“Beauty at Bardessono” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Seattle, Washington
“Beauty at Bardessono”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Can a place make you feel more beautiful? Yes it can.

It felt to us that everything at Bardessono was hand-picked: from the artwork, to the wine glasses, the seating, outdoor fire places and fountains, the scents, the sounds, the tastes AND THE STAFF. We felt welcome the moment we walked in and felt like we were the most important people (and dog!) who had ever stopped to stay. We can not wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Upper rooms have great views!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Audra B.

What a wonderful review. Thank you so much. We're delighted you enjoyed your stay here and appreciated the extraordinary attention to detail here and the wonderful staff we have.

Seattle is not to far away, so we hope we'll see you back here one day. Also, our Personal Luxury Resorts & Hotels sibling properties - Hotel 1000, The Sorrento, and Willows Lodge - are all in the Seattle area, and are wonderful with very strong service cultures.

Best wishes from your friends at Bardessono.

Jim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed here for the first two nights of our honeymoon. Upon arrival, we were offered a glass of wine. When we arrived to the room, there was a bottle of champagne on ice waiting for us!

We had a great couple's massage & soak (90 minutes) in our room. It was very relaxing; however, I have two complaints: (1) There was a miscommunication with respect to gratuity and we ended up double-tipping the therapists. (We tipped in cash in the room but then were automatically charged additional 20% upon check-out.) I had hoped that the therapists would say something once they completed the service, but they did not and, in the end, we tipped 40% (!) When I pointed it out on the bill at check-out, the staff member did not offer to call the spa to confirm that we already tipped. Instead, he just shrugged it off and that was it. I was upset that no one attempted to look into it. (2) No one came to pick up the massage tables after our massage. The massage was at 4:30 pm, afterwards we called the front desk to let them know they could come get the tables. We checked out the next morning and unfortunately could not enjoy the living space of our room for our last night because it was completely taken up by the tables.

The grounds are absolutely beautiful. I recommend stopping by the pool/spa at night to get a great look at the stars. On our first night, we enjoyed the bar area and had a couple glasses of wine & appetizers during the "happy hour." Unfortunately, we did not have a chance to eat at Lucy, the hotel's restaurant.

We would consider staying here again. I really appreciated the concierge's communication prior to our stay. They were very helpful and made themselves available as soon as we booked our reservation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear KristinL778,

Thank you for staying with us and posting this review.

I'm so sorry about the double tipping situation and the massage tables being left in your room. No excuses. Unacceptable for a hotel of our quality and with our price points.

Please shoot me an email at jim.treadway@bardessono.com and I'll make sure we send you a refund.

We hope you otherwise enjoyed your stay and will return soon and often.

It was our plkeasure to serve you.

Best wishes from your friends at Bardessono.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This place is superb, especially as a luxury family retreat. The welcome couldn't have been warmer or more genuine. The concierge made great suggestions for activities. The restaurant was terrific both at breakfast and dinner. The local town was charming and full of great-looking restaurants.
We wished we'd had more time there. In the future we'd consider recovering from a long international flight here and commute to San Fran to shop etc.
Keep up the good work Bardessono.

Room Tip: Families can opt for the King/Queen spa room which has a curtained off queen-sized bedroom for the k...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear 007-Millsy,

This is high praise, indeed, as there are lots of very good hotels in the U.S. (But more in Asia and Europe.)

You came a long way to stay with us. Thank you. And thank you for posting this kind review.

Hope to see you back in our area soon. We look forward to serving you again.

Best wishes.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The concierge helped to plan our trip before we arrived. The spa was excellent as was the treatment. Great location for all Yountville dining, most everything was in walking distance. Beautiful property with spacious rooms. Overall excellent service and a great experience. I would stay there again any time.

Dear MATHouston,

Thanks so much for staying with us and taking the time to post this review. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay hre.

We look forward to your return. Hopefully soon.

Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I first encountered this property during a previous trip to Napa, stopping in for an after dinner drink in the courtyard, we were impresses by the tranquility and beauty and decided to stay here on our next visit. We were not let down! Arriving in a driving rain storm after a miserable drive from SFO we were met with warmth, a much needed glass of wine and impeccable service. Our room was superb, the staff friendly and helpful taking care of any need no matter how big or small. This was one of my most enjoyable visits ever and that is saying a lot as we travel a great deal. The only other hotel in the US where I have received comparable service is the Peninsula Chicago. Bardessono is not inexpensive but worth every penny.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Gab 1581,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for posting this glowing review.

I've stayed at The Peninsula in Chicago a number of times, and agree with you that their service is tops. To be considered on a par with that fine hotel is high praise, indeed.

We hope you'll return.....soon and often.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We travel all over the world and are used to great service at fine hotels and resorts. I am usually let down by a lot of the supossedly good hotels in the US but this place was great. They called several times prior to our arrival to see if we needed anything or if we were celebrating a special occasion. Check in was quick followed by a good tour of the property as well as the room. We were given a bottle of wine in the room and also a half bottle of chanpagne to help celebrate New Years Eve. They have complimentray coffee, tea, fruit and pastries in the morning and we also took advantage of the free 3 hour Lexus hybrid test drive (they have several cars to choose from). Housekeeping was flawless and the front desk staff was always checking to see if we needed anything. We are already planning a return trip in the fall. Hats off to Bardessono for setting the standard in the US !

Dear Std63nyc,

We're so glad you enjoyed yourselves here. Thank you for staying with us and writing this complimentary review. We really appreciate your kind words about us.

We hope we'll be able to serve you again in the not-too-distant future.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Bardessono. Arriving after driving 400 miles I was exhausted, check-in was quick, friendly and efficient and the best part was the warm greeting and the glass of wine during check in. I was walked to my room by the front desk agent. I haven't had this happen in Yountville or Napa before. What great customer service. The room was top notch and the bed was so comfortable, I don't think I have slept that well in years. Traveling alone for business as a female can be stressful at times. I felt very safe and secure in my room and walking around the property.
The hotel is ideally located to explore Yountville, as there are many shops and things to do within walking distance.
I had a little extra time in the morning, so I booked a spa treatment. This was one of the best spas I have been to in the Napa Valley. The Esthetician was very knowledgable and professional and she used all state of the art equipment on my face. The water placed around the hotel was fabulous as it had cut up apples, oranges, mint and berries in it. I came home and made some for my family.
The General Manager Jim is very passionate about keeping the customer service and quality of Bardessono and it shows. He will go out of his way to make each guest happy, just ask and you won't be sorry.
Don't think twice, just book a room. This place is fab! I travel a lot, so I know.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Cypress section. It was very quiet and on the ground level. I didn't hear anyt...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear karigirlfriend,

Wow. What a nice review. Thank you so much. I'm glad you've found your "home" here in Napa Valley. Very few of our guests are alone and/or traveling on business. I'm so glad to learn we took very good care of you.

Please return....soon and often. To quote Tom Bodette (sp.), ...."We'll keep a light on for you".

Warm regards from your friends at Bardessono.

Jim

Been to Bardessono? Share your experiences!