“anniversary get away” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Vancouver, Canada
“anniversary get away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

From start to finish an incredible experience. Great attention to detail from the welcome we received, to the food on site and all the room amenities and property offerings.
The positive, helpful attitude of "all" the staff made the visit very special. Nothing was too much and they all had a relaxed and professional manner. Nothing was left to chance... they took care of everything quickly and with our satisfaction in mind. Hard to find a place like this!
It is a very tranquil upscale resort, well executed and we appreciated the focus on enviromental issues as a LEED property.
It was a treat to spend our anniversary there, and would not hesitate to visit again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear 506Catherine506,

Thank you for staying with us and posting this detailed and thoughtful review.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and our staff served you well. It's also nice to be appreciated for our commitment to the environment, as demonstrated by our LEED platinum certification and general recognition as being one of the greenest luxury hotels in the world.

We do hope you'll return on your next anniversary, or before.

Best wishes from your friends at Bardessono.

757 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was my 4th time to stay at Bardessono and the first time as part of a group business retreat. We booked 20 rooms for the weekend of March 15-17. On property events included a welcome reception for our group on Friday. A half day seminar on Saturday. A group dinner on Saturday night. Bardessono's team had it all together. We were also blessed with perfect weather and the combined Taste of Yountville event that happens the 3rd Saturday of every March.

Our group does an annual business retreat. Past locations have included Solage in Calistoga, Napa Valley Lodge, and Monterey Plaza Hotel. All locations and venues have been good, but Bardessono was a lot more than just good.

Each of our guests was greeted warmly by the friendly valets. Check-in was swift and professional. A glass of wine is offered at the front desk as you are given a quick tour of the property.

The rooms are spacious and high tech. The bathroom is large to accommodate the in-room massage services offered. Power window blinds and multi-media dock for the flat panel TV. Wi-fi throughout.

Our welcome reception was in the bar/lounge that opens up to an outdoor patio where lounging furniture is arranged around a fire feature and reflection pool. The bar staff easily kept up with approx. 30 of us.

Our business meeting was held in their conference space. The meeting space was perfect for our group of 30. Many places we have been strangely lacked the ability to black out the room for multimedia. No problem here as they have black out blinds to cover the large windows that overlook an event patio. We had a breakfast buffet before the meeting that was staffed by 2 servers to keep everything top notch. Everything is high tech...including the event space public restrooms. You better plan on extra time at break because the toilets are fully automated and have a menu of options. Who would have thought you would want options?

Our evening event was held on the outdoor event patio. The weather was perfect plus they had plenty of outdoor heaters set up. This was the best event dinner our group has experienced. The chefs and servers did an awesome job. My thanks also to the head chef, Victor.

Many in our group took advantage of the wonderful spa services and made use of the 2nd floor roof top pool.

If you are looking for a great hotel experience whether on your own or part of a group...hard to beat Bardessono for the central Yountville location, modern facility, and professional team.

Happy to answer any questions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Southpawfam,

What a wonderfully detailed and thoughtful review. Thank you. And thank you for staying with four times!

Yes, we do enjoy serving small groups, usually board meetings, corporate retreats, and group incentive trips. Our meetings facilities lend themselves nicely to this type of business.

Over 85% of our business, though, is more about couples and friends having a Napa Valley getaway. With these people as our core customer segment, we do try to serve groups unobtrusively and discreetly. We don't want our guests to feel that they are in a "convention" environment, so we generally keep our group size small.

Once again, thank you so much for this.

Warm regards from all of us at Bardessono and hope to see you back here soon.

Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here 10 months ago and came back for more. We love the property, the service and the relaxing rooms. The outdoor showers and bath tubs are fun and relaxing. The indoor showers are big enough for two. Room service from Lucy is always wonderful. If you're staying in the Napa this hotel is an excellent choice.

Dear GodGivenGlory,

Thanks so much for staying with us again and posting this second review. Looks like we may have been able to do a better job for you in the areas of cleanliness and sleep quality, though. I'm so sorry. Would love to hear from you directly on your view of our improvement opportunities in these two areas. jim.treadway@bardessono.com.

Hope we'll see you back here for a third visit in the not-too-distant future.

We really appreciate your support, loyalt, and friendship.

Warm regards from your friends at Bardessono.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This property is spectacular period. It is worth the high price period. We checked in with our dog and we were quickly escorted to our amazing room. The staff made sure our dog had bottled water, treats and a pillow!

The room had a large patio area and the room itself was very large. The bathroom had a huge soaker tub and a steam shower that I never wanted to get out of. The room is very high tech and had all types of outlets for whatever gadgets you might have. We ordered room service from the restaraunt Lucy and that was great as well- carrot salad was the best. The room serbice order arrived in record time- about 20 minutes. I will be back for sure. If you are looking for a small, upscale resort that pampers you ( and your pet) do not miss the opportunity to stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Viveutvivas,

(If my distant memory of high school Latin serves me right, that means something about life and living........ in Latin......)

So glad you enjoyed yourselves with us, and thank you for both staying with us and posting this nice review. And Ihope you got good weather with us, a nice break from Chicago weather, where my daughter is living.

Hope you'll be back soon. It would be nice to thank you in person.

Warm regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I could not say enough great things about this hotel. My girlfriend and I arrived and were greeted by a friendly staff who took our bags to our room and gave us a glass of wine. After a tour of the beautiful grounds with the very informative staff, we were brought to our room, which was gorgeous and had everything you could ask for, including advanced on/off technology for room features that you would expect in every hotel, but seem not to be the standard yet. Our 3 night stay found a very informative and helpful concierge, great and clean facilities, and beauty at every turn. I could go on and on but will stop myself here. If you are trying to do a napa trip, this is my recommendation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Ryan A,

So glad you came our way and enjoyed yourselves here in Napa Valley and at Bardessono. And thank you for this nice review.

I'm so grateful for people like you who take the time to write reviews. When responding I often don't express my gratitude enough.

So here's a big thank you to you, and all the others who have given of their time to help others with their travel decisions.

Please return soon. We'll keep a light on for you.

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Bardessono last week for his birthday. We're always going to Vegas but this time opted for something different.

Since the suites in Vegas are top notch. I really wanted to stay somewhere with comparable amenities. That's why I picked Bardessono. Upon arrival check-in was pleasant. Our bags were waiting in our room by the time we arrived after check in. The room at Bardessono had a wonderful modern look to it.

I called ahead and asked if they could have something special done for my husband's birthday. I really wanted a cake but I decided too last minute and their bakery area was not able to accomodate that in that time frame. Camille who works as a concierge was very helpful and arranged for a chocolate souffle w/ice cream with a candle and a personal note card from me to be waiting in our room as soon as we checked in. It was a pleasant surprise for him. Camille was even willing to order a cake from outside of Bardessono if I wished, but I told her that simple was fine.

We had a couples massage in our room after arriving and it was the BEST experience that we have ever had. Candles everywhere, soothing music, and fter our massage they had a bath (jacuzzi) ready for us with some champagne on ice. Nice touch! What a way to start off our vacation in wine country!

Thank you Bardessono! My husband wants to make this a yearly tradition, so we will be back!

Aloha from Honolulu, Hawaii :)

Aloha pumehana, Eric-Evon R,

Greetings from Napa Valley.

So glad you enjoyed your stay here. Camille is a wonderful concierge (one of three). So glad she took good care of you. And what a nice way to celebrate - an in-room couples massage.

Please do make a visit to Napa Valley and Bardessono an annual event.

Mahalo for staying with us and the great review. See you next year.

Jim (formerly of Kauai)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a weekend getaway at the end of October 2013, and we have a kiddo with low-functioning autism who always travels with us, so we needed to find the right hotel for our family. I called 2 other hotels in Napa Valley, which I will not mention but I would love to, who told me on the phone that we may want to find another place to stay since they were not willing to accommodate with the needs our son (read: you will make our other guest uncomfortable). Our son needs a rollaway bed so we can put a specially made tent on it so he won't wonder in the middle of the night (sleeping is not his thing) and we always ask for a corner room so that our son can make his little noises, twerps, hand flapping and behaviors without bothering other guests. Well, Bardessono went above and beyond the call of duty. Not only was the women on the phone understanding of our needs, she mentioned that she had experience with autism and would be happy to make sure we felt comfortable and relaxed while staying at their hotel. I mentioned that my son likes to swim and when we arrived at the hotel, the staff told us they had heated the pool so our son could swim to his heart's content. We were so touched and when we reached our room, there were cookies for him with his name spelled out on the plate in chocolate! He was so happy, he started flapping those hands as fast as he could. (Yes, they asked about food restrictions beforehand.) The entire weekend the staff would say hello to our kiddo, which he LOVES, and they made us feel comfortable and it was easy to relax knowing that we were in good hands. One of the staff at the spa mentioned that she'd be happy to babysit our son if my husband and I wanted to go out to dinner that night once she was done with work. While we did not take her up on her offer, it was wonderful knowing that the staff genuinely cared about our needs and wanted to make sure we were taken care of.

Normally, especially before we had our son, I would read a review like this and roll my eyes thinking how annoying it is, but my point is that this resort set the bar for us with our experiences traveling with our son. It is not easy to travel with kids, especially kids with special needs, so when we do find a place that is comfortable (I understand its the law, but it doesn't stop the snotty attitudes, looks or lack of help from some hotels--I will review those later) dealing with our family, and offering the extras to make it a memorable experience, imagine what they can do for a couple looking for a simple getaway!!!! We love this hotel. The location is fabulous and we fell in love with the setting. The pool, where we spent hours with our son, was gorgeous and had great seating arrangements. We had a wonderful dinner at Lucy and also had a great room service experience---a hard find. We also found the private outdoor space very relaxing and enjoyed eating breakfast outside in the sun!

We will be staying at Bardessono again and even bid and won a package they offered at a special needs auction we attended after our weekend there. They truly are a class act and if you are looking for somewhere to feel pampered and appreciated, this is your place. If you want a place that won't cater to your needs, or the needs of families with special needs, there are a few others I can recommend.

Room Tip: I'd recommend a spa room so that you have more room and a beautiful outdoor space. It was worth...