“What a treat!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
Mt Pleasant, SC
“What a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2007

Was so pleased to pull up into the Villagio in Yountville. Just precious! It was such a great location for doing wineries and put you so close to many great restaurants. We really loved Redd!

Was hesitant about our stay because we had read about the noise complaints. We didn't notice that at all. The staff was super helpful and quick to act on our requests. We got upgraded to an interior room with the spa package which was a great deal for the area. Room was great with a nice big tub, a patio and fireplace.

Am looking forward to the new spa completion and our next trip there.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Miami, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2007

Great location! Hotel is a "glorified motel" type atmosphere, but rooms are spacious with nice amenities. Public area is lovely, with a feel of being in Provence. Excellent breakfast and mid afternoon snacks. Fabulous concierge who assisted us with visits to boutique wineries, restaurants reservations and other suggestions.
Rooms need to be in inner courtyard, otherwise too much traffic noise. Rooms have terraces or patios, depending on whether room is upstairs or down.
Comfortable beds. Some furnishings need refurbishment.
Good housekeeping
Would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — noise
  • Stayed June 2007
Los Angeles, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2007

I stayed at the Villagio in November 2006 and most recently in July 2007. I had a better trip in July than last year. This hotel is wonderfully located for exploring vineyards in the Napa area. The free breakfast buffet every morning is fantastic. On weekends they even have an omlette station and waffle station. It's no skimpy continental breakfast for sure. We had some sort of suite room which was very nice. We were on the bottom floor though and could hear a lot of noise from upstairs. I liked the Molton Brown products in the bathrooms. The pool was busy and kid-filled but was still a nice place to sit. The gym is really just that guests can use a small, local gym nearby which was less than ideal. Basically, I'm not passionate about this hotel. It's more than basic and we enjoyed our stay. The amount of free food and wine is also to be appreciated. If you are looking for a hotel to really sink into like a resort, this is not the place. However, we were busy wine tasting, etc so this is a nice home base for those purposes. We also loved being able to walk across the street to Bistro Jeanty (try the mussels!) and Redd (good but not outstanding). The hotel rates are always about $300 which is a little high for the value of the stay. So, in all, we had a good time and would stay here again. There is nothing particularly inspired or special about the place though.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — lack of on-site gym
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2007

The hotel is absolutely marvelous. The mediterranean style and very attractive rooms which include huge bathtubs, comfortable bed, excellent view and atmosphere are very relaxing. The hotel is close to restaurants ( I must recommend Bistro Jeanty - excellent food!), shopping, and other smaller cities such as St. Helenna. Nearby wine tasting sites are excellent, especially Darioush (beautiful winery!) You can go olive oil tasting in St. Helenna and enjoy freshly baked bread or sandwiches there. There's a also a casino about an hour and half away, but worth the drive. The massages at the spa were definately not the best, but they tried. The facility is clean, the pool is clean, the complimentary breakfast is excellent, especially the waffles. I will definately return to this hotel.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Spa
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
kristenthoms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2007

Hotel was awesome, service was even better. Waiters by the pool got everything in a timely manner and we never had to flag anyone down. They are constantly making sure your comfort level is not only satisfactory but complete.
Although the hotel is only 45 minutes from my home, I would have never guessed such a great establishment could have existed so close. I felt like I was in a tropical area, miles and miles away from home. It exceeded our expectations by miles. Also, the complimentary bottle of wine and champagne breakfast made it worth the trip in itself.

• Liked — The service and free champagne breakfast
  • Disliked — Noise from the fwy and construction
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2007

If I lived by the saying, "if you can't say anything nice, do not say anything at all" this review would be blank.
My wife and I stayed one night here at the end of a fantastic Napa weekend. We will never stay here again.
We arrived in business attire at 5:00 pm; we were ignored for 30 minutes before being checked in. No huge problem since there is a small bar in the lobby. It would have been better if the bartender knew the difference between a glass of sparkling wine and a glass of sparkling wine with some type of peach syrup in it. However, they do serve Paul Hobbs sav Blanc by the glass.
Upon walking to our room, it looked as if this was a Residence Inn with a small canal and fountains cut into the sidewalk. The rooms were decorated with shoddy furniture at best. In our room, there was a descent bottle of white wine. However, no ice! After 15 minutes of waiting for ice to be delivered, I called to see if an ice machine was available and was made to feel like I had never stayed in such a nice place and that she would "check on" my ice. Another 15 minutes went by and I found an ice machine around the corner.
The wake up call never came! (Thank god I set the alarm on my phone)
Breakfast is presented nicely. But if you are not into a food trough with people and children grabbing the bagel from your plate I would recommend skipping it.
I wish that I knew of a better place in the area but as of now, I do not. I will however, post it here after our next Napa weekend.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — the accomodation
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2007

You would imagine - that for the price you pay here, that walking out of your room wouldn't feel like you were staying at motel six. call me crazy, but for three hundred bucks a night, i shouldn't see car headlights outside my room door & window.

don't get me wrong, the rooms are great, the spa is ok and the pool is nice but for that price, i expect more. our room keys had problems and the new spa construction was noisy and annoying. For this kind of money, i'd recommend the sonoma mission inn or silverado.

if you have to stay here, insist on a room that faces the courtyard rather than the parking lot and wait until they finish the new spa because the old one isn't that great.

on the up side, the rooms are huge and very nice and the tub makes my top ten list of best tubs for it's extra long length. the breakfast buffet was excellent and was included in the price of our room.

• Liked — the tub
  • Disliked — parked cars outside my door
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Villagio Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!