At $250/night (including tax) for a perimeter room, I was a bit concerned after hearing rants on this cite. Don’t be deterred! It was worth it! Gracious welcome (including a peach belini, complementary wine tasting and hors d’ oeuvres), beautifully appointed reception area, impeccably clean grounds. Pool and spa area was well maintained, all the lounging stations well-kempt (no tattered edges) and even cabanas and pool-side service for the summer (we’ll have to return).
Guest room was spacious and exceptionally clean. Oversized bed, soft duvet and plush pillows (not to mention nightly turndown) - definitely a hi-light. Bathroom was large, marble countertops were beautiful and there was a sunken tub which actually enabled me to stretch out and soak. Duraflame log (for romantic fireplace) and complementary Berringer Chard. left a little to be desired, but ya know we’ve paid more at fancy Vegas hotels for SO much less.
Breakfast buffet was comprehensive. Everything you could want and more. All-you-can-drink champagne doesn’t hurt, but even the coffee is rich and delicious. Between this and the afternoon tea/coffee (with generous warm scones, crumpets and quiches) you’re getting a great deal.
Staff was very friendly, even going out-of-their way to rectify a horrid dining experience that we had at Bouchon down the street (not the hotel’s restaurant, but they cared nevertheless).
The only quasi-valid complaint I’ve read here is the traffic noise- but let me tell you, you almost have to strain to here it. I do live in downtown SF, so I might be a little immune, but the windows/rooms are sound-proofed, so you actually hear very little other than a steady stream of what amounts to white-noise. It isn’t as though you’re hearing a freight train crash through at 2 AM. If it bothers you, ask for a room away from the perimeter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villagio Inn & Spa named to Travel+Leisure Magazine's 2012 "500 Best Hotels in the World", as well as T+L's 2011 Top 50 Hotels in the United States. An AAA Four Diamond Award Property, it blends the active, contemporary flavors of California's Napa Valley wine country with the warmth and charm of a countryside village in Tuscany. Villagio's 112 guest rooms, Spa Villagio and executive conference center are situated in a lush garden setting and just walking distance to the Town of Yountville's michelin star restaurants and celebrity chefs. Every guest room features oversize sunken bathtub, fireplace, robes, a complimentary bottle of wine upon check-in, flat screen television and in-room coffee and tea. A daily champagne breakfast buffet and afternoon tea service is included with every stay. Villagio Inn & Spa has recently been recognized as a winner of TripAdvisor's 2012 Certificate of Excellence award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Jetsetter, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Otel so you can book your Villagio Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villagio Hotel Yountville
- Villagio Inn And Spa Yountville, Napa Valley, CA