“Very Green and Cool” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Napa, California
“Very Green and Cool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

This hotel is an experience by itself and one of the best lessons that sustainable can also be stylish and beautiful. Located in downtown Yountville, the food capitol of Napa Valley, this is a Platinum Leeds property showing their high committment to the health of the environment. The place is beautiful and comfortable, they just redid the restaurant, as if being steps from California's best places to eat wasn't enough, and the staff is first rate, relaxed yet attentive. It is one of my two favorite places to recommend in Yountville and an absolute gem, the other is the Yountville Hotel. It is a little expensive but in line with the other places in town. On our website we have a very good video we did over the winter time for the Napa Valley Wine Tour App from Sutro Media.

Room Tip: Whenever possible avoid a room where the head of the bed points south. It tends to tire you out. At...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

764 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012 via mobile

We,ve stayed here several times and would always look to return as our first choice in the whole Napa area. Yes, it,s pricey. But the rooms are very large and all that I,ve been in have a private patio, a huge tub and shower, and wonderful, surprising amenities. Some rooms have a bathroom that is spacious enough for an in room massage. Then you can just follow up with a nice hot bath right there. The rooms have fridges with stocked water. Room service food is awesome. And the main building has a very nice restaurant and bar area and outdoor seating area. Be sure to use the cool bathrooms in the lobby area. I think this place is perfect. Right across the street is Hurley,s restaurant which is amazing - a cozy place with great food exceptionally done. Also there is the Bouchon Bakery nearby for coffee and pastries! What could be better.

Stayed February 2012
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Bardessono for a week in March. The grounds, staff and accomodations were excellent. Our room was spacious and the spa bathrooms really are as good as advertised. The hotel is centrally located in Yountville, so just a short walk to Bouchon and even the French Laundry. If you are thinking of Napa, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Fremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

My husband and I have been looking forward to visiting Bardessono for "Taste of Yountville" on March (24th). We made our reservations months ago and we really looking forward to the weekend...Imagine my surprise when I realized I had booked the WRONG weekend!! I worried all weekend that we would not be able to make the change as we were in the 14 day cancellation period.

On Monday, I contacted the hotel and spoke to their GM. He quickly put things in motion and within a few hours had rescheduled our stay..and our massages, without complaint! Everything was done via a few email messages and a new confirmation sent. Whew!

I cant wait for our weekend stay but am already impressed by the service of their management and staff.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I would highly suggest trying to go in off season/sunday-tuesday type of thing to get this place at a more reasonable rate. If money is no object to you than by all means, stay here all the time!! We LOVED our suite. Did not want to leave. Had wine on the back porch, sat by the fire, enjoyed the tub, the steam shower, the outdoor shower...everything!! The only thing I can say I was disappointed in was a strange noise coming from the HVAC system, but they were more than concerned when I told them about it...great service, and beautiful place. I would love to have a master suite someday that resembles this hotel room!!

Room Tip: I am sure they are all great!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Bardessono for a long weekend in early February. We were really impressed! I wasn't sure what to expect since it was a LEED certified resort. In other words, I feared SOMETHING had to give in the way of creature comforts in order to attain this environmentally friendly status, but I couldn't have been more wrong. Everything about the room was luxurious, from the bedding to the bathroom. We loved the huge soaking tub and used it every day. The room was really quiet, although I did notice a few mornings that there was some traffic noise in the form of a service truck backing up (beep, beep, beep) in the parking lot nearby, but we were already awake so I didn't care. However, it probably would have bothered me had I been a late sleeper. I chalk it up to staying in a town rather that out in the valley where nothing else is around.

The service was really phenomenal as well. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, that we encountered truly had a congenial, can-do attitude. It was on par with other 5 star resorts we have stayed at (previous stays in Napa were at Auberge du Soleil & Calistoga Ranch).

We ate breakfast at Lucy two mornings, and had drinks at the bar several times. The food was fantastic, and the cocktails were yummy and inventive.

One of the other things we loved about staying here was being in Yountville. There were lots of great places close by, and we took advantage of that by walking to most of them. In particular, we really loved Ma(i)sonry, Bistro Jeanty, and Redd Wood. Actually the night we were heading to Redd Wood was a bit chilly, and the gentleman at the valet offered to give us a quick ride to the restaurant. I felt silly since it was so close, but took him up on it since I was freezing & in high heels. He told us to give him a call when we were ready to come home, as well. We really appreciated that.

We did use the spa one day, and the massages were fantastic. The spa was a little on the small side, but hey, this isn't Vegas. We hung out up by the pool for an hour before our treatments since the weather was so nice & that was very relaxing.

All in all, I would most definitely recommend this hotel. We will be back!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

We booked Bardessono on Gilt.com for our 4 year anniversary and were so amazed by the customer service and the hotel. We could not be happier with what we've got. This hotel is definetely worth every penny. Our room was on the ground level Steam Spa Suite and it had a large bathroom. My husband enjoyed his steam shower, and I enjoyed my jet bath everyday. Beautiful gas fireplace and the bed was so comfortable! The pool was awesome as well. We also had a couple's massage and was the best we've ever had!!! It was excellet. We would love to stay here again if our budget allows! LOVED everything about this hotel:)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Bardessono? Share your experiences!