“Wish I could give more stars!” 5 of 5 stars

The Spa Package
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Yountville
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
North Carolina
“Wish I could give more stars!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My first trip to Napa, and I chose this hotel based purely on Tripadvisor reviews. I am so happy I did. It is so quiet, so nicely designed and the staff is totally professional, yet warm and friendly. Should I return to the area, I would without a doubt, stay here again. I am hard to please, and this place surpassed my expectations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Lifebirder,

We wish you could give us more stars, too.....

Trip Advisor and other on line review sites are really important to us and to people contemplating a vacation or visit to Napa Valley. Prior to these sites' popularity, all people had to go on, when selecting a hotel, is a website, or print collateral pre-web. As a result of pretty, exaggerated, and embellished websites, in which reality is not as good as the marketing, consumers know look at them for information, but are much more interested in what guests have said about the hotel post their stay,

We have a lot of good reviews, because we work ever so hard to make sure every guest has the time of his/her life here. We take guest service very personally and try to "personalize" luxury for our guests. And we are blessed with a great location and facility. But it's our staff who bring this place to life.

Got a little long-winded here. Thanks for listening.

We hope you'll return. It would be nice to thank you in person.

All best wishes from all of us at Bardessono.

741 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed here last weekend for our first trip to Napa Valley. Loved the hotel & where it was situated for our stay. Yountville is a very quiet, quaint town and Bardessono fit the bill for us perfectly. My husband and adult son & I stayed here in a king spa suite. Perfect for 3 people with the day bed & king sized bed. The restaurant Lucy was great for breakfast twice & twice we used them for room service breakfast. The housekeeping staff was great as were the concierge & front desk staff. What a wonderful place to stay. When I called for help with arranging transportation, the concierge was so helpful and we had a wonderful car service for our stay.

The only problem we had was the jets in the whirlpool tub would go on at will & hard to turn off. Secondly the sliding door to the bathroom suite was hard to open & close. I mentioned to the front desk as I checked out though. Not a huge problem but when you are paying a good amount for a room, this shouldn't happen. All in all, a wonderful hotel & would definitely stay here again if staying in Napa again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear kilp6233,

Thank you for staying with us and posting this detailed and thoughtful review. I'm glad you enjoyed your time here and our wonderful little Town of Yountville.

When you checked out, our Front Desk staff passed on your comments about the self-cleaning tub jets acting up, as well as the bathroom sliding door. Both have been repaired. But, at our price points, these are issues that should have been caught in our very thorough room inspection process. I'm so sorry we let you down in this regard.

We do hope you'll return...soon and often.

It was our pleasure to have served you.

All the best from your friends at Bardessono.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have high expectations and am very critical, yet I have given the highest accolades relative to our stay at the Bardessono.
The entire staff was helpful, friendly, and genuine. The facility was modern, warm, and well placed in the local environment.
And the town of Yountville...it has small town Napa charm, and a prime location!
We had a great stay at the Bardessano, and highly recommend it to the demanding traveler!

...and yes, we look forward to going back again!

Green Features: The hotel is certified at the highest level for it's environmentally friendly practices.
Dear Blueh2o5,

What a nice review. Short and sweet. Thank you so much.

We look forward to your return trip, when I hope I'll get the chance to thank you in person.

Warmest regards from all of us at Bardessono.

Gladstone, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We love this place. Would recommend and stay ourselves next time. Thanks for making us feel special on our anniversary. Can't really say much more except keep doing what you're doing. If I wasn't happy about something, trust me, I'd say it! Cheers Ken

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with the Steam Room. It really is very good
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Ken,

High praise, indeed, from a person I sense to be a candid critic. Glad you enjoyed your stay, and a happy belated anniversary. And thank you for loaning a fellow countryman to skipper our Oracle Team USA in the Americas' Cup. What a win for the USA and Australia.

Hope we'll see you back here soon.

All the best from all of us at Bardessono.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed here for 4 days and 3 nights. Every aspect of this resort was perfect! The service is impeccable. The staff is truly committed to making sure that every aspect of your stay is fantastic. There is virtually nothing that they won't do for their guests and it is always done with a smile. The accomodations are clean, upscale and extremely comfortable. The restaurant and bar are outstanding. The location in the middle of Yountville is the perfect location - accessible to shopping and restaurants that are walking distance to the hotel. It is right in the middle of the valley so this is the place I would stay at. Overall, I have stayed in many of the top hotels in the world and this ranks right up there with the best. Recommend as highly as possible, without reservation.

Room Tip: Rooms are well spaced apart and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear J B,

What a great review. Thank you so much. We aspire to be one of the world's great hotels, so it's very nice to be spoken of as such. You complimented our staff, our location, and our restaurant and bar. At the risk of sounding immodest, I agree with you on all counts. There are many great restaurants in Napa Valley, particularly in Yountville, and I would put Lucy right up there with the best. More and more of our guests are realizing this.

Truthfully, when we opened in 2009, it took us a while to get our restaurant 'concepted' correctly and then fine-tuned. It now is, and is a fabulous place for lunch or dinner.

Many thanks again, and we hope your travels from Spain will bring you back our way soon.

Warmest regards.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here two nights with my wife.
Wonderful hotel and staff.
Our suite was very nice with outdoor shower and large dressing and bathroom. Complimentary water and wifi was a nice touch.
Pool area very nice and the pool attendant was very quick with drinks.
Nice outdoor seating area for bar and dinning room.
Easy walking to all of Yountville restaurants and shops.
Also offer bikes.
Will happily stay here again.
Staff is superb.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tennn,

So glad you and your wife stayed with us, and thank you for posting this nice review. Delighted you appreciated our staff, location, room layout, the pool, and our bikes. We really like your headline - Fun-Modern-Great Service. It describes us well.

Hope we'll see you back here soon.

All the best from all of us at Bardessono.

Santa Rosa, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed here only for one night but wish it could have been longer. The rooms are very nice and the patio areas are large and comfortable. The service was absolutely awesome. We ate in the restaurant, LUCY, and had one of the best dinners ever. Yountville is also very charming and with the access to so many great wineries and great restaurants, it is a great place for a vacation. Our only complaint: the air conditioning was noisy. But it wasn't enough of an issue to "downgrade" the review to 4 stars.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear DasBoot214,

Thank you for posting this thoughtful and balanced review. It seems you enjoyed your stay - your room, our service, and our restaurant Lucy, in particular. But I'm sorry about the air conditioning noise in your room. No excuses. At our price points, our guests have every reason to expect peace and quiet in their room. We test our rooms for internal ambient noise caused by our systems here, either electrical or mechanical. We will test our rooms again before the end of October and correct whatever deficiencies exist.

Since you live less than an hour away, I do hope we'll see you here again. Please call on me for anything here at Bardessono.

All best wishes.

Jim.

Been to Bardessono? Share your experiences!