“Best Meal I Have Ever Had” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Etoile is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: French, Winery
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: As the only fine dining restaurant within a winery in Napa Valley, etoile Restaurant at Domaine Chandon epitomizes the very best that wine country dining has to offer. Innovative cuisine paired with award-winning wines and sophisticated surroundings set the stage for the ultimate wine and food experience. Etoile's unique position within a winery allows daily collaboration between the culinary team and Domaine Chandon's winemakers, resulting in innovative, wine-inspired cuisine. We invite you to join us for an epicurean discovery.
Atlanta, GA
“Best Meal I Have Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We hosted a large group dinner here and it was absolutely perfect, everyone of our guests walked alway over the moon. We started with some passed appetizers on the patio and it was beautiful night and the food was great. It only got better from there, we had a four course meal in a private room and it was flawless. Normally when we do these things service can be average since they know they are getting the auto-gratuity anyway, but not here, we probably had one server for every two people. All the courses were served at the same time to everyone in the party and the food was all cooked perfectly, which can be a challenge sometimes.

The food was phenomenal, the courses were inventive and extremely tasty. My favorite though was the berry tart at the end of the meal, it was the best dessert I have ever had. This is a must go when in the Napa area.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Florida
“Nice Tasting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Pretty nice view while you are enjoying the drinks.
Good quality of champagne.
The bartender was friendly

Visited January 2014
San Francisco, California
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a very enjoyable meal at Etoile. My wife's plain salad starter (special request which was happily satisfied) and scallop main course were both very good. My melon salad starter had a very interesting flavor and my veal main course was high quality meat perfectly prepared. The excellent food was matched with excellent wine and excellent service.

Visited August 2014
Orlando
“Great food, relaxing atmosphere for lunch (but Club members-identify yourselves)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I became a Domaine Chandon member last year and returned to the winery to have lunch at Etoile as well as attend a sparkling wine tasting. The food was excellent (I had salmon and my guests had a summer pasta dish and a sirloin entrée.) We purchased a bottle of Etoile Rose to compliment the meal. The seating area outside was wonderful as it overlooked the grounds and the weather was perfect that day. Our server, John, did an outstanding job and was very attentive. The prices are slightly high for the amount of food served, but this is expected in California. However, the food was prepared perfectly. Since this was my first visit as a Club member, I did not realize our table was to receive a complimentary splash of sparkling wine. John noticed this error at the end of the meal (as I went up to the Hostess to assure I was getting the discount on the meal being a Club member). He then "comped" the majority of the cost of the bottle. I found out later (when I went to sign up for double shipments) that as a member I was also to receive an amuse bouche as part of the dining experience, which also did not happen. I recommend if you are a Club member, you mention this to the wait staff upfront because although I made my reservation stating I was a Club member, it obviously was not passed onto John so I cannot blame him for this error.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
rio de janeiro
“Nice tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I took the Etoile Tour and Tasting and would recommend it. The guide was very patient and knowledge of about sparkling wine and the Chandon history in Napa and elsewhere (even though he told us the myth that Don Perrion (Chandon brand) discover the way of making champagne bubles – not a true story!). Unfortunately I did not have luch or dinner in Chandon.