food was close by and the hotel was very close to the 5 freeway, they had WIFI in the room and internet in the office and provided weather reports for both north and south bound travelers, I give it a 4 out of 5 rating and do reccomend it for travelers with little kids.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

Stopped there around midnight in the middle of a long drive. Reception was kind and alert, and the King bed room was very nice, clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was very nice and helped us start our morning on the right foot.
This hotel is highly recommended if you need a cozy stop at a very affordable price with a nice atmosphere (the room had a balcony with view of a stream).

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

This was our second stay at the Best Western Miner's Inn and it was more enjoyable than the first.

We stayed in one of the rooms overlooking the small creek. It was a great place for the dogs as our patio opened onto a fenced in lawn area for the dogs to run -- as well, pickup bags and waste bins were provided. The room was a good size and looked to have been recently renovated -- quite luxurious for a freeway stop! With all the trees and plants, it did not feel like I-5 ran alongside. There are 2 outdoor swimming pools - one in a courtyard in an older section of the motel and another, busier pool in a more public setting. A good continental breakfast was provided. The only downside was that the room was a little dark.

And dinner at the Purple Plum across the street with an after dinner walk through interesting, old downtown Yreka refreshed us from the freeway drive from Portland!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Bay Area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

My husband, our furry four legged son, and I stayed at this hotel in mid October 2010. This was the halfway point to our drive in Oregon. When we checked in I understood the reviews from other travelers about the customer service. The person at the desk (I didn't get her name) seemed annoyed and wanted to rush me out during my check in. It wasn't until she found out I was a travel agent that she actually seemed interested in my stay.
Our room was number 106, downstairs. I highly suggest getting a downstairs room by the creek. My whole family was pleasantly surprised at the room. Due to the ultra pet friendly accommodations, we will return here again. The room is cozy but the back area is GREAT! You have a balcony to sit and your dog can basically roam free with all the other dogs staying there. It was great and because of this you interacted with other guest there. It was also nice to have doggy waste bags and disposal area. The creek is nice to look at but there is a fence so you don’t have to worry about kids or pets.
While I was outside early in the morning it was then that I realized how close you are to the freeway when you stay here. It's convenient and you really cannot hear the freeway unless you really try.
My husband slept horribly but I fell right to sleep (thanks to the long drive and two beers at the local pizza restaurant) When we first arrived I noticed the lumpy bed. Basically two grooves in the mattress where you can tell two people have slept.
In the morning we skipped the continental breakfast which I wish we would have stayed and enjoyed. We wanted to get something on the road but quickly noticed there wasn't much. I was craving the delicious looking muffins fifteen minutes after we left.
Checking out was quick. The two people working the desk were pleasant and professional although they did not ask how my stay was.
Basically my complaints are minor. We will stay here again. Yreka is a very small town and if you're going to stay in the area I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

Room was good sized and the bed was comfortable. When we entered the room there was a residual scent, possible cleaning chemicals. After a short airing out the smell was gone. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Complimentary breakfast was mediocre. Price was right. A step above from Motel 6 but definitely not the Ritz.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Miner's Inn? Share your experiences!