“Fine dining to the 9th!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The French Laundry is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Creek Street
Sonoma County, California
“Fine dining to the 9th!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My second visit to this exquisite dining establishment. Must say that the service outdid the food, which is on it's own spectacular. Expect stuffiness, formality and a very expensive tab. As long as you know that going into the experience that the French Laundry will live up to its reputation. This little intimate restaurant in Yountville has amassed numerous accolades and well deserved. The Oysters and Pearls is by far my favorite course, following that was the Duck and Pork Belly (to replace the Snake River RibEye). Dessert just kept on coming....I felt like Marie Antoinette once it was all over. Everyone should experience the French Laundry at least once in their lives.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Service excellence beyond reproach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This restaurant is meticulous about their service. Be prepared to sit down and be absolutely treated like a king or queen. No request is too big or too small. But it comes with a handsome price tag. Several wait staff attend to your every need and the food is presented in art form and exquisitely prepared. Everyone at the table receives their meal at the same time in a silver dome plate. I will caution you that if you like meat, go for the regular menu. I ordered the vegetarian menu and it was the same price as the regular menu which included lobster, veal, lamb, sea bass, you name it and I only got small servings of tiny vegetables. So that is my only caveat. It is a very special treat but be prepared to pay for it. Extensive and most impressive wine list I have ever seen. They are booked solid for a reason. Be sure to make reservations months in advance.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne
“An excellent night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We woke up three mornings in a row at 5am two months before we wanted to go to get a booking at the restaurant. On the third day we finally got in and how glad we were, it was worth the early morning wake ups!
The restaurant lives up to its reputation, the service, the food and the ambiance was fantastic.
On the morning of our booking we walked to the kitchen garden across the road to watch the gardeners working; it was amazing to think that we would be eating the produce they were tending that night! There really isn't anything I could fault the waiters engaged with us as soon as we walked in and were very attentive throughout the night. The food was exceptional, the flavours unbelievable, it was an absolute pleasure that I would happily recommend to anyone.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Hot inrestairant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food was very good better then most.. the neg was the dining room was very hot food great like all 3 times I havebeen here

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“GIVE IT UP...DO NOT MAKE A RESERVATION AT THIS PLACE!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

honestly my review is about the " customer service" of this restaurant.

i made 3 reservation a month and half before my arrival in california for my Anniversary.
i showed up a week before my special night to check the status of my request....and i was told " do not plan to have a confirmation on your reservation....make other arrangements"
I was really, really upset about that answer and having a restaurant myself i could not beleived how they could be so " snob ".......
Definition of snob by wikipedia :

........A snob believes that some people are inherently inferior to him or her for any one of a variety of reasons, including real or supposed intellect, wealth, education, ancestry, class, taste, beauty, nationality, et cetera. Often the form of snobbery reflects the snob's personal attributes. For example, a common snobbery of the affluent is the belief that wealth is either the cause or result of superiority, or both........

how do they base pryority ...i am sure they must favor friends or " important people "

i am sure this place does a great business but you are not getting my 5 stars and i would like anyone that whish to have a great meal with a great atmosfere to try all the other incredible restaurant in the area near by !!!!!!

• Visited February 2013