I knew Bardessono was special. I knew it was beautiful, and I expected it to be a wonderful stay. But we were blown away from the moment we arrived. The young handsome valet asked my name, and secretly radioed my arrival to the front desk. Upon entering the hotel we were greeted by another very handsome Italian man who offered us wine before we got to the check-in desk. He was more of a host/sommelier than a front desk professional. We sipped expensive wine from Japan, and were complimented for another 5 or so minutes. I could get used to this!
Then handsome Italian man (I sure wish I could pronounce his name, then I might be able to spell it) escorted us to our room and proceeded to show us every nook, cranny and electric device. Even mentioning that after we enjoy the jacuzzi bath it might make some noise as it cleans itself. They had me at "hot tub bath".
The room (#108 in the Magnolia section) was impeccably appointed; a beautiful fireplace, plasma TV screens with ambiance scenes and sounds, beautiful bedding, and lovely almonds from the hotel management. Wonderful extras like Sennheiser headphones, and sweet turn down service make a mark.
The bathroom is as big as the bedroom, and with two vanity sinks and a perfectly private area for the toilet I could have stayed in there overnight! They keep a massage table in the cabinet in the bathroom so if you so desire, you can indulge in a private massage, then slip into the shower or the bath after without padding around the hotel in your slippers and robe. The slippers and the robe are wonderful... so either way you're wrapped up in luxury.
We didn't get to use the pool or hottub as we were busy running to appointments, but we did get to indulge in the wonderfully curated spa gift shop.
We spent a nice amount of time at the bar and watched the bartender create some magical concoction which arrived with the "lucy" logo floating atop the work of art. Impressive!
After the party we attended we were in a big hurry to get back to the room to enjoy our sleep. With two beds and a nice alcove w/curtain drawn it was the perfect spot for two co-workers.
We were the first ones up for breakfast, and it was marvelous. So many things fresh made from the garden, and everything done with care.
The service at Bardessono is impeccable. The staff is trained very well, but also seem like they truly enjoy their jobs and are proud to be working there.
We will be back again and again. I urge anyone who wants to treat themselves to stay here. You might not ever want to stay anywhere else!
- Also Known As:
- Bardessono Hotel
- Bardessono Hotel Yountville
- Bardessono Yountville, Napa Valley, CA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bardessono is a newly defined experience in hospitality that weds “deep green” with luxury, a subtle aesthetic, privacy and graciousness. This 62-room hotel with its 68-seat restaurant and bar, and in-suite spa butler program models hospitality after the enduring expressions of land and family that fostered and sustained the original Bardessono family farmstead. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Splendia, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Venere, Expedia, Otel, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your Bardessono reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.