“The only place to stay in the Napa area” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Relaxing Spa Package
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Yountville
Boca Raton, FL
“The only place to stay in the Napa area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Yountville for 4 nights. The entire hotel, including the grounds, were in perfect condition. The architecture and interior design were among the best I've seen in a property like this, creating a relaxed and casual, yet upscale, environment.

From the minute we arrived, we were greeted by friendly and helpful staff. It was unusually rainy while we were there, so we got to know Cory and Shannon, the hotel's bartenders at the small lobby bar, quite well! Their insight into the Napa region and their warm hospitality made us feel like we were with old friends.

This hotel was so good, I won't even look for another the next time we visit the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
YountVille_MNGT, General Manager at Hotel Yountville, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about both Shannon and Cory. Delighted they were able to entertain you as well as provide you insight into all the things to do in the Napa Valley. Our staff takes great pride in providing the highest level of customer service.

We do look forward to your next visit back to the Hotel Yountville and the Napa Valley.

511 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Newport Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

If I were rating the beauty of the property/rooms/spa this would be 5 stars, but there were just too many problems. The worst was when I was checking out (with a bill of over $2000+) I was asked about my stay and when I gave an honest answer the man behind the desk started to argue with me! I told him that I thought it was awful to hear the leaf blower outside for 40 minutes everyday, and after 2 days of tolerating it we asked the guy to stop using it, he did and as soon as we shut our door he went right back to it. It's fall and people often talk about the beautiful colors in Napa, they expect leaves!
The website room size is misleading (they are not as big as they look in the photos) and I can't help but wonder if I paid for a bigger room than I got. I was told when I booked that the roll-away bed would be against the wall and we'd barely notice it (there weren't any queen doubles left). The bed was smack in the middle of the room and we had to constantly walk around it.
I used to read reviews about people complaining about the beds and I'd think, come on... but all of us had back pain by the time we left and I now know what it is to sleep in a cheap bed.
We could hear the people above and next to us loudly. Showering, walking, talking..
And the bikes, OH my gosh! They were kid size frames (I'm 5'5) and eventually we just had to laugh because somebody always ended up with the clown bike. This is not a 'kid' hotel, so why the hokey bikes? We tried to work with the hotel about getting the bigger frames but no luck. We had planned on sightseeing by bike but they were barely functional enough to get to town and back.
Room service... I think we paid $15 for what was supposed to be a cheese/mushroom sandwich but it was 3 tiny finger sandwiches. They add gratuity and a $3.50 delivery charge. Total rip off.
Nothing comes with the overpriced rooms. No breakfast, nothing special to make you feel like paying $500+ a room is worth it.
And the bath products were cheap and awful. Over perfumed crap. (Which makes no sense based on the price of the room and the nice products sold at the spa.) Upscale hotels these days stock L'occitane etc... for $500+ a night.
So my advice would be spa at Hotel Yountville and stay elsewhere.
I expect a lame response (if any) from management, seeing as they chose to argue rather than apologize for the things I mention when checking out.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Robert2002, General Manager at Hotel Yountville, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your candid feedback on your recent stay. We take all reviews seriously and have met with our management team to address your comments. As a result, we have made some changes to our operation. Thanks again for your feedback.

Campbell, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This was the first time my husband and I stayed at Hotel Yountville....From the moment we were greeted by Ephran, the bell captain and the warm welcome at the front desk, we knew this was a very special place. The room was absolutely beautiful down to the last detail... We had a room facing the creek and it was peaceful and quiet... very comfy bed! We had a delicious breakfast and appetizers at Hoppers Creek Kitchen on site... fantastic food and beautiful atmosphere. There are several restaurants in Yountville that are wonderful... highly recommend Bistro Jeanty and Bouchon for french food.... best french onion soup ever! I only have one complaint... that my husband and I had to leave! We can't wait to come back and enjoy this lovely hotel again.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the creek are private and very quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
So glad you chose to stay at the Hotel Yountville on your recent visit to the wine country. Delighted to learn our staff was able to meet your needs and to provide you a memorable experience.

We look forward to having you back as our guest soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

From the moment we arrived we felt right at home. The service is absolutely amazing. All the staff was lovely, specially Crystal. She gave us the best advice on wine tastings and restaurants. She made sure that everything worked out as we requested.
The rooms are very spacious as well as perfectly decorated.
We will not hesitate to come back. It was a great experience and would encourage anybody who goes to Yountville to stay there.
In short, we left very pleased and very happy about our experience at Hotel Yountville.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you so much for all of your positive feedback on both the hotel and our dedicated staff. We look forward to having you back as our guest soon.

D.C. Suburbs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

3 couples traveling together stayed 3 nights in Hotel Yountville in November. We loved the rooms. Very cozy, comfortable and (the wives thought) romantic (always a good thing!). Walking distance into the town plus they have comp bicycles if you care to explore that way. Great service all around and the food in the on-site restaurant was excellent for breakfast. Nice outdoor seating area off lobby and very quaint in general. The only slight disappointment was the spa. Don't come here if you are coming for the spa. The Acqua Spa is a serviceable spot. While the pool area is very nice, the spa treatments were just okay. Overall that didn't matter much to us because the rest of the experience was spot-on. PS: No on-site exercise facility didn't know until stay was over they have a coop with a facility down the street.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms may have a bit more road noise than ground floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback on your experience at Spa AcQua and with your feedback will continue to improve our service and treatments.

While we do not have a fitness center on property we do in fact provide our guest with access complimentary to a fitness center walking distance to the hotel in downtown Yountville.

We look forward to your next visit.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is a lovely place. However there is something wrong with a hotel management that thinks that Rm #502 is suitable for guests. One window faces directly on to a public lounge area with a fireplace, where people gather day and night. The second window faces the path where all guests must walk to get to their rooms and to the pool, spa and restaurant. I stayed with my curtains fully closed at all times. Any reasonable management, especially at a luxury resort, would realize that #502 can only be used as an administrative office. The whole place seems to be run only by youngsters. To escape my fish-bowl room I decided to relax by the pool. There were two unsupervised boys in the pool who were playing by trying to drown each other, for several hours. No one asked them to stop. There were two wine-soaked couples who were having political debates, yelling across the pool. I asked a staff member for ear plugs; he didnt seem to understand.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our hotel. We do apologize that you did not have the stay you were hoping for when you selected Hotel Yountville for your Napa Valley getaway.

We take note of all of our guest comments both positive and negative and meet with our staff to review them to make sure we provide the level of service our guests are seeking as well as the accommodations they desire.

Wellesley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed 3 nights at the Hotel Yountville over Columbus Day weekend - and have absolutely nothing negative to say about this place. We were warmly greeted by the bellman and well taken care of at the front desk. The hotel is tastefully decorated throughout with an elegant but casual style. We enjoyed a second floor room in what I believe may be the original part of the inn - room was spacious with a vaulted ceiling. Bathroom was large and very updated. The best part of this hotel is that it has a central location within walking distance of everything - yet when you're within the confines of the property, there is plenty of lovely space - both outside and within the hotel and its courtyards - to sit and relax and enjoy the gorgeous weather. ALL, and I mean, ALL staff members were excellent - awesome bellman, very friendly bartender, helpful front desk, great waitstaff in the restaurant (breakfast was excellent) - a very great vibe. Hotel offered some interesting and complimentary wine tours as well as bicycles to use to get around town. The pool facility was gorgeous - both by day and by night. Despite an extremely busy weekend and a full house, we never felt crowded or impinged upon in any way. Some may criticize the hotel for lack of fitness facilities, but you do get access to an excellent facility up the street in Yountville - an easy and lovely early morning walk. I actually liked having the facility offsite as it afforded the opportunity to meet more local people and provided a more interesting insight into the local community. Hotel Yountville didn't come cheap - particularly on a peak holiday weekend - but I have to say I felt that it was well worth the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert2002, General Manager at Hotel Yountville, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thanks for all the positive feedback on our great staff and your breakfast at the Hopper Creek Kitchen. The staff truly enjoys providing our guests what they are seeking in regard to service and amenities. As noted while we do not have a fitness center on site we do provide a great pool for swimming and complimentary bikes to tour town and the vineyards.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Napa Valley.

Hotel General Manager

Been to Hotel Yountville? Share your experiences!