“very good value” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Diner
Huntingdon
“very good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

fried chicken and fries was excellent value at $10.99 - 4 pieces of chicken (too much really as it was half a chicken) - other guest had small portion meal at $6.99, lemon chicken breast with vegs and mash - good service; pleasant server; the salad was fresh - I can't understand this place having so many bad reviews - it is a diner not a top class restaurant - it gives value for money without frills; there were plenty of local people eating when we were there so it can't be that bad - interesting that a lot of people who submit bad reviews only ever submit 1 review ever! We noticed they do a breakfast for $6.99 which seemed like excellent value

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Small portions and under cooked”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have passed this diner many times and decided to have lunch. The diner was beatiful but the food was horrible. The portions were rather small. I had their chicken and it was too under cooked for my taste. Their salad didnt seem fresh or either did their fries. We wont be coming back here sorry.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Nasty Food, and small portions.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was visiting my grandmother in Yreka, and we decided to stop here for the first time. First of all, there was an odor. Second, we waited for over an hour for our food. Third, the portions were very small. Save money go to Grandmas House.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
yreka
“NASTY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Food was over cooked.Customer service was horrible .waited over an hour for my food . don't waste your time or money.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
milwaukie
“Old Time Diner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was next to the Best Western Miner's Inn in Yreka. Great atmosphere and great food. Every meal had a celebrity's name. I had the Don Knott's fish sandwich. It came with fries or potato salad. I really didn't want either so they brought me a green salad. Everything was excellent.

• Visited April 2013