“Fantastic!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
addison,texas
“Fantastic!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

Really enjoyed this hotel! Great service and perfect location to all the highly rated restaurants in Yountville (Bottega, French Laundry, etc.) and major wineries. The only slight drawback is that the rooms on the second floor do not have great views BUT the rooms are comfortable and the bathrooms are spacious. Breakfast was included in the price and a good start to the day. Both of the concierge people we used were friendly, informative and very helpful. Will definitely return to this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
mdkohn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

We stayed at a lower level suite from June 1 - 6. The service at the hotel was wonderful. This was our first time to Napa. We traditionally really enjoy contemporary hotels. I will try to cover some of the questions I had about Napa, as well as some of our thoughts in response to earlier posts.

Style
First off, this is a modern hotel with a very modern/contemporary architecture. If you don't like that, don't stay here. If you prefer a Victorian B&B with frilly curtains and such, this is not for you. We loved it.

Comfort/Function
The bed was very comfortable, as was the room. It had all of the amenities we wanted. The patio area was great. We were in Room 204, which was a lower level, however, we had privacy because our particular room did NOT have a suite above us. I'd read that some thought these were not private, but ours was. The patio was enclosed and had a table and 2 chairs, as well as 2 lounging chairs with ottomans. It was very comfortable, and nice to eat breakfast at and/or drink wine in the evening.

The bathroom is huge as others have said. There are 2 closets, which was very nice and there was room to store both of our suitcases in the closets. In addition, the bathroom was large enough to house the 5 cases of wine that we purchased.

Spa
My husband did a manly facial and 90 minute massage. I did a 30 minute massage with a polish and wrap and a facial. We both enjoyed it. We did these services at the spa, not the room. I loved the Clarita products, and my husband loved the Dr. Alkaitis. The pool was great. Try to spend at least a couple of afternoons there. Beautiful mountain view and plenty of cabanas/beds available. Try the Moscow Mules (a Napa kind of version of a Mojito, I guess).

We ate breakfast at the hotel dining room every day, except one when we ordered room service. The Croque Madames were AMAZING. They are obviously very high in calories, but an excellent "base" for a day of wine tasting! Room service was prompt and actually fairly affordable. We never had dinner at the restaurant, but we did have a light snack at the pool - chips and guac (great!) and a light snack outside the bar (cheese plate and the Iberican ham - very good!). The outside areas are beautiful and it is great to eat outside at Bardessono.

We ate dinner at Bouchon, Ad Hoc, Bistro Jeanty, Hurley's, and Redd. We chose to walk to dinner every night, which was great. I highly recommend the location of this hotel. Ad Hoc was amazing. It was sirloin the night we went. This was our favorite restaurant and we highly recommend. Bouchon was noisy and crowded/tight, but our food was great. The sommelier was very helpful, and we had beet salad (loved it), lamb (great!), short ribs (very good, but I did like the lamb better), and hot brownies with almond ice cream (yum!). Excellent service, we loved our waiter. Redd - we did the tasting menu and wine pairings. Great! Definitely recommend this. Good service, but not as good as Bouchon. Bistro Jeanty was great, more casual. Our service was a little slow, but we did sit outside. We had the tomato soup (one of my favorite foods on the whole trip), butter lettuce salad, lamb (good, but not as good as Bouchon), duck (really good). Recommend this place as well. As for Hurley's, it was good, but compared to these amazing places, it was just average. I had the salmon, good, but just not the caliber of these others. I probably would have repeated another restaurant this night or gone to Bottega. Hurley's does have a really nice, pretty patio (we sat inside) that would be very nice to have a casual meal or drink. We had lunch one day at Rutherford Grill - highly recommend. We had the enchiladas (amazing) and a Hack salad (chicken).

Wine
We did 2 days of wine touring with Bruce Conard of Wine Country Safari. We highly recommend Bruce. We did rent a car for the week, but it was great to have Bruce do the planning and driving. Do not go with Bruce if you want to go to a lot of tacky, overpopulated wineries where people are getting drunk and wine is mass produced. DO go with Bruce if you want a unique experience and want to taste and buy wine that you will not be able to buy back home. We loved every place we went and almost always met the winemakers. It was an amazing experience and now we have wonderful memories associated with the wine and every person we met. Price ranges were $20 - $100. We bought 5 cases and had all but 1 checked as baggage on Delta - we bought wine shipping boxes. It was a great way to do it. The wineries we went to were mostly by appointment. White Cottage Ranch, Siduri, Boeschen, Bremer, Benovia, V Madrone, Raymond Burr (gorgeous place for a picnic), Martinelli, Acorn, and David Cafforo are the wineries we went to over 2 days. We also walked to the tasting rooms at Cornerstone and Somerston in Yountville - very good and close. We had a wonderful experience and will be back.

I wouldn't have changed anything about our trip. It was perfect!

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

Hotel Bardessono is a new property in Yountville. The architecture is modern and very unique. The lobby and bar area are surrounded with gardens and sculptures, the pool which is located on the roof offers dramatic views. Our room had a nice garden and a spacious bathroom with very nice & generous amenities. Breakfast was included in our room rate and on top of the continental buffet it included a hot dish as well.The staff was very accommodating. The fact that we could walk to all of the great restaurants in town was a feature.I have been to Napa Valley many times and I must say that this hotel is by far one on the best.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

This hotel doesn't look like much from the road, but don't let that fool you. It's modern, contemporary look is purposeful due to the use of natural, environmentally friendly materials. Once inside, it's pure luxury, and the public spaces are beautiful. The location is perfect, with several shops and the most sought after Yountville restaurants withing walking distance. Our room (an Elevated King Spa Suite) was on the second floor, and had a large private deck, with comfortable chairs for lounging and an umbrella for shade. The suite was very spacious. The bedroom was cozy, with a flat screen TV and fireplace facing the bed, and the bathroom was phenomenal, with a large whirlpool tub and a shower built for 2. There were two vanities and an abundance of closet storage. We had lunch and two breakfasts while there, and all meals were wonderful. We also had a couples massage in front of the fireplace in our room, which was romantic, relaxing, and the highlight of our stay. We were able to walk around the village early each morning, and sit out by the lovely rooftop pool in the late afternoons. All in all, Bardessono was a perfect choice for us. We considered staying at Auberge du Soleil, but decided that staying in Yountville, would suit us better. Once we got in from wine tasting each day, we were able to truly relax, walk to restaurants, and didn't need to use the car again until the next day. This hotel is very highly recommended to those of discerning tastes. We had a wonderful stay and would definitely return again someday.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

We stayed here for three nights and loved it. Unbelievable rooms, high tech, spacious and who can complain when a fold out massage table is the room. Wonderful food, great pool events, and pool. Nice art, loved the garden boxes and free bikes to pop around on. Just wish the price hadn't doubled from this summer compared to last summer. The owners and designers get an A. Did I mention the service? Better than Four Seasons. We would return in a heartbeat and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of our honeymoon and it was the perfect way to end our honeymoon. We booked an elevated spa suite and it was worth every penny. The grounds were chic and trendy, the rooms were comfy and spacious. We loved the working fireplace, the enormous tub, shower with natural products and the plush beds. Make sure you book a in-room massage! And if you need to ship wine back home, the nice people at the front desk can do that for you. And don't forget to get the croque madam every morning at breakfast. DELICIOUS! We definitely will go back for one of our anniversaries!

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

Bardessono was a true find. I am not typically a b&b traveller, so bardessono, with it's clean architecture and modern amenities that were superb but not stuffy, was perfect. It's located in Yountville, which is north of Napa, and close to multiple vineyards in the area. On a day without traffic, it's an easy 70 minute drive from San Fran, however next time I would consider flying into Oakland to avoid bridge traffic. Yountville is a smaller town, but it's beautiful. There are flowering plants everywhere; it's very accommodating to walkers/joggers; it has top notch restaurants; and it's a bit more secluded from the main drag going through all the surrounding areas.
I chose a spa elevated suite at the resort/hotel. I'm glad I got a room on the 2nd floor; even though I didn't see any of the other rooms from the inside, they seemed as if the ground floor suites might be a little claustrophobic outside in some areas. We were checked in very efficiently, and taken to a room nearby. It was gorgeous. I felt, the entire time, like I was staying in my own house. Past the small entry way is a large bathroom to the left and a large living space to the right. The living space was clean and modern, with fantastic lighting, a plasma screen TV, and a gas fireplace. It also had a large sitting couch and a sizeable deck off the living area. The deck views leave a bit to be desired because all the roofs are flat and have solar panels; but I didn't really mind this. The bathroom was as large as the whole living area. It featured a space for a hide away massage table, as well as two large wardrobes. Vanities were situation opposite each other (there were 2), a huge soaking jetting tub stood under a large private window, and the shower was glass enclosed. The room attendants were like choufes! We never saw them! Even when we were away for 20 minutes, they managed to sneak in, tidy up and replace our water. The resort provides free triple distilled water in old style milk-like containers to your mini bar a few times a day. Every night at turn down, there is a new bottle with a fruit wedge next to the bed. You feel perfectly at home.
Unfortunately I did not have an opportunity to take advantage of the spa services (they were booked in the short time I was there), but they now have a small spa if the guest desires service outside the room (which I appreciated).
The staff was superbly friendly.
The bar attached to the restaurant is definitely a good stop for a cocktail. The recipes are very inventive; I had a cocktail with citrus vodka, homemade gum liquor, lemon juice, and a pinot noir top - it was amazing. I didn't have a chance to enjoy the restaurant, opting to dine at Bouchon across the street instead (fantastic - must go!).
The only drawbacks were the mini bar and inroom dining - from my perspective. The mini bar only had water. Because there are not really "stores" a-plentiful around that area, I expected at least something to be stocked in the room (especially when you get back from a day of wine tasting and want a snack!). Also the in room dining menu is fairly limited, and gets more limited as the night goes on. Snacking after dinner is not really an option (although wine is available and some very small other items). Obviously this can be worked around as long as you know in advance.
All in all, I was extremely sad to leave bardessono and will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Bardessono? Share your experiences!