When we need an adult getaway we take the 55 minute flight from Burbank to Oakland, then drive one hour to Bardessono. Stepping out of the car in the valet area we get that "aah" feeling, and we tend to stay on the property for most of our time. The property is completely immersive. Architecturally stunning with a great bar and restaurant (Lucy) on-site. What we really love are the rooms, especially the lower level "steam spa" rooms. These luxury rooms are almost too relaxing and enjoyable, as we find ourselves not wanting to leave them. The bathrooms are almost as large as the living area, and they are their own experience. Our last bathroom featured a steam shower, a giant spa bathtub and an outdoor shower just off our secluded patio, so we spend a lot of time exploring those amenities. If you decide to stay on-site like we do, Lucy is just steps from your front door, as is the spa, and the super cool upper deck pool with an expansive view of the valley, so it's all right there. If you want to venture out just a little, Yountville and all it's great restaurants are within a few blocks of the hotel, so you never need to drive unless you want to. One thing the hotel can do better is check-in. A complimentary pour and a tour of the grounds is supposed to be part of the check in experience, which would set a welcoming tone for the stay. For some reason both times we checked in this was blown-off. A minor gripe, overall a stellar hotel which we will return to soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bardessono is a newly defined experience in hospitality that weds “deep green” with luxury, a subtle aesthetic, privacy and graciousness. This 62-room hotel with its 68-seat restaurant and bar, and in-suite spa butler program models hospitality after the enduring expressions of land and family that fostered and sustained the original Bardessono family farmstead. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Splendia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Bardessono reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bardessono Hotel Yountville
- Bardessono Yountville, Napa Valley, CA