“Faultless” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London
“Faultless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. On arrival we were greated with a glass of wine each, and a complimenary bottle of red in the room - all locally sourced and very pleasant. The room itself was terrific - we had booked the standard room but were given the extra steam room feature as they were quiet. The highlights were the huge bath, the outdoor patio and the sizeable living room area and fire. All in all, a real pleasure.
Happy hour at the bar was appreciated, with drinks accompanied by homemade popcorn and other nibbles. We ate at Lucy one night - we thought the food was decent, without being particularly exciting, but in its defence we had been eating out every night on that holiday beforehand and were probably a bit overfed before we started. The breakfast was excellent however, particularly the eggs benedict done with avocado.
We borrowed bikes one day to explore some of the nearby vineyards, of which there are many. Provided you go easy on the drink, this is a great way to see a few vineyards without the complications of booking taxis or driving - the hotel bikes were new carbon fibre affairs, which were great and had clearly been properly maintained.
I struggle to find anything bad to say about this place - the only slight thing I can think of would be the mandatory valet parking. As a Brit, I find valet parking a bit of an odd concept anyway, but I can see the point when the car park is a long way from the hotel. Here though, the car park is about 50 feet from the hotel door, so you basically drive through the car park without stopping, only to hand the car over and tip someone to drive it back where you came. Any Americans would no doubt dismiss this as the rantings of a lunatic, so feel free to ignore me! All in all though, a seriously good hotel and well worth a visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear CCHLondon,

This is perhaps one of the most detailed and thoughtful reviews ever posted about us. Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post it, and for staying with us, of course.

Interestingly, we do a lot of business out of the U.K.

I'm sorry, though, that our food did not wow you at dinner, but glad you enjoyed our breakfast offerings.

As for our valet parking....it's all we could get permitted for with our room count of 62 rooms. Self parking (which, like you, I personally prefer) would have required dedicated spaces and no "stacking" of cars......in other words more square footage. We opted for the maximum room count on our site when developing the hotel. The valet parking is "free", but guests do feel obligated to tip our valets.

You said so many positive things above. Thank you. Just wanted to address our improvement opportunities.

All best wishes from your friends at Bardessono.

Jim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Gotha, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

First rate staff and accommodations, The property is absolutely beautiful, the rooms are high tech and laid out great. Enjoyed the air jetted tub! The food is so fresh and really good. But the staff, the staff was kind, sincere, and so accommodating. Highly recommend this place. I will be back!

Room Tip: ask for the second floor to maximize your views from the patio!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ginese S.

What a nice review. Thank you so much. We particularly appreciate your kind words about our staff. I'm so proud of each and every one of them.

Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to your return.

In the words of Tom Bodette, we'll keep a light on for you.....

Warm regards.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed at Bardessono for four nights in January. From the minute we got out of the car we knew there was something special about this place. The welcome was warm and inviting, our room was spacious and really well designed the bathroom was fantastic! Before we arrived we asked if the concierge could arrange a booking at the French Laundry which meant they had to book two months in advance, they tried for three days and finally got us in......that is commitment to their job! When we arrived we sat with them and they organised appointments with different wineries for us and each one was exceptional. I cannot speak more highly of their help they were amazing.
We ate at Lucy's twice for dinner and the food was very creative and tasted wonderful.
We have stayed at many hotels over the years and I have to say this is one of the best! Next time we go to the Napa Bardessono will be where we stay, we couldn't fault it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Traveljunkie084,

What a nice review. Thank you so much for posting it and staying with us. Melbourne is not exactly around the corner.......

We're glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience all that Napa Valley, Yountville, and Bardessono have to offer. Getting into The French Laundry (TFL) on short notice is extremely difficult to do. Delighted that "the stars aligned" and our Concierge team was able to make that happen for you. Wish we could do that for all our guests, but our failure rate with securing last minute reservations at TFL is high.

Hope we'll see you back on our side of the world soon. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes from your friends at Bardessono.

Jim.
Loomis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Everything about this stay was fantastic. The one small problem (which was not the hotel's fault) was quickly, happily addressed. Such a friendly, gracious staff for this caliber of hotel - they truly take care of every tiny detail gladly and professionally. The atmosphere is earthy but elegant and classy - yet another way that they are respecting the planet. The next time I splurge on a hotel getaway it will be here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear msmcm80,

Thank you for staying with us. We're glad to read you enjoyed your stay. There are several world-class (and expensive) hotels in Napa Valley, we are just one of them, and we compete on the basis of our service and our location - both definitive strengths for Bardessono.

You're so nice to post this review. Thank you.

Hope we'll have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

All best wishes,

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I were delighted by the LEEDS features. Solar panels, "smart" window shades, etc. Gorgeously designed rooms, with function and form in nearly perfect balance.

Can't really say much that hasn't already been said. It's pricey, but definitely worth it as a treat, especially when it allows you to indulge with a clear "environmental conscience".

The grounds are worth exploring in detail... the garden and water features are all beautiful, and we loved the attention paid to all the little things.

Room Tip: We were in a second floor room closer to the front of the grounds. A room further to the back may le...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Myklreinhart,

Thank you for staying with us and posting this great review.

We appreciate your appreciation for all the things we do here to enable a very small carbon footprint to be left behind by our guests. Marrying luxury and sustainability was no easy task, as you can imagine.

We're glad you enjoyed your stay here, and hope you'll be back soon. I know the winters in Edmonton can be cold and prolonged.

Warm regards from your friends at Bardessono.

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had the good fortune of staying at the Bardessono on business as we rented a large portion of the hotel for an executive retreat last November. Although I have traveled all over the world, this was truly the nicest hotel experience of my life.

Our agenda started early and went late, which gave me little time to enjoy my amazing room or the beautiful grounds of the hotel. At times I woke early or stayed up later than I would normally just to relax and soak in the comfort.

The bathroom has every luxury you could ask for..large sunken tub, steam shower, ample lighting in the vanity area and generous closet space.

The sleeping quarters offer a lovely gas fireplace that I would turn on every moment I was in the room for coziness. The room offers a comfortable sitting area in front of the fire and TV, as well as a private outdoor sitting area. I wanted to move in and never leave!

Large groups, especially executive groups, can be trying with their ever-changing agendas and demanding guests. The staff at Bardessono was so gracious and kind. Every request was met with enthusiasm. I asked one early morning breakfast if hair spray might be available for sale at the spa as I had forgotten to pack any. By our first meeting break that morning, I was handed a full can of hair spray. Someone had been sent to the store to purchase some for me!

The hotel, as others have mentioned, has a perfect central location from which to visit the Napa Valley. I look forward to booking a vacation stay at Bardessono in the near future.

Room Tip: Generally I don't recommend ground floor rooms..but here, the private gardens make them a best b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Schulju,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. So glad you and your group enjoyed your stay here.

Do come visit us on vacation, when you'll have all the time in the world to enjoy all Napa Valley, Yountville, and Bardessono have to offer.

And your hairspray will be on the house, of course. :)

Warm regards,

Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at Bardessono for four nights and it was the best vacation ever. Usually, I cannot fully enjoy high quality hotels as I tend to feel that I am in the wrong place, I do not deserve here etc. at these luxurious hotels. But I had a totally different experience at Bardessono - the hotel staff were all so warm and friendly full of authentic hospitality, making us feel totally at home and comfortable. The room was spacious and well designed, and aesthetic consciousness was found every corner of the hotel. There were great wineries and superb restaurants within the walking distance, which was perfect for us who wanted to enjoy wine without regard to driving. As soon as I came back to Tokyo, I started to recommend the hotel to my friends...wish to return not in the distant future. Thank you so much!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Mayuka Y,

We're so glad you enjoyed our hotel so much. We really do enjoy serving our guests in an attentive, sincere and warm way. We pride ourselves on not being stuffy and scripted, but rather....genuine service from the heart. Our attitude is that we invite each and every guest into our home, and we treat them like house guests.

Tokyo is a long way from which to come to visit us. Thank you for making the trek. And Japan is home to a number of world class hotels, so priase from you means so much to us.

Look forward to serving you again here.

Best wishes from your friends at Bardessono.

Jim

Been to Bardessono? Share your experiences!