We stayed here for the first two nights of our honeymoon. Upon arrival, we were offered a glass of wine. When we arrived to the room, there was a bottle of champagne on ice waiting for us!
We had a great couple's massage & soak (90 minutes) in our room. It was very relaxing; however, I have two complaints: (1) There was a miscommunication with respect to gratuity and we ended up double-tipping the therapists. (We tipped in cash in the room but then were automatically charged additional 20% upon check-out.) I had hoped that the therapists would say something once they completed the service, but they did not and, in the end, we tipped 40% (!) When I pointed it out on the bill at check-out, the staff member did not offer to call the spa to confirm that we already tipped. Instead, he just shrugged it off and that was it. I was upset that no one attempted to look into it. (2) No one came to pick up the massage tables after our massage. The massage was at 4:30 pm, afterwards we called the front desk to let them know they could come get the tables. We checked out the next morning and unfortunately could not enjoy the living space of our room for our last night because it was completely taken up by the tables.
The grounds are absolutely beautiful. I recommend stopping by the pool/spa at night to get a great look at the stars. On our first night, we enjoyed the bar area and had a couple glasses of wine & appetizers during the "happy hour." Unfortunately, we did not have a chance to eat at Lucy, the hotel's restaurant.
We would consider staying here again. I really appreciated the concierge's communication prior to our stay. They were very helpful and made themselves available as soon as we booked our reservation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bardessono is a newly defined experience in hospitality that weds “deep green” with luxury, a subtle aesthetic, privacy and graciousness. This 62-room hotel with its 68-seat restaurant and bar, and in-suite spa butler program models hospitality after the enduring expressions of land and family that fostered and sustained the original Bardessono family farmstead. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo, Splendia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Low Cost Holidays and Jetsetter so you can book your Bardessono reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bardessono Hotel Yountville
- Bardessono Yountville, Napa Valley, CA