“17 years in a row” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
Franklin, Michigan, United States
“17 years in a row”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Well, we must be creatures of habit -- an understatement perhaps. But we keep coming back because it's comfortable, great rooms, great location, excellent proximity to the Napa area, walkable to about a dozen excellent restaurants right on Washington (including the renowned French Laundry) --- lovely pool, unbelievable ******** breakfast every morning with more than you can possibly imagine including cook to order omeletes, and an array of breakfast food that will carry you for the day while you wine taste in the glorious Napa Valley....
HIGHLY recommended for 17 years as regulars.

Room Tip: They're all nice, big, comfortable, big patio/deck, beautiful bathrooms, luxurious but not prete...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Stockholm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I will admit that, for once, I was not an easy customer during this stay. In fact I started out doing most things wrong, from setting off the smoke alarm trying to light the (nearly foolproof) fake log in our fireplace, to shouting "I'm naked" before opening my room door, not – as it turned out – to a member of our party but to the maid. Stupid things, that were taken in friendly stride by the staff.

A beef developed early in our stay over the well-hidden spa, which had been a deciding factor in our choosing the Vintage, and to which superfriendly Todd in the reception had patiently directed us. Nowhere on the web site did it say that the spa area was not open to children. When we finally found it, the parking-valet-turned-spa-manager tripped over himself trying to explain the clothing-optional reasons for children not being admitted. – Honestly, Americans and nudity! – Before trooping off with my disheartened flock of inlaws and questioning, well-behaved children, a less than friendly call was put through to the hotel manager (Eric or Scott).

Back in my (aired out) room, I admit I was planning to malign the Vintage on Tripadvisor with (completely spurious) insinuations of unsavoury goings on at the their adult spa, when Eric (or Scott) called, sounding genuinely happy. They would be opening the old spa facility only to our family, with kids, for the rest of our stay.

The rooms were wonderful, the baths spaceous spas in themselves, champagne breakfast and high tea a perfect dream, the staff knowledgable. Todd – in the words of the party that checked out before us: "You are the rock star of hospitality!"

The Vintage Inn is centrally situated for visits to Napa wineries and within crawling-distance from Le Bouchon. I warmly recommend it to anyone who, after reading this, is willing to risk meeting me there!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
orangevale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here but used the amenities at their sister property, the Villagio because their grounds are more established and because I prefer the decor. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. They were excellent hosts. Between the two properties Villagio stands apart because the grounds are more established and overall it is more lavish. Their breakfast is excellent as was their wine tasting. A great deal when you consider the appetizers, breakfast and fantastic poolside service. Thank you for making my girlfriends 50th birthday a memorable one.

Stayed April 2012
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

A nice place to celebrate a anniversary or having a couple retreat.
We stayed there in April and enjoyed it. Our room was located at ground floor next to the reception and pool. The rooms had 2 huge beds, Nespresso coffee maker, jacuzzi, private outside area.
The breakfast area is in the reception with the option to sit outside by the pool. The had 2 chefs making omelette, and 1 that made Belgian waffles.

• Stayed April 2012
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We had a beautiful -- but way too brief -- weekend stay at the Vintage Inn. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful; complimentary wine; very nice staff. In fact, watching the clean up staff limber up for their day was an interesting lesson in good management. They were ready, cheerful, effective -- and that wouldn't happen w/out caring employers. So, in addition to all the other great things others have mentioned, there were also good vibes. May be pricey, but sometimes a splurge is good for the soul.

Room Tip: Sometimes wiggle room on pricing.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Roseville, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Wow, what an incredible stay we just had here. My husband and I decided to head to Napa for the weekend-but we had no reservations booked, and I walked in the lobby at 4:00PM and asked if they had any last minute specials. They offered me a King room at $295, which he said was normally $435, and rates jump up to $600 in the summer. So that was fantastic. What I didn't know was how much it included! Wifi, a lovely bottle of wine in the room (lovely fireplace as well), "high tea" which was this wonderful display of beautiful appetizers and tea, wine and cheese hour, which included meat, crackers, olives, cream cheese stuffed jalepenos (were to die for!), and then came the wonderful amazing GORMET breakfast/brunch in the morning. It was stunning. Everything was over the top. Organic everything, champagne, fresh squeezed orange juice, waffle station, omelet station, fruit, bread, potatoes, the most amazing carrots....oh so good. And on top of all of the wonderful food, everyone was so nice. I was treated like a princess from the moment I arrived. Oh and the room...I am particular with smells....my nose is very sensitive....but the room had such a lovely fresh clean scent to it. I loved the rainfall shower head. Bed was extremely comfortable. We would return back to this place in a heartbeat!
Oh and the robes....not your typical itchy white hotel robes...these were so soft and luxurious. Loved them. The hotel seemed to get every detail right. Actually except two things: my husband and I are avid coffee lovers, and in the morning we realized they only gave us one tiny little thing of half and half, not even enough for one cup of coffee. But my husband called and they brought more up right away. The other thing that kind of bothered me was a man that worked there....Luis....he was waiting for us to leave our table after breakfast so he could clean it. He was hovering, and kept giving me dirty looks like "come on, get moving guys!". I felt it was rude and felt rushed, which is not good to feel on vacation. But other than those two things, the place was perfect :))

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Based on the layout i think rooms are very similar throughout the property. Ours was large, comfortably furnished, with fireplace, large bathroom, and balcony. Coffee and nespresso machine, complimentary wine on arrival, water bottles with turn down service, and many other amenities. I expect that rooms close to the highway may have some issues with noise. The grounds are lovely as is the small pool and breakfast area. Breakfast was delicious with made-to-order eggs, many fresh fruit and vegetable dishes and Mumm champagne. There is afternoon tea with delicious scones and chocolates as well. It was too cold to use the pool, but it was a pretty, very intimate area, which I expect to be very inviting for relaxation. There is complimentary use of the Villagio spa facilities, but we did not use it. It is a 5-10 minute walk - not close enough to slip into your bath robe and use their steam room or sauna. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would return. The only downside is Yountville itself: great restaurants, but the town is developing into something close to Disneyland. Not much left of a sleepy village in Napa valley that happened to have great chefs and excellent wineries.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Vintage Inn? Share your experiences!