“Still a good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Belmont, California
“Still a good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The problem I reported in a previous review has been corrected. Rooms are updated and very comfortable. Our last two stays have been great. Personnel at the front desk are very pleasant and accommodating. Yreka is a nice town and warrants some exploration.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sandra P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Miner's Inn, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and we are pleased we were able to make corrections to make your stay more comfortable and memorable. Look forward to accommodating your stay in the future. Thank you Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I found this hotel by checking on the map for a city that was about equidistant between Vancouver Canada and Anaheim, while planning a family trip to Disneyland, and Yreka was it. After examining the other reviews and swayed by my loyalty rewards membership, I Picked this one. The price seemed recent, and I knew that as a Best Western there were certain standards it had to meet.

Meet them it did, and indeed exceed them by far. We got a 2 queen bed which was simply huge. The bathroom was a very good size, and the counter space there was great. Breakfast had a large assortment of everything; fresh fruit, eggs and sausages, even sausage gravy, as well as toast and bagels, cereal, and multiple juices. We didnt get a chance to check out the pool, as we were only there over night, but the front counter staff were very helpful in offering advice for a great dinner place across the street

It was a great stay, and if I am ever tempted to drive my family 1000+ miles and find myself in the vicinity, I will absolutely stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

It is a very nice motel with a large room, separate bathroom and sinks. Having separate bathrooms and sinks can be a bad and good at the same time. It makes the room a lot bigger but it can be an issue with a light sleeper if you want to use the sinks.
Rooms were very clean with lots of drawers and storage area.
The included breakfast is very good, we were expecting the usual cold "continental" breakfast but it has hot food and a variety of breads, cereals, fruits and other breakfast goodies.
The only "downside" would be that it is a bit overpriced for the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is a very large property, close to the I-5 and in a good location at the edge of downtown Yreka, walking distance to restaurants. Our room and bathroom were very spacious and clean, with a desk, table and two easy chairs, TV, a wardrobe, microwave, and refrigerator and two Q beds, which were moderately comfortable. A lobby that looks quite new is attractive, and the front desk staff, especially Eden, were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good, with cereals, eggs, breads, yogurt and fruit, served in two pleasant rooms off the lobby. But this is an older property, and the A/C units that go through the wall continuously cycle on and off which kept waking me during the night, even though I was wearing good ear plugs. The lighting in the bathroom and extra sink area was excellent, but the room lighting was terrible -- the worst we've ever had in a motel. There are a few old lamps with dark shades, casting the room in a depressing gloom, accentuated by the dark wood furniture and dark bedspreads and upholstery. There was nowhere we could sit or lie down and have adequate light for reading. After a long day's drive, I was eager for a swim, but the pool is unheated and was far too cold. Room rate was reasonable, but the A/C noise and gloomy lighting would keep us from returning.

Room Tip: Unless you're traveling with a group, stay in the main area, not the annex where the convention...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing this review we can use this information to improve our hotel and make changes and hopefully some day you will decide to stay with us again. We are in the process of purchasing new air conditioners for our rooms and will look into getting better lighting. Once again we appreciate your comments and thank you for staying with us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Very comfortable beds. yreka has limited options for lodging. the best western miners inn is by far the best. it is located off I-5 but relatively quiet rooms. highly recommend , if you plan to stay in yreka .

• Stayed September 2012
Kent, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stay at this hotel last year but when I went to find it on trip advisor couldn't find it. I'm glad to see the hotel on here in 2012. I stayed here twice with my family. It was a great place to stay and even had a washer and dryer. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were cozy. My daughter and I used the swimming pool and had some fun. Would I recommend this hotel to friends and family yes I would. Hotel is in the middle of no where and for the area its great. I have stayed in newly built Best Westerns and the beds are too hard. The bed in these rooms are just right. I traveled with my family from Tacoma, Wa to Southern California and stayed once going down and once on the way home. I tried to stay in 2011 and they were sold out.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Easy and clean placeto pull off of 5
The mattress had quite a valley in the middle but a clean room
Wifi did not work in the room
We did ask for creekside room lady said we had it but we didn't
people pleasant
quiet even though right off freel

• Stayed August 2012

Been to BEST WESTERN Miner's Inn? Share your experiences!