“Casual, friendly and upscale at the same time” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Redd Wood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 22 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Madison
California
“Casual, friendly and upscale at the same time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We had an early dinner here and could see why this place is popular. The menu has imaginative choices and goes beyond the usual items. It has a couple of outdoor areas which would be lovely when the weather is warmer. Give it a try.

Visited April 2013

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Great Evening Out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Our reserved table was waiting when we arrived....recommendations for wine were great. Server helpful but clearly stretched between to many tables. Restaurant very busy. Spring salad tasty, light and very fresh...pizza light and yet full of fresh flavors...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Pure taste with good raw material”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

A rich menue with well done food.
Excellent selection on wine. Nice ambiance.
All 6 guests were happy.

Visited April 2013
Napa, California
“OMG! Great Burger.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I originally tried to eat here back in March. Unfortunately, I was forgotten. I had heard such good things about it and when next door with clients at Beau Vigne and Oscar. I would be driven crazy by the Yummy Smells, coming out of Redd Wood.

I waited for another opportunity. My 56th birthday. Today! I am glad I gave them another shot.

I was 1st or 2nd table maybe seated inside for lunch time today. All others were outside eating.

All the wait staff were at the ready. Greeted by 2 loving young ladies upon entering. Given a choice to pick where to sit and sat in the corner on the wooden bench. I like watching people. lol

Was told of the Specials after I had made my choice of Minestrone Soup and Spinach Spaghettini Carbonara. Sounded yummy to me.

Opps. One Special was: A Hamburger with Fontina Cheese and Caramelized Onions, on a fresh made Potato Bun with Garlic Fries and Salad Greens.

Minestrone was very fresh and was most delicious, nicely seasoned.

The Burger done almost perfect. I wanted a tad more pink meat. It was an Elbows Up Burger.

OMG. Quite possible the best burger I have ever had in my life. As well it should be at $15.

I have paid more for burgers trapped at a hotel restaurant. Gone away wishing there was a fast food joint next door instead. Not with this burger. I will come back and have it again. As I do not mind paying for things I find worthy of the payment wanted.

Now Redd Wood's Staff was a bit hard to get to come back after the food was served. I did choose to sit in the corner out of direct view. We are human and no one or anything we do is ever perfect. But this was close and a very birthday good lunch, after a great morning at Hill Family Estate's Tasting Salon.

The Napa Sonoma Wine Tasting Driver

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Breakfast & Dessert Fabulous!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed at the Northblock hotel so Redd Wood was literally in the courtyard. We ended up there after the wine tours both nights. Dessert was really good! I would reco the cannolis & the ice cream, yum!

Breakfast was good too. The sandwiches are big and were tasty. The yogurt was a great healthy start to a full day of drinking. :)

Service, ugh a bit snobby. Again just like the North Block. But the food was good!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere