“Consistently Great” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Aptos, CA
“Consistently Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My wife and I have spent our anniversary at the Bardessono for the last 3 years. It is the perfect getaway for a few relaxing days. The hotel staff members are so helpful and positive that they score a perfect "10". The rooms are very large and the beds are super comfortable. We especially like the large decks or patios with every room. We took out a couple of bikes from the valet staff and visited 5 or 6 wineries within 2-3 miles. We ate at Lucy and had a fantastic meal. Our meals showed great creativity and were delicious. The wait staff was first rate and friendly and the sommelier was helpful and not pretentious. Basically we can't say enough about how much we enjoy visiting Yountville and Bardessono. You will too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Beers4u,

Thank you for being such loyal guests, and a belated Happy Anniversary. We are delighted and honored that you chose us for your last three anniversary getaways. And your kind words about our restaurant service and food are deeply appreciated.

We hope to see you here again next year at this time.

All best wishes from your friends at Bardessono.

742 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
sydney, aus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Bardessono is gorgeous and they've really thought carefully about the guest experience when designing the hotel. The rooms were lovely, very calming and perfect for a romantic getaway. The pool and gardens are stunning and I'd love to stay in summer to get full use of them.

We borrowed bikes and took a 10 mile ride around the local area which was loads of fun - just make sure you get one of the carbon fibre racers not a cruiser for this!

We loved the hotel but the service experience in the bar and restaurant was poor. Whilst the service was generally enthusiastic, attention to detail was lacking.

We had booked a Sunday supper package at Lucy and our server Eddie was the only thing that saved our evening. The food was fine and wines were good but the service (other than from Eddie) was unpolished and unprofessional. Thankfully we were amongst friends and managed to laugh it off but I can imagine this type of service marring a special dinner.

Service in the bar (the only real common area in the hotel) was also poor and there is a lot of room for improvement. Concierge staff and door staff were friendly and polite.

Overall I would stay here again because it is such a gorgeous spot but I'd certainly hope that they work on staff training in the bar and restaurant. I tried to raise my concerns during my stay but found it difficult to access the appropriate person to discuss it with. I did discuss these issues upon checkout and the individual I spoke to was very apologetic and seemed to be genuinely concerned.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Marniemac,

Thank you for staying with us and posting this review.

We have already been in communication offline about your bar and restaurant experiences. Again, I'm so sorry all was not perfect for you and your friends. We clearly had an off night, which is inexcusable for a hotel and restaurant of our caliber.

We hope you'll return. We'd love to have another opportunity to "wow" you in Lucy Restaurant & Bar.

Best wishes from your friends at Bardessono.

JIm
Lake Orion, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The hotel is located in a small quiet town in Napa Valley. So if you need action or tourist sites this is not for you. Everyone else is in for a treat! The service is outstanding and super helpful.
The rooms are very spacious. Especially the bathroom, which is large enough for the Spa team to come over and treat you in your room.
The staff is so professional and friendly that for the first time in a hotel I did not bother locking away my valuables.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear D4RTS,

Thanks so much for staying with us and writing this wonderful review. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay here. And your kind words about our staff is music to our ears.

With respect to our location, most people view this as a strength and very positive attribute. Our competitors at the top of the market here in Napa Valley are all in remote locations and require a car ride to get to all that is magical in the Valley, while we are right in the heart of Yountville, which is perceived by many as the place to be in Napa Valley.

Please return soon and often. It was our pleasure to have served you.

Best.

Chicago, IL.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

The moment I arrived at the Bardessono my thoughts escaped me and I was immediately relived of the weeks stress. The room was spacious and the patio was the perfect place to spend my mornings. The spa is top notch. Low lighting with tranquil surroundings. The concierges can set you up with any activity or and restaurant in the area. Their recommendations exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed September 2012
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear itsbritbiotch,

We so glad you enjoyed your stay here in September, and that our concierge team was helpful to you.

And thank you so much for this nice review.

We hope your travels will bring you back to beautiful Napa Valley, and that we will have th opportunity to serve you again in the not too distant future.

Best wishes from all of us at Bardessono.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is in my top 5 of favorite hotels I've ever stayed at. The architecture is beautiful and the interior design tasteful: modern, serene with a cosy feel. They've paid attention to detail on every level. Great service: friendly and welcoming. The room itself was amazing. I loved the fireplace in the bedroom as well as the oversized bathroom with hot tub and shower.

The hotel is located in one of the best parts of Napa Valley. Yountville is a cute town with some of the best restaurants in the area. We rented bikes and went on a 10 mile loop, which brought us along some great wineries such as Cliff Lede and Silver Oak.

I'll definitely come back to this place for romantic weekend. Though I can see that it's also a great spot for a work off-site.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear XtelBoom,

Thank you for stay with us and posting this wonderful review. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay, and that we earned our way on to your top five hotels list.

Please return soon and often. It was our pleasure to have served you.

Best wishes from your friends at Bardessono.

Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I went to Napa for his 40th birthday. We decided to splurge on the hotel and stay at the Bardessono. We were not disappointed! This hotel is top-notch. We pulled up in our rental car and were immediately greeted with a "Welcome and Happy Birthday Mr. Sanders" from the valet, the luggage porter, the check in desk where we were given glasses of wine, etc. Our room was absolutely stunning, on the second floor, and with all the King Spa Suites, it had a huge spa bathroom, amazing tub, giant outdoor balcony with lounge and dining area, an indoor fire place, and views of the hotel garden and the hills beyond to the west.

We loved the environmental design to the room and the hotel in general. The bar is very nice, both indoors and out on the patio with fire pits and fountains. The rooftop pool is awesome, we were able to get a covered cabana every time, no wait. The menu at pool bar is really great and the service good. Room service food is amazing, including breakfasts and the cheese plate. The only aspect of the hotel we were not totally impressed with was dining in the restaurant Lucy. It was fine, nothing special.

The concierge was extremely helpful and knowledgeable and scheduled us for a private tour and tasting at Contessa, which I highly recommend. Another day, we took advantage of the complimentary hotel bikes and rode the Stag's Leap loop while stopping at several wineries. We were even able to get the hotel's complimenatary Lexus (which is first-come, first-serve) out for a test drive on my husband's birthday, which he loved! The location of the hotel is prime; it is literally in the center of Yountville, which is a small, easily walkable town. You are within walking distance to many restaurants and wineries/tasting rooms.

We have been lucky to stay at some classy hotels in our travels, and we can't wait to get back to the Bardessono-absolutely loved it. Maybe my 40th birthday...and stay even longer??!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear littlemtngirl (Mrs. Sanders),

We're so glad we were the venue for your husband's 40th birthday celebration, and we really appreciate this review. You certainly experienced a lot of what we and the Valley have to offer our guests and visitors.

I'm sorry, though, that Lucy didn't delight you. When and if you return, please give Lucy another try. I promise a better experience there next time.

All best wishes from your friends at Bardessono.

Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We just returned from a wonderful trip to Napa Valley with a group of friends and really enjoyed our stay at the Bardessono. We went in celebration of a friend's birthday and the entire experience could not have been better. Andrew, the concierge, went above and beyond what was expected when helping plan our itinerary. The public spaces of the hotel are quite beautiful and our room was outstanding. We loved the automatic shutters and the private balcony! The bed was so comfortable. Although I did not bring my dog on this trip I like the fact that the hotel is pet friendly. The location is also another plus. You are in downtown Yountsville and within easy walkng distance of some of the best restaurants in the country. We loved everything about our stay and will be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear ddwj,

Thank you for such a nice review.

We're glad you enjoyed your stay. And Concierge Andrew (whose real name is Harris :)) will appreciate your kind words, as do I.

We look forward to your return. Look forward to meeting you in person.

Best.

Jim

Been to Bardessono? Share your experiences!