We have stayed in many B&B 's over the years . It's a unique and charming option to staying in a hotel / resort . We contacted Lavender nearly six months prior to our visit . After speaking with the manager we selected our room based on location on the property and features . Upon arrival they checked us in to a totally different room . I showed them the confirmation and they seemed perplexed and had " no idea" how we were moved into a different room. At this point they we sold out and had no options where to put us. The room we ended up in was nice, but not what we reserved. We really had looked forward to the private outdoor hot tub. The room we were in was in the main house. The smells staring of breakfast being prepared stared traveling up to our room each day by about 6 am ! Speaking of breakfast, our previous experiences had been elaborate breakfasts being served in lovely dining rooms. A FULL breakfast served to us by staff . At Lavender it is more of an elaborate continental breakfast. The food is set on a small buffet and you help yourself and sit at small tables in a breezeway, not a dining room. Not a dining room table . The staff was inattentive with breakfast as well, leaving dirty dishes in the tables and basically being invisible . Our previous experiences the breakfast set up allowed for conversation with other guest and staff and this did not at all. Speaking of staff, other than Marion, the cute cockney lady, the staff was unwelcoming and rather rude. When I would go downstairs to get coffee before breakfast and offered a cheerful " Good Morning " I BARELY got even a nod of the head . Curing the day you could walk in the main house and they did not even acknowledge you ! Very different than previous B & B experiences. We were shocked at how unfriendly the staff was. The happy hour offered at 5 pm was very simple. There was no " tasting experiences" which have been included other B&B experiences we have had. On the small buffet they placed a bottle of table red and a white wine and cheese and crackers and that was it ! No conversation with the staff, no conversation about the day or suggestions of dining or vineyard options. Nothing at all. Overall the experience was completely impersonal. The thing Lavender has going for it is the FABULOUS location. We loved that it was a short walk to the finest restaurants and shops. Location could not be beat . If you stay here , stay for location and just don't have high expectations about the B&B experience. This way you won't be disappointed like we were.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate and luxuriously cozy, Lavender, a Napa Valley bed and breakfast hotel, combines the warm colors of Provence with contemporary design elements to create a vibrant setting that blends old and new. A lovely heritage home is the centerpiece of the inn's four buildings; the warmth of its wraparound porch is echoed in the enclosed veranda where breakfast is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lavender - A Four Sisters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lavender - a Four Sisters Hotel Yountville
- Lavender - a 4 Sisters Inn
- Lavender - A Four Sisters Inn Yountville, Napa Valley, CA