“Delish!” 5 of 5 stars

+1 707-945-0920
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
R+D Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 22 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Madison
Description: Local favorite in the heart of Napa Valley. Be sure to try our versions of classic American dishes like the Reubenesque Sandwich, the Chicken and Spinach Salad, and our Three-Layer Carrot Cake with toasted walnuts and mascapone icing. We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Delish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We went in here on our first night in Yountville and were very glad we did! Everything was great from the service, the food, wine selection and setting. The menu isn't huge, but has a lot of very tasty dishes. We shared the dip duo as a starter, the flavours from what was essentially nachos were fab! The rest of the meal did not disappoint. The portion sizes were very big- which left no room for pudding, and when I heard the options I wanted to return another night just to try them! Staff very helpful and friendly. We didn't book and managed to get a table very easily.

Visited October 2013

Waterloo, Canada
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Great atmosphere, great menu selection, great ingredients and all at a great value. I had the ahi tuna with the beet salad and it was the perfect amount of food. There was a very generous amount of Marcona Almonds with my salad which were delicious. I was absolutely amazed to see such a generous portion of such an expensive ingredient! Really great spot!

“Beautiful property, great menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Another quality restaurant from The Hillstone Corp. Absolutely gorgeous property with plenty of seats. Food was perfect, had lots of flavor but yet they make it feel like a gourmet home-cooked meal. Also has outdoor seating areas equipped with fire pits to keep you warm on those Cali nights. Nice cocktail menu and wine list. Professional and attentive staff. Not sure what kind of rigorous training the staff has to go thorough, but I suggest if you own a restaurant, go to a Hillstone restaurant and see how it should be done!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“A Series of delights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Do yourself a favor and go just before noon. You'll walk into an empty restaurant and it will fill up around you as you eat some amazing food served to you by the friendliest staff I've encountered in quite a while. Form the French Fries, to the Crab Louis to the Queso and Guacamole and chips the starters did everything right to set us up for lunch. A trio of sandwiches (Veggie Club, Carnitas, and Fried Chicken)...All superb.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Yountville, California
“A hamburger to beat all hamburgers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I almost always order a hamburger the first time I try a restaurant that serves them. I think it's a gauge to the rest of the menu. I've been here twice and, although the rest of the menu sounds great, I ordered the hamburger again. It's the best I've ever tasted, hands down. The restaurant is fun and casual.........great patio and outside bar. Everyone I've recommended go here for the hamburger has agreed it's the best they've tasted. I've heard great things about other menu items too, but I'm still going back for the burger!

Visited October 2013