“Bouchon's Pain de Chocolat on a Lazy Sunny Sunday” 5 of 5 stars

707-944-8037
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bouchon Bakery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 22 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: Bakery
Description: Highly acclaimed chef Thomas Keller (of The French Laundry) is behind this beautiful Yountville restaurant. Enjoy excellent French bistro cuisine in a dining room offering wonderful Parisian ambiance. We invite you to visit Bouchon Bakery, an authentic, country-style boulangerie located next door Bouchon Bistro. The Bakery serves traditional French breads and pastries and is open from 7am - 7pm daily.
Middletown, Maryland
“Bouchon's Pain de Chocolat on a Lazy Sunny Sunday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

What better way to spend a lazy Sunday morning in the Fall than in Napa Valley at Yountville's Bouchon Bakery! I love pain de chocolat with coffee. The bakery has a number of outdoor tables and when the weather is right as it was the day I was there, it's a perfect spot to sit back and enjoy the beauty of Fall. I look forward to returning and spending more time in Yountville.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
Syracuse, New York
“Disappointed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was our first time in Napa and Bouchon was one of the recommended restaurants. We made a reservation on Open Table in advance of our trip and were very excited to visit a Thomas Keller restaurant. We were shown to our table upon arrival, which for me to sit down, the table had to be pulled out, so I could sit on the bench facing out to the restaurant. The table had four legs which you could not maneuver around. I found this to be quite awkward. We were immediately greeted by our server, who was very knowledgeable about the menu and the specials. After ordering, I received an emergency phone call, which I immediately proceeded to leave the restaurant to answer. I had such trouble getting out of the table, I missed the call and needed to get someone at the restaurant to help move the table.
Our mixed green salad arrived, which I shared with my husband, it was good, but nothing to rave about. My husband had the beef bourguignon and I had the salmon special. Again, they were both good, but I guess I was expecting over the top. I did not feel that for the price, this meal was anything special. We skipped desert, and had decaf coffee, which I have to say for decaf was excellent. But as a whole, we were extremely disappointed.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Very good as expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I am lucky to have been to French Laundry and this being another Thomas Keller restaurant I expected it to be very good (can't be excellent like French Laundry!) and I was right. Much more down home French cooking. I got the mussels with frites and my husband got to Boudin Blanc. Both were very hearty and good. The bread on the table was to die for. We were really squeezed in (as were most other patrons) which was the one negative, but the decor was charming and the atmosphere cozy.

Newport Beach
“So good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

So many delicious treats to choose from. Coffee was excellent, brownies, monkey bread, baguettes, all yummy. The people who worked there were also happy and patient. There was always a line out the door but it was worth it.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Good prices and excellent food! Really a french kitchen and nice atmosphere. We had lunch, but probably works very well for dinner too.