“Best hotel we've ever stayed in the US” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Melbourne, Australia
“Best hotel we've ever stayed in the US”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This place is superb, especially as a luxury family retreat. The welcome couldn't have been warmer or more genuine. The concierge made great suggestions for activities. The restaurant was terrific both at breakfast and dinner. The local town was charming and full of great-looking restaurants.
We wished we'd had more time there. In the future we'd consider recovering from a long international flight here and commute to San Fran to shop etc.
Keep up the good work Bardessono.

Room Tip: Families can opt for the King/Queen spa room which has a curtained off queen-sized bedroom for the k...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear 007-Millsy,

This is high praise, indeed, as there are lots of very good hotels in the U.S. (But more in Asia and Europe.)

You came a long way to stay with us. Thank you. And thank you for posting this kind review.

Hope to see you back in our area soon. We look forward to serving you again.

Best wishes.

Jim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The concierge helped to plan our trip before we arrived. The spa was excellent as was the treatment. Great location for all Yountville dining, most everything was in walking distance. Beautiful property with spacious rooms. Overall excellent service and a great experience. I would stay there again any time.

Dear MATHouston,

Thanks so much for staying with us and taking the time to post this review. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay hre.

We look forward to your return. Hopefully soon.

Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I first encountered this property during a previous trip to Napa, stopping in for an after dinner drink in the courtyard, we were impresses by the tranquility and beauty and decided to stay here on our next visit. We were not let down! Arriving in a driving rain storm after a miserable drive from SFO we were met with warmth, a much needed glass of wine and impeccable service. Our room was superb, the staff friendly and helpful taking care of any need no matter how big or small. This was one of my most enjoyable visits ever and that is saying a lot as we travel a great deal. The only other hotel in the US where I have received comparable service is the Peninsula Chicago. Bardessono is not inexpensive but worth every penny.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Gab 1581,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for posting this glowing review.

I've stayed at The Peninsula in Chicago a number of times, and agree with you that their service is tops. To be considered on a par with that fine hotel is high praise, indeed.

We hope you'll return.....soon and often.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We travel all over the world and are used to great service at fine hotels and resorts. I am usually let down by a lot of the supossedly good hotels in the US but this place was great. They called several times prior to our arrival to see if we needed anything or if we were celebrating a special occasion. Check in was quick followed by a good tour of the property as well as the room. We were given a bottle of wine in the room and also a half bottle of chanpagne to help celebrate New Years Eve. They have complimentray coffee, tea, fruit and pastries in the morning and we also took advantage of the free 3 hour Lexus hybrid test drive (they have several cars to choose from). Housekeeping was flawless and the front desk staff was always checking to see if we needed anything. We are already planning a return trip in the fall. Hats off to Bardessono for setting the standard in the US !

Dear Std63nyc,

We're so glad you enjoyed yourselves here. Thank you for staying with us and writing this complimentary review. We really appreciate your kind words about us.

We hope we'll be able to serve you again in the not-too-distant future.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Bardessono. Arriving after driving 400 miles I was exhausted, check-in was quick, friendly and efficient and the best part was the warm greeting and the glass of wine during check in. I was walked to my room by the front desk agent. I haven't had this happen in Yountville or Napa before. What great customer service. The room was top notch and the bed was so comfortable, I don't think I have slept that well in years. Traveling alone for business as a female can be stressful at times. I felt very safe and secure in my room and walking around the property.
The hotel is ideally located to explore Yountville, as there are many shops and things to do within walking distance.
I had a little extra time in the morning, so I booked a spa treatment. This was one of the best spas I have been to in the Napa Valley. The Esthetician was very knowledgable and professional and she used all state of the art equipment on my face. The water placed around the hotel was fabulous as it had cut up apples, oranges, mint and berries in it. I came home and made some for my family.
The General Manager Jim is very passionate about keeping the customer service and quality of Bardessono and it shows. He will go out of his way to make each guest happy, just ask and you won't be sorry.
Don't think twice, just book a room. This place is fab! I travel a lot, so I know.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Cypress section. It was very quiet and on the ground level. I didn't hear anyt...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear karigirlfriend,

Wow. What a nice review. Thank you so much. I'm glad you've found your "home" here in Napa Valley. Very few of our guests are alone and/or traveling on business. I'm so glad to learn we took very good care of you.

Please return....soon and often. To quote Tom Bodette (sp.), ...."We'll keep a light on for you".

Warm regards from your friends at Bardessono.

Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Not prone to overindulge, we usually keep it frugal when traveling. This trip was close to home and was a combination of birthday and new year celebration. From first contact, over the phone, staff was extra helpful. They asked pertinent questions about our stay and where we were from, then somehow used that to personalize our stay and make it even more special.

We were greeted with a glass of wine upon check-in while we were given a quick tour of the grounds. My wife was enthusiastic enjoyed the white wine they served. A few hours later, we asked what it was and were informed that it's a project wine of Robert Mondavi Jr's called "One Hope" which supports charities around the world. Upon returning to our room, a bottle of the wine was waiting on the nightstand with a nice note from guest services.

A quick walk around Yountville convinced us that most businesses really do shut down the first week of January around here. Luckily Bouchon Bakery at least was open and we loaded up on pastries...

Since our first two choices of restaurant were closed for annual cleaning, we "settled" for Lucy, the restaurant on the Bardessono grounds. I'm embarrassed that I though Lucy's would be a run-of-the-mill hotel restaurant. We were greeted warmly, wait-staff (Eddie) was attentive and knowledgeable. He could basically explain how to make each dish, he could describe the differences between game birds and the wines that worked with each dish. When I ordered a glass of pinot I recognized on the menu, he brought out a small glass, along with a glass of cabernet franc, which he suggested I try because it was unique and went well with the dish I'd ordered. I was impressed and chose the cab franc. We each only ordered a single dish, but the chef sent out extra dishes with his compliments. Maybe it was a slow night, maybe the chef was trying out some new recipes on us, but it was like the food just kept coming out. And each dish was amazing. After having previously been let down and a little disappointed at more than one of the big name restaurants in Napa Valley in the past, I was impressed to have such a well rounded and beautifully presented meal in a quiet place tucked in to the Bardessono. A well laid cheese service was icing on the cake.

And nothing about the room yet! It was outstanding. A little chilly when we first walked in, but I understand they are environmentally conscious and the heat was turned on right after we arrived. Besides, who needs a warm room when there's a steam shower and huge jetted tub? The environment was nice, but there was a strange feeling of a lack of privacy, with the tub facing a wood-walled patio. Lots of little holes in the wood walls made it so we felt obligated to close the blinds when in the bath. Not a big deal -- someone had stuffed a few of the holes with leaves!

The bar at Lucy's was nice -- we had a couple drinks while waiting for our table. The bartender, Brian, knew his stuff as well. The selection of whiskeys was impressive, although I think they could increase their Irish whiskey representatives!

The gas fireplace was a nice touch, especially considering it was 27 degrees in the morning! Got up at 7am and went upstairs to the rooftop pool. The water was around 80 degrees and a quick swim was pleasant with the hot tub and fresh towels already laid out. Peets coffee and awesome croissants in the bar made the morning easy.

Everything about the stay, even up to checking out, was special. It was almost creepy (almost) how staff knew your name, said happy birthday, or just somehow went out of their way to make our visit special.

I don't know if I've ever given a 5 star rating to anything on tripadvisor, but this place deserves 6 or 7. We look forward to coming back again and again.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. Base rooms are fantastic and there would be no reason to upgrade unless you wa...
Dear bsar66,

We can't thank you enough for this glowing review, and for staying with us. I'm so glad to learn we served you well. Our mantra is 'personal luxury' - going above and beyond what other luxury hotels do for their guests.

We hope we'll have the opportunity to serve you again. Santa Rosa is not that far away......

All best wishes.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed at Bardessono December 9th for a few nights and it was a perfect place to lay your head down after a day in Napa. The small touches and the professional, courteous staff make the stay feel more like a B and B than a 90+ room hotel. The location to the best eateries in Yountville, the fire pit out back and the fresh, free pastry and coffee in the morning we just added pluses to the large, spacious, quite room. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael B.

Thanks so much for staying with us and this complimentary review. One minor correction - we only have 62 rooms and suites total, enabling a much higher level of personal service here than our larger counterparts like Ritz and Four Seasons.

Please come back......soon and often.

It was our pleadure to have served you.

Jim

Been to Bardessono? Share your experiences!