“Wonderful food , One of the best retaurants in the Napa Valley” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Jeanty is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: French, Californian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mulberry
Santa Rosa, California
“Wonderful food , One of the best retaurants in the Napa Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

One of best restaurants in the Napa Valley. We have been to many of them, including, the French Laundry and Bouchon.I liked the Flavors and the style of cooking at Bistro J a lot. The famed tomato soup was great. The Onion soup was great. the duck was fabulous The fish was delightful. The quiche was creamy and really good.The waiter was friendly and perfectly attentive.We have been to France several times and went to a few famed “foodie” places, with astronomical bills. This was as good or better; in the "bistro style of French food"that we have enjoyed anywhere . The Chef Mr. Jeanty is of course, French! and we are lucky that he lives in the USA.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Gordonsville, Virginia
“Very very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had a beautiful lunch at Bistro Jeanty and would encourage anyone heading to Yountville to visit this restaurant. I had the escargot starter and the cassoulet entree and both were the best I have encountered in North America. Our server Will ( I question the label server in this case, more an ambassador for the food and the restaurant ) was first class and made great recommendations. Our experience shows that while there are more recognized places in town this gem shines brighter than the rest

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Maine
“Good but not great. Expected more from reviews.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Atmosphere was ok but a bit crowded. Food was good but the short ribs were dry. Desserts were wonderful.
Waiter forgot one appetizer which threw timing of meal off. Nothing bad but nothing exceptional. From reviews
and recommendations we had high expectations that were not met. Go to Redd instead!

San Bruno
“Nice Night Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Us and another couple were in Napa for the week end and made reservations for a Saturday night at Bistro Jeanty. Making reservations was a must as the place was packed even in November. We had a nice table tucked away in the corner. The room was a bit loud but I guess that is to be expected with so many people. Our wait staff were all friendly and helpful. The menu and preparation of the food was very traditional but quit good. We shared a nice bottle of wine with our meal. I had the duck and enjoyed it very much.

Visited November 2012
Benicia, California
“Still Searching for the Right Entree”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I based our selections on DishTip’s top items, cross referenced to three review sites for Bistro Jeanty.

The Crème de Tomate en Croute was a piece of theater as well as deliciousness. Breaking through the pastry encrusted cap, a pleasing amount of hot soup filled the bowl. I would definitely order it again.

“Julie and Julia’s” Boeuf Bourguignon was very disappointing. The meat was well cooked, and the carrots were great, but the sauce was among the blandest I’ve ever eaten. I would not order it again.

Daube de Boeuf The meat was well cooked and the sauce was OK. The carrots that accompanied it, were as described, cooked in butter, but did not relate to the ‘stew’. I would have expected at least a higher quality carrot if it was going to be so simply prepared. I would not order this dish again.

Crème Brûlée au Chocolat One reviewer wrote that this was a dish she shared with her friends. I couldn’t imagine wanting to share a really great Brûlée with anyone. She was right. This dessert is very rich. Four bites was enough. I would order it again after a light meal.

Bread Pudding The sauce tasted wonderfully of vanilla bean. The bread pieces were firmer than I often find in bread pudding. My only criticism was, I could not taste the rum. While I loved this dessert, I desperately wanted to add a couple of tablespoons of rum sauce to it. I will request it next time.

The atmosphere was crowded an informal. The service was excellent. I’m not sure if we went on an off day with the beef dishes, or we ordered the wrong entrees. I will return to try several other entrees to see if I can enjoy a near perfect meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere