“Heaven on earth” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Philadelphia
“Heaven on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2007

We got the Lavender recommended by a friend and we truly loved every minute we spent there. First of all, we got a special deal on their website - so check out for special deals - and saved around 100 USD/night. I would recommend you to stay in a cottage if possible, they are pretty new and absolutely nicely decorated. You have plenty of room, a small garden to yourself and a great bathroom. It was just wonderful. Yountville is also a nice town for a walk, especially after some heavy wine tasting. Breakfast was great, the inn keepers very friendly and nice. Apparently, the Lavender belongs to a chain of B&Bs and the only point we did not like that much is the fact that they serve the same wine in all the B&Bs which means at the 4.30pm wine & cheese tasting, they could not serve any wine from Napa valley. Other than that, it was truly heaven on earth.

• Stayed May 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Lavender in June 2006 for three nights as part of a trip for our 5th anniversary. We booked approximately 7 months in advance because we wanted a specific room - with the outdoor tub and sitting area. In fact, that room (and it's availability) was the sole reason we decided on Lavender rather than the Inn at Southbridge. I went online to book the room but wanted to be sure that I was booking the correct room based on the photos so I both called and emailed to ensure that the room I planned to book online was the same room I wanted. I was told that I was correct, and I went ahead and booked the room.

I called several weeks prior to our arrival to confirm and yet, when we arrived, we were led to a cramped and old room on the second floor of the main house. It decidedly was not the room I had booked, and when we informed the woman as such, she essentially told us we were mistaken and there was nothing she could do. She told us that the room we "thought" we reserved was taken by a couple who were repeat customers and must have booked earlier than us. Luckily, I had our reservation papers as well as my email from the inn confirming that the room I had booked was the room with the outdoor tub. It was clear from my documents and the inn's records as to the other couple's reservation that we had booked well in advance of them. Yet the woman still treated us as if we were in the wrong completely. I've never encounted such arrogance at the possibilty that the inn had made a mistake.

Ultimately, we got the room we wanted for one night (because the couple cancelled) and then we had to be shuttled to one of the cottage rooms for the remainder of our stay. Having traveled across the country, it was not exactly the relaxing Napa vacation we had planned. Plus, on our second night there (the first in the new room after the move) the fire alarm went off at 3am for about 5 minutes for no apparent reason. When we informed the desk clerked, she had neither an explanation nor an apology.

On the other hand, the inn is quite lovely, the outdoor patios are great, the breakfasts are good, the afternoon wine & cheese is a nice touch, and we enjoyed the wine tasting from Frazier that was offered while we were there. We also enjoyed chatting with the other guests.

I would hesitate to recommend the property, however, because we felt that the problems we encountered (which clearly and unequivocally were the fault of the inn) were neither validated nor properly addressed. At no time did anyone apolgize for the inconveniences while we were at the inn. Instead, we were made to feel as though it were our fault and they were doing us a great service shuttling us around to different rooms (despite our clear documentation that we had reserved the correct room and they had merely given it away to someone else after we made our reservation). I believe we should have received some type of compensation for our stay (each night of which was $275). All we received was a letter months after the fact from the Four Sisters company offering us a free night at the Lavender, to be used within one year of our initial stay. Given that we live in Boston, it was of no use to us whatsoever.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
walnut creek, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2007

My husband and I recently took advantage of their spring sale and couldn't have been happier! The rooms were nicely decorated and exceptionally clean. I really enjoyed the private patio and extra large bathroom space!! Plus the innkeeper was extremely friendly and helpful. Don't forget to take advantage of the free to rent bikes-it was so nice to go on a morning bike ride before breakfast was served. We will definitely be returning to this inn on future Napa trips!

• Liked — Location away from the highway and nice rooms.
  • Disliked — Not a full breakfast, mostly buffet items.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2007

My husband and I stayed at Lavender recently when we celebrated our anniversary in the wine country. This was our first stay at a Bed & Breakfast. We loved it!

We found the location peaceful and charming. We were greeted by Marion (I think that is her name!), the jovial innkeeper. She was a hoot! She helped us with our things and into our room, chatting cheerfully all the while! Our room was large and decorated in a rustic country french style. (no wallpaper!) We had our own private patio, fireplace, king bed, lots of room and an enormous bathroom. There were cozy robes in the closet and all the amenities to make our stay feel like home.

Breakfast was yummy! There were hot egg dishes and fresh muffins...french toast...fresh jam...oatmeal....fruit... The coffee was delicious. Each morning, we had a little table for two. It was so cozy, the fireplace burning and tasteful music playing softly in the sunny living room.

The location was great. Yountville is charming and an easy drive to all the wineries. We enjoyed our days wine tasting and our nights in our homey room at Lavender.

We'll definitely return!!

• Liked — Peaceful, private, homey.
  • Disliked — Leaving!
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
Jackson, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2006

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon in Napa. We spent 4 wonderful nights at this inn. We have a cottage room and it was every bit as wonderful as the previous pictures show. We loved all the little details. The champagne and congrats balloons that awaited our arrival. The cheese and wine and great visits in the afternoon and the homemade delicious breakfast in the morning. We took advantage of the on ground bikes as well as games. We loved our patio as well. Everything was great and we highly recommend it!

• Liked — the extras that suprised you
  • Disliked — it was a little warm in the room at times!
  • Tips/Secrets — take advantage of the wine and cheese hour it was a great time to learn alot about the area.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2006

We travel to the Napa Valley frequently, but this was our first turn at the Lavender Inn in Yountville. We were able to stay there for three nights, which wasn't long enough! The staff was helpful and enthusiastic about offering to assist us with our winery tours and restaurant reservations. The facilities were spotless. Our room was spacious and bright. We had one of their "cottage" rooms. I loved the oversized bathtub and our private patio. We truly were able to relax at Lavender. We felt as though we had the whole place to ourselves, even though I know that they were booked. Very private and comfortable. I would absolutely be back to visit the Lavender Inn.

• Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2006

I have been to the Napa Valley many times and this was by far my favorite stay! I felt as though I was in my own comfortable cottage, in the heart of wine country. We had a cottage room and although it was attached to the side of another cottage room, it felt very private and quiet. I wish that they would allow pets because this would be a wonderful place for our spoiled family pooch to stay (he travels everywhere with us). The staff was gracious and extremely accommodating to our needs. We enjoyed the generous breakfast and the afternoon wine. We used the inn's bikes and rode around Yountville, our favorite town in the Napa area. The inn's location is great, we walked to dinner at Buchon one night, and walked around to shop durring the day. The rooms at Lavender are very clean and well kept. They are not "frilly" with victorian style, just fresh, vibrant colors and clean, uncluttered style. We especially loved our vaulted ceiling. Too much to write about how pleasant our stay was! We will definately be back.

• Stayed May 2006

Been to Lavender - A Four Sisters Inn? Share your experiences!