“Relaxed Elegance” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
Burlington, Vermont
“Relaxed Elegance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We took advantage of a mid-winter deal to stay in one of their second floor (vaulted ceiling) king rooms, and what an incredible value it was. Everything about our stay was perfect, from the friendly check-in to the delicious breakfasts and of course the room itself.

The linens were all of high quality and in good shape, and the room is tastefully decorated and well-lit. We had a view of the main street which at first worried me, but it was perfect. We could see and hear the fountain in the park across the street, and the town itself just doesn't get that noisy. The tub is ridiculously luxurious with plenty of room for two. You do need to exercise a bit of caution getting in and out, but it is so worth it.

The grounds were beautiful--the plantings are seasonal and well-maintained so that everything seemed in its prime, even in January. I was expecting to feel like we were there in the off-season, but you just don't get that sense when everything is so beautiful and well-kept.

Their housekeeping staff is what impressed me the most, though. I am very sensitive to chemicals and fragrances and called a week or so before our stay to see what type of laundry detergent they use. The head of housekeeping, Umberto, called me back and described the laundering process, even offering to take special measures with our linens before our arrival. It turned out not to be necessary, but that gesture meant a lot to me, as did the incredible cleanliness of every inch of our room, even under and behind furniture (I tend to drop things). I understand they usually use a natural citrus spray in the rooms and Umberto made sure that it was not used during our stay. Sounds simple, but you'd be surprised at how many hotels have a hard time with things like this, so I give them major points.

We would not hesitate to stay there again, and I certainly hope that we get the chance!

Room Tip: Request a second floor king for the vaulted ceiling
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We have been coming up to wine country for over 10 years and have stayed at numerous properties through out the Valley. The Yountville Inn's beautiful hospitality, charming rooms and perfect location captured our hearts! We have stayed at the equally lovely sister property, Villagio Inn and Spa, however, Vintage has a certain charm. The bathrooms boast wonderful L'Occitane ammenities and a too-die-for jacuzzi tub. We loved our upstairs room from the moment we walked in and were greeted by a great bottle of chardonnay and chocolate covered nuts. The bed was heavenly, the linens crisp and the cleanliness of the overall room was wonderful. To top off the perfect stay we indulged in champagne brunch each morning, brimming with innovative frittatas (goat cheese and sweet potato!) banana bread pudding, home made English Muffins and Bloody Marys and mimosas, all included in the room rate. Need more of a reason to stay? Midday "snacks" like mini-red velvet cupcakes, deviled eggs and wine are put out for guests as well. We'll be back...very, very soon!

Room Tip: Inner courtyard and upstairs rooms are our favorites!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas Fort Worth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We loved the property as soon as we drove up. Within easy walking distance to several great restaurants and tasting rooms, the Vintage Inn sits on the St Helena Highway. It seems to be arranged like a small village, complete with a 'river', which adds to the charm.

Breakfast was not gluten-free friendly, which seemed odd compared to all the places we'd eaten at, and other hotels we visited in Napa Valley. They had breads of all kinds, bread pudding, breakfast burritos with flour tortillas... But when asked for gluten free bread, there was nothing available. Thank God for the omelet station, that's all I can say!

Rooms were the best we'd experienced in the Valley, with lots of light, a large tub, fireplace and balcony that was surrounded by flowers. We had unusually warm weather for January, and opened the windows and balcony doors. Note that the blinds over all these windows do not block the light completely.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms require that guests climb stairs, but offer vaulted ceilings and really lovely ba...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Ladue, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Recently celebrated a spectacular 50th birthday weekend at the Vintage Inn. Truly comfortable rooms with balconies and fireplaces. Wonderful gardens and fountains and all within easy walking distance to the many restaurants of Yountville.

Private tour at Pride and small group tour at Niebaum-Coppola were worth reserving in advance.
Walked over for a very fun dinner at Bottega our last evening and stayed after to sip a glass of wine by their outdoor fireplace.

Tips-Request an upstairs room at the Inn-nice vaulted ceilings with an inner courtyard view.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

A group of friends and I decided to visit Napa Valley after a seminar in San Francisco. We chose to stay at the Inn for a couple of nights and what a great decision that was. It is very conveniently located. The rooms are large, well equipped with all the various amenities and the bathroom comes with a jacuzzi which is great after a day of golf! The pool is heated. The gym is only a short walk away. Breakfast offerings are good and sumptuous, not to mention the afternoon tea which is equally great. The staff were friendly and helpful and recommended places to visit and dine.
Free wifi is available throughout the premises.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed two nights, Saturday and Sunday. The rooms were really nice and comfortable - enjoyed the bottle of wine in the room and especially the Nespresso (gotta get one now). The breakfast was incredible and the tea was really lovely. The english muffins are to die for!

What I did miss was a complimentary wine and cheese buffet in the evening. I found out that they only have it on Fridays, but we could go to the one they have at their sister property, Villagio on Saturday. Other places we've stayed in the area had the wine and cheese daily. I would prefer that they do less of the tea desserts and add wine and cheese to it. Then it doesn't make you feel like you are penalized since you didn't stay on Friday evening.

I also wished they would've made it more obvious that you could get complimentary coffee in the lobby. I noticed that Villagio also had complimentary lemonade and tea available - I would've enjoyed that at the Vintage.

Unfortunately, we did have a room on the bottom floor - luckily the people above didn't walk around a lot at night. But we could even hear the bed squeak everytime they turned over!

All in all, it's a very nice place and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in the days leading up to 2013 and I can't imagine a better place for the price.

Check-in:
Front desk staff was extremely helpful, answered every question, told us about the amenities and let us know that there would be a complimentary bottle of wine in our room -what a great touch and a nice way to feel a bit better about investing in vacation a.k.a. sanity time.

The Suite:
I know I'm not the only one, but I always check out the bed as soon as I arrive. I was in seventh heaven, totally comfortable bed with a great comforter for the cool time of the year. The wood floors were nice, complimentary bottle of Chardonnay and an in-suite fridge which was great for keeping our wine trip munchies properly refrigerated. There was a nice coffee nook with an instant espresso maker, also an in-room coffee maker so we could stay caffeinated and free Evian. While it was a bit chilly outside, there is a lovely patio to sit and have coffee in the morning and watch the sun rise.

The Room Service:
Staff did an excellent job refreshing towels and TURN DOWN SERVICE WAS GREAT! Also, each night, they place a Duraflame in case you want to have a romantic fire with your significant other/spouse/partner/etc. Great touch and I absolutely loved it after the excellent dinners we enjoyed.

The Bathroom:
Nice L'Occitane (SP?) amenities which were replenished daily -sewing kits and shower caps also kept in the bathroom. While there was no bathtub for soaking with my wife, the shower was AMAZING, it is a huge shower, enough to share with spouses and still have space to invite friends (if that's your thing, we just loved all the space) - there were two shower heads, one high pressure and the other a rainwater style heads. The shower also had two jets, but I did not use these as the one drawback to the shower is the fact that it is open in the center with no door or curtain to prevent blowback from the jets from going into the dressing/vanity area.

There are double sinks so plenty of room for Wife and I and she travels with an arsenal of bathroom supplies.

Food:

The champagne breakfast is really well done. There is sparkling wine (Domaine Chandon and/or Mumms) if you want to have a mimosa or sparkling wine with breakfast. The Vintage Inn house coffee is a truly fine blend and I was sure to have several cups to start my day. The pastries and english muffins were really good (there was a walnut pastry of some kind that was awesome and the english muffins were similar in style to Model Bakery (which is in a class of its own especially with Clover Dairy butter). I don't eat eggs, but the omelet station was kicking and had tons of toppings. All in all, beyond my expectations.

Overall a wonderful and romantic place to stay. Walking distance to all the food of Yountville and a number of tasting rooms, shopping and spas. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Vintage Inn? Share your experiences!